The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Tank Sets Do You Run in Dungeons?

Kumba_Ya
Kumba_Ya
✭✭
I'm curious what setups work for you guys in vet dungeons. I see all content creators recommending Ebon/Torugs or Alkosh but haven't tried that yet. I'm currently running Ebon/Bahraha/Lord Warden on my warden and find it to be pretty useful but I'm farming the emperium set to try it out. :D
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dk runs ebon/alkosh/LW but my warden runs sanctuary/livewire/sentinel of rkugams
  • Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭
    My dk runs ebon/alkosh/LW but my warden runs sanctuary/livewire/sentinel of rkugams
    That’s an interesting set up, never thought of putting sanctuary on a tank. I like the idea
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kumba_Ya wrote: »
    That’s an interesting set up, never thought of putting sanctuary on a tank. I like the idea

The set is much more of a tank set. Pve healers have much better sets to run, worm, mending, ineffable aether, that 12% more healing received is better on a tank. There is also a named neck of sanctuary that is healthy, so you don't need to transmute one, my warden tank need more max magic, since leeching vines scales with that and spell damage. Having 2 light armor and five heavy also helps with regen and cost reduction, if you don't have the weapons, though in my opinion, weapon/jewelery would be better, I just haven't had luck with one handed sanctuary weapons dropping.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon/Alkosh with LW, Earthgore, Rkugamz, 1pc shadowrend/1pc chokethorn.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what we're doing.

Regular Vet or Normal dungeons - basically what everyone else said...Ebon/Alkosh

If we're going for no-death run or HM's where I need to really survive - I like Ironblood/Warriors Poet. Gives me over 50K HP and tons of resistance, and I never die. The loss of mobility with Ironblood is a joke if you know the mechanics, but if you have to react late to things because you don't know them then the set can be tough. I'd also like to try to get a Eternal Yokeda set (used to always just trash it) to give that "get out of jail free card."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebon Torug Thurvokun
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my MagDK, for stuff I know well, Ebon/whatever set I'm trying out/Grothdarr.

For stuff I need extra tankiness, Ebon/whatever set I'm trying out/Lord Warden.

Whatever I'm trying out has been: Torugs, Worms Raiment, Silks of the Sun, Livewire, Knightmare...pretty much anything. For normal dungeon runs, I usually just leave my Worm's Raiment on from my PVP healer build and call it good, since Ebon is more than enough for my normal dungeon tank needs.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets I run are in part determined by what fits the character, and my main tank is an artificer. That means running these two things in particular at all times: Livewire (5-pc) and Engine Guardian (2-pc). The third set is somewhat in flux. I've used Plague Doctor (5-pc) for along time, but I hate the set name as it doesn't fit him. I recently switched it up for Warrior Poet (5-pc), but am thinking of going back to Plague Doctor since some of the changes to Templar make him overshoot resistance caps with Warrior Poet. Also, I was given a gold Plague Doctor necklace for free by a random player I ended up being grouped for pledges with... which is the only gold jewelry I have ever had and I feel this weird obligation to use it. :D
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torug's Pact for the great boost to enchants' effectiveness and uptimes, and Bahraha's Curse for the damage/heals/snare rolled into one. Combined with Swarm Mother for wrangling adds. Fun times on my NB tank. :)

Edit to add links.
    Edited by GreenHere on October 16, 2018 8:38PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague Dr and Seducer with a couple mismatched monster bits. DK. Selfish but I'm only interested in normal dungeons and still learning. Have a set of Ebon but haven't sorted out if I want to use it or what to pair it up with as it would cascade a number of required changes to my build to keep hp, stam, mag, mag regen, resists etc where I want.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 17, 2018 9:57PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon / Torugs / Lord warden
    S&B main bar
    Ice Staff second bar

Great sustain just swap around.

Coming from a DK tank, the warden tank was much fun to play
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I need to survive or am running with a PUG, I run Crest of Cyrodil and Jailer's Tenacity. The healing you get from those 2 sets is crazy.

If my group is good, Torugs +Alkosh.

I also always run Maelstrom S+B on my back bar. The Rampaging slash bonus to heavy attacks is pretty great.

As for monster sets, those are situational. Usually Earthgore for hard to survive situations and Lord Warden for group help. Grown away from using Bloodspawn on my tanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here ... Ebon + Torug’s + Lord Warden.

MgANT6M.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 18, 2018 2:12PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are pugging vet dungeons, I personally wouldn't worry about a group optimization setup (alkosh/torugs/etc.) For pugs, I either run a carry build (a DPS with a taunt and tanking bar, really) or a selfish tank--often I'll have both on me--scatterbrained group? Time to carry. Ok group, but far from optimized? Selfish tank (heals/self sustain).

Builds designed around group optimization really only work in...optimized groups. Though some aspects (crusher enchant, for example) may be worth having even in sloppy pugs.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suspicion is that, if you have to ask here, you're not running with a consistent group. That means you can't rely on how the rest of the players behave, and need to set up as a selfish tank, rather than group optimized (and what the latter means gets decided by the consensus of the group, of course). You can consider carrying the others when you can solo the dungeon without them, but then you won't be asking us how to do it.