The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Where vampires go when they die?

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
Werewolfs or any werecreature are bound to hircine and the hunting grounds.

The same rule applys to vampires? Do they go to coldharbour and are tied to molag bal? Or when they die , they go to the same place that normal men/mer/beastfolk go.

ESO vampires are lamae bal vampires, and she hates molag bal, in the vampire quest we have to defile the molag bal symbol, would be a hugge irony if ESO vampires go to coldharbour after death.

Also

Vampires (most of them) dont like the divines, but is it possible, to a vampire worship them (without suffering any harm) and go the dreamsleeve when they die?

Edited by Icaruzs on July 1, 2018 8:44AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Igor carefully sweeps up the vampire's ashes, takes them home and scatters them in the bottom of the vampire's coffin, then drips some blood in the ashes, et voilà the vampire undies again!

I guess what I'm trying to say here, and failing, is that Vampires are functionally immortal. They cannot really die. That goes for TES as well as traditional stories. If a vampire wishes to die truly and pass on into the afterlife the first thing they have to do is cure their vampirism. IIRC This was a story line in TES IV.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on July 1, 2018 10:19AM
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time coldharbour as molag Val, the creator of vamparism is the lord of domination and he doesn't ask for your permission due to his sphere
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes when they get killed their souls go to Coldharbour.
    The storyline with the Count's wife doesn't show they can't die but rather that a vampire can fall into coma if not feeding normally. They can still die by violent means!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that there's no evidence in the lore that they go to coldharbour.

In Werewolf case the lore says that they go to the hunting grounds, but nothing about vampire.

Lamae Bal vampire lore wouldnt make sense, she and her vampires opose a dude that they will you see in the afterlife, this would just make things complicated (and perhaps add and eternety of torment)
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But We're already dead sooooooo.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »
    The problem is that there's no evidence in the lore that they go to coldharbour.

In Werewolf case the lore says that they go to the hunting grounds, but nothing about vampire.

Lamae Bal vampire lore wouldnt make sense, she and her vampires opose a dude that they will you see in the afterlife, this would just make things complicated (and perhaps add and eternety of torment)

That wouldn't matter in the least. Brutality and domination. That's the nature of the Prince. In most cases, vampirism was forced upon the progenitor of the vampirism line. In death, you would simply be claimed whether you worshipped him or not. Brutal and dominating, your soul is his
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism is a creation of Molag Bal. I assume every Vampire's Soul is taken to Coldharbour.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Title sounds like the lead into a bad joke
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, the soul is well where it is interesting, people like to make assumptions. here is the assumption, because hircine claims the souls of those that try and go into sovagarde he claims all souls that have lycanthropy. Daedra can't really claim souls unless those souls are willing. Even those soul trapped and sent to the soul soul cairn have their free will but they remain trapped there and they might have to force those souls to submit in order to control them. Unless a Soul Submits they have free will. Even werewolves. The Sovagarde situation might be unique for several reasons, aka one a deal. The companions made a deal with witches which in turn made the deal with Hircine himself.

Which is well a deal that typically has a cost. That cost with Hircine was to serve him and go to the hunting grounds in the same manner the dragonborn might have to serve nocturnal if they did the entire nightingale questline in skyrim . Hircine knows the Nordic Culture and how the companions want to go to sovangarde but to be a hunter of his is to deny the bounties of sovangarde. Unless you on purpose corrupted your soul willingly well I doubt Hircine has much in the way of control over a werewolves soul any more then Molag Bal over a Vampires. You see werewolf ghosts in the daggerfall area, That one undead werewolf well might have been one of them till his soul was thrusted back into his corpse but after hes killed again he goes straight to molag bal not Hircine my guess because he willingly served Molag Bal and Hircine could not get his soul I doubt he tries to round up all the souls that remain. There is also this lore article that talks about this too. Mortals decide where they want to go, the choices they make lead them to where they go.

There is another thing too I should mention, Molag Bal did not willingly make a deal with Lamae Bal in order to use her to spite Arkay he came in maybe through a summons from a cult or well when the barriers were down and forced himself upon her and dominated her that way then the most important thing the drop of his blood. This is important, might also be the reason why Molag Bal can't control her or any of her vampires, because they have free will He used his blood and I imagine this gives vampires a lot of immunity from Molag Bals direct power and control while giving some of the powers of domination they have. Those vampires that are controlled in the orchards, are not controlled by bals daedric power but by but some artifact or device allowing him to keep those ones contained.

One choice can free them the other destroy their minds giving the dragonbreak both options most likely happened. once free they are no longer under Molag Bals Control at all and can fight against him just like anyone else.Because they are like descendants and each generation of vampire is farther away from the source. Because he does not have real power over them this might also explain why he also can't cure the condition, which he admits to in the game of Morrowind . This could also be do to the events of eso where many vestiges normal mortal, vampires and werewolf vestiges all beat him so the dragonbreak is fixed all the vampire,werewolf,mortals who were all the vestiges destroyed molag bal with one combined effort. Think like a massive oversoul of people stacked together destroying the Daedric Prince of Domination's Body and at the end Tamrial goes back to normal and the event is forgotten. Given this Oversoul is filled with many vampires werewolves and normal immortal mortal vestiges. You can picture the very vampirism he made playing a big part in his destruction and maybe freeing all vampires to where they do not get sent to his realm upon his death if that was the case before the events of Eso .
    Here is that thing from the lore article.

The Interpreted Soul, by Abbot Crassius Viria
    August 28th, 2014
    As a Nord, I know that my soul may end up in Sovngarde, with Shor's leave, but could my soul leave Sovngarde and go into other realms of Aetherius if I so choose, or is my soul bound within that realm? – Rhaegar Volker
    Abbot Crassius Viria says, “Conjured or summoned souls of those who have passed on rarely tell of their sojourns in Aetherius, but it is the belief of our order that acts of will, such as travel, are rare where there is no need of volition. There is no choosing where there is no incentive for choice.”
    In a book by Sage Svari of Fallowstone Hall, I have read that Hircine will claim the soul of any lycanthrope upon their death. That leads me to the question of who actually has 'the final say' about where the soul of a mortal goes after death, as this example would suggest that Daedric Princes have a greater say in this than Aedra have. Are there instances in which some kind of conflict between the divine forces over the soul of a mortal may occur, and if so, what would be the deciding factors in such a conflict? – Inkwolf
    Abbot Crassius Viria says, “Sage Svari’s statement that Hircine ‘claims’ the souls of lycanthropes is poetic but misleading. It is the mortals themselves who decide the destinations of their souls by the choices they make during life. However, that said, there have been reports that Worm Cult necromancers have devised a way of hijacking the souls of mortals sacrificed in a certain Daedric ritual. This would be horrid, if true, but so far we have not received definite confirmation of it.”
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 1, 2018 1:01AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    With the new WW DLC it's confirmed again that Werewolf souls go to the Hunting Grounds regardless of what Abbot Crassius Viria said so I think it's safe to presume, she is a bit of an unreliable source.

I am also pretty sure, considering all that Molag Bal represents, and what vampires are.. that it would be absolutely obscene for vampires to go anywhere else. You're his. He claimed you. He made you. It is so.

Considering the OG vampire's are all called "Daughters of Coldharbor" I think it would be pretty obvious.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't add much to what was said above, but given vampirism and lycanthropy are daedric diseases, I'd imagine they affect the soul just like they do the body. We know lycanthropy does this, so it would make sense that vampirism would too

Its highly improbable Bal would have allowed Lamae to return to Arkay after her death as a vampire, which would have defeated the purpose.
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on October 2, 2018 4:31PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They go to Sithis...
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Most of the time coldharbour as molag Val, the creator of vamparism is the lord of domination and he doesn't ask for your permission due to his sphere
    Rhoande wrote: »
    With the new WW DLC it's confirmed again that Werewolf souls go to the Hunting Grounds regardless of what Abbot Crassius Viria said so I think it's safe to presume, she is a bit of an unreliable source.

I am also pretty sure, considering all that Molag Bal represents, and what vampires are.. that it would be absolutely obscene for vampires to go anywhere else. You're his. He claimed you. He made you. It is so.

Considering the OG vampire's are all called "Daughters of Coldharbor" I think it would be pretty obvious.
    I know this isn’t lore- but technically in a way couldn’t Molag do males as well and make them vampires? I mean, Molag’s genderless anyways, so I don’t see why the Prince wouldn’t.

Idk, I’ve just been looking at too many reddit posts about this.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Rhoande wrote: »

I know this isn’t lore- but technically in a way couldn’t Molag do males as well and make them vampires? I mean, Molag’s genderless anyways, so I don’t see why the Prince wouldn’t.

Idk, I’ve just been looking at too many reddit posts about this.

I'd imagine so. Molag Bal could change into a male or female figure, and would dominate either way
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do Vampire's go when they die?
    They don't go to Aetherius where the Aedra fly
    They go down to the realm of darkest night
    Won't see 'em again till the fourth of Sun's Height
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nearest wayshrine?

- sorry :p
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't give you enough awesomes!
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭

Meat Puppets!
    PS4 NA
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭