Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone @ZoS explain why we are routing through netherlands for the NA server?

DRTE
DRTE
✭✭✭✭
I don't understand why it hits the akamai servers then gets shunted off to the netherlands. I think someone at ZoS needs to get in touch with akamai and get this problem sorted asap. I don't know what department deals with this so if anyone reading this knows please tag them.1zeb0ic.jpg
Edited by DRTE on October 18, 2018 2:26AM
DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
Agneyastra. Mag DK
Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
Get some help. Stamplar
Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
Nightbot. Magblade
Unslaad Krosis. Magden
Dirty lich. Magcro
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scenic route
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short answer is that a network exchange exists in that location that is either a main hub for distribution or the easiest access point to cross networks. Unfortunately the choice of hub largely comes down to economics, but it may not be zos's choice but rather their isp or your isp deciding to use that hub.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd say consult with your isp
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is an isp issue it has something to do with akamai, as using a VPN would route traffic through that and return a better route but it is not and as soon as it hits akamai it directs it to the netherlands and then back to NA.
    2di2dth.jpg
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is an isp issue it has something to do with akamai, as using a VPN would route traffic through that and return a better route but it is not and as soon as it hits akamai it directs it to the netherlands and then back to NA.
    2di2dth.jpg

I see what you're saying. iirc, akamai is CDN which pays ISP's for hosting its servers, perhaps something is amiss along that network path. We had weird internet problems across the world last night too.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard