The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A way to export known furnishing patterns?

CooksWithoutARecipe
Is there an add on that would generate a list of known furnishing patterns that I could paste into a document or spreadsheet? I want to make an easy way for my guildies to know what I can make.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1617-FurnitureCatalogue.html
    I think ther eis a furniturecatalog_export function within the addon's folder. Not sure how to use it but I guess you can read it in the addon description or changelog if you search for "export".

Hope this helps
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1617-FurnitureCatalogue.html
    I think ther eis a furniturecatalog_export function within the addon's folder. Not sure how to use it but I guess you can read it in the addon description or changelog if you search for "export".

Hope this helps

I use this trick to export my furniture knowledge and it works OK, although it is by no means convenient. Here are some hints:

1. Start by setting up the main settings of FurnitureCatalog to either track your current character or all of them. Obviously you'll need to log into each character you want the furniture knowledge exported from. In my case I have all on a single crafter so I let it only track that character.
    2. Use "/furcexport" to generate an export file, this will export all data to the "FurnitureCatalogue_Export.lua" file in your SavedVariables folder.
    3. I noticed the file seems to be emptied whenever I close ESO, so alt+tab away from the game and make a copy of the file before you close the game.
    4. The final step is parsing the file, which due to the structure of the file (lua tables) isn't all that easy, personally I use R scripts to parse the data line by line however maybe someone has created a lua reader library for something more common like PHP that you could use.

In my own script I combine the exported data with parses of the data files from ESO Master Recipe List because FunritureCatalog only exports what you already know, and I also like to see what I still need to chase down. I'm also working on integrating MM data to provide crafting cost and expected profit but that's a work in progress atm. If your purpose is to just generate a list of what you can make you don't need all of that and FurnitureCatalog should be able to get you what you want.

Edit: pardon my thread necromancy, I thought I was doing a search of the posts from the last 2 weeks, looks like it went back a bit further :dizzy:
    Edited by Beamer_Miasma on October 17, 2018 3:28PM
  • CooksWithoutARecipe
    No apologies needed! What you're doing is a little above my pay grade, but good info nonetheless.