The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a specific combo of weapons for dual wield that is the best for PVP?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve seen dual swords, dual axes, axe and mace, axe and sword, basically every combo but are any better than the other? I know they each have different effects from the dual wield passive, but is bleed stronger than more overall damage, extra Crit, or penetration? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

I’m going to be going back to a heavy stamblade DW/2H after testing medium and it not working well for me. Probably going to run 5 Bone Pirate, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 troll king. 5 heavy 2 medium
Edited by Valykc on October 11, 2018 2:38PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    I’ve seen dual swords, dual axes, axe and mace, axe and sword, basically every combo but are any better than the other? I know they each have different effects from the dual wield passive, but is bleed stronger than more overall damage, extra Crit, or penetration? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

I’m going to be going back to a heavy stamblade DW/2H after testing medium and it not working well for me. Probably going to run 5 Bone Pirate, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 troll king. 5 heavy 2 medium

I think this really depends on playstyle,build and then personal choice.

Damage wise, testing against a non shielded target dual maces are more burst.
    Swords beat maces on shielded targets untill next patch.

A good balance is axe+mace. Beats axe sword and sword sword next patch. However is less burst than dual mace.

Daggers can be decent for low crit builds.

With all that said it generally equals out tbh. And next patch I don't think you will be able to beat using at least one mace. Of coarse you will ask 10 seperate people and get 11 different answers :P

Edit- To qualify= Until you over or equally penatrate, then swords do more burst.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 11, 2018 7:59PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My heavy Stam Sorc with swords is at 25% crit

So I went with daggers

My NB has two builds with DW/2h

One has axes rending slashes to stack bleeds/dots

The other is a max damage build with 2 swords to get a 26k/21k dot tooltip dawnbreaker

So it really depends

None of my Dw PvP builds use maces.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axe + sword

Or maybe next patch

Axe + dagger as dagger will increase your dmg and heals.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axe + sword

Or maybe next patch

Axe + dagger as dagger will increase your dmg and heals.

This
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axes are great in a 1v1 situation, but if you're in a group fighting other groups, the bleed doesn't hit many people. You're better off with double maces or any other combo.
    Edited by Aztlan on October 12, 2018 9:24PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    axe-dagger, nirn-infused. Though some people prefer double infused.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always go axe/mace. With 2H I usually go Maul, but I have one build that uses a Battle Axe.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Axes are great in a 1v1 situation, but if you're in a group fighting other groups, the bleed doesn't hit many people. You're better off with double maces or any other combo.

Steel Tornado will proc bleed on multiple targets.

I usually play dw as a buff bar with only rending slash as a dw skill, so i go with dual axes to get a better chance to proc the bleed in one HA+rending, but during my test all combinations where very close as long as you use at least one axe.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t you get a higher chance of bleeds if axes are on both hands?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get a higher chance to apply bleeds then.

Double infused will be cancer next patch, especially when skills can proc both enchants at the same time.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Double infused will be cancer next patch, especially when skills can proc both enchants at the same time.

I think this change flied under the radar because of all the other nerfs.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use 1 axe and 1 dagger.

I haven't tested how the new enchant procs work. But if you run dual wield infused on your back bar and hit a target with rending and then go to your front bar, the rending ticks will proc both enchants off cool down even if you're on a different bar?
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use 1 axe and 1 dagger.

I haven't tested how the new enchant procs work. But if you run dual wield infused on your back bar and hit a target with rending and then go to your front bar, the rending ticks will proc both enchants off cool down even if you're on a different bar?

Correct, Alcatel just released a video on it
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    The best combo is master dual wield. Axe+dagger cause crit is cool, especially with shield changes. Double infused for major DoT if enchant change goes through.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double swords on my dual wield/destro Magplar (1 infused [off-hand], 1 nirnhoned[main-hand]), since no other combo gives me any benefits that I'm aware of. It all depends on what you're trying to do.

I honestly have no real idea what I'm doing though and just kind of blindly muddled my way through that build, so my input may not be the most valuable.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero