Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you make Tempering Alloy easier to acquire?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Temps are the most expensive improving mat in the game (disregarding jewelry) and because of that when it comes to Master Writs, no one wants them, or at the least they want them at a hefty discount, "to offset the cost of the Temps". So then in the end the 1k per voucher is bogus, a writ for 90 vouchers is only worth 50k at most just cause its blacksmithing.

Up the chance from extraction, or give them a chance to drop from Jewelry nodes maybe.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no issues getting temps. I do writs daily and occasionally get them from the helper.

The chance of getting temps are the same as it is for gold upgrade matts in wood and cloth, across the board. Their use might be slightly higher since metal is used for armor and weapons, but again, I have no issue keeping a good stock of them just from normal daily stuff.

They should not have a chance to drop from jewelry since we want jewelry upgrade matts from there. Everything has the same chance from refining each crafting type matts.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem getting gold tempers either ... and no problem doing non-jewelry master writs.

And there are a lot of ways to obtain them:
    - Refining raw mats
    - Writ rewards
    - Hirelings
    - Buying in the guild stores
    - Trading with other players

If the OP doesn’t want to spend the requisite time to explore those avenues ... that’s a different topic altogether.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Refining raw mats
    - Writ rewards
    - Hirelings

If the OP doesn’t want to spend the requisite time to explore those avenues ... that’s a different topic altogether.

My problem isn't getting my own Temps, my problem is finally getting a valuable Master Writ, only for it to be Blacksmithing, so no one wants it cause they don't want to use up their own Temps, and if they decide the number of vouchers is worth it they still won't buy the Writ unless it's heavily discounted.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't sell master writs too low, minimum of the minimum price is 500g per voucher. You should set your own minimum, if people want it cheaper that's their problem. Just take some attention the the cost of some master writ crafting: you can't sell it too high if there's high cost associated to the crafting of the master writ - for example, jewelry master writs since jewelry mats are expensive atm. If players don't want to buy let them craft writs to be able to grab some master writs. Supply and demand, my friend. Supply and demand,
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC/NA, rubedite ingots are very cheap. So I have no complaints about the blacksmithing writ economy.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that it's not gold tempers that are a problem, but the purples. They get used up by both epic and legendary writs, but the drop proportions reflect more the usage for doing all legendary.

And then there's Oko runes, which flow out as fast as I can gather them.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I find that it's not gold tempers that are a problem, but the purples. They get used up by both epic and legendary writs, but the drop proportions reflect more the usage for doing all legendary.

And then there's Oko runes, which flow out as fast as I can gather them.

Run some vet dungeons. Purps are my most plentiful upgrade ingredient.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup the blacksmith purple and gold tempers are always what I'm lowest on

Considering I most make medium armor
    Its rediculous.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 5, 2018 3:21PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempers have already come down nearly 50% since Summerset because of people farming jewelry nodes (which are shared with blacksmithing) They're only like 300g more per temper over wax at this point on PC/NA
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have close to 300 tempering alloys in my craft bag right now, and I've never purchased a single one from another player or guild store. Doing max-tier blacksmithing writs on multiple characters has generally yielded about a 25-40% chance of a tempering alloy (anecdotal process there, but it honestly feels like I get them more often than not). Add to that the surveys and the tempering alloy you can get by refining the raw mats, and daily crafting writs is by far the most time efficient way to get them.

With regards to selling your legendary blacksmithing master writs, and the difficulty in finding a buyer, that's a whole different discussion. I place a value of about 8k on alloys in my craft bag. I don't sell them, but for the sake of deciding whether a master writ falls within the maximum of 1k/voucher rule, I use that value as a baseline. With that in mind, I have a hard time buying any master writs out there if the purchase cost + my alloy cost > 1k/voucher. I honestly don't put a value on the rubedite and/or the green, blue and purple tempers as I have a massive stockpile of those and don't see myself ever running out any time soon.

Your target audience for sales is probably a slim one who either: A.) Have tons of gold and don't care about the cost, or B.) Are connected with node bots who supply them directly with alloy or stacks of raw ore to refine.

I remember a time before Morrowind when tempering alloys were going for 25k each on XB-NA servers, so don't complain too much about the current market price.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon all trash purple armor and weapons. Blue green and white get sold.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I find that tempering alloys are easier to get then dreugh wax for example atleast crafting writ wise, rubedite ingots are much cheaper then ancestor silk and atleast 2/3 of the clother writs require ancestor silk and from my experience i get more blacksmiting surveys then clother surveys.

I do crafting writs on multiple characters and never run out of rubedite ingots but i always run short of ancestor silk.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempering Alloy is extremely easy to get, if you play certain aspects of the game, such as crafting and farming. If you only do pvp or trials all day long, you will obviously have a much harder time getting tempers, just as a crafter/farmer would find it very difficult to acquire AP or trial gear by avoiding that sort of content.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 5, 2018 10:12PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I almost have more alloy than purples at this point. With the prices declining as they are and my access to a craft bag I have no real incentive to sell them. I did sell a stack off 200 recently but oh, I'm in no rush to sell the rest. I got em all from writs and refining too
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    - Refining raw mats
    - Writ rewards
    - Hirelings

My problem isn't getting my own Temps, my problem is finally getting a valuable Master Writ, only for it to be Blacksmithing, so no one wants it cause they don't want to use up their own Temps, and if they decide the number of vouchers is worth it they still won't buy the Writ unless it's heavily discounted.

This is entirely different than your OP. What you call heavily discounted others call what this item is worth for them. If you can not move them then I say you are not pricing them as what the market will bear. I buy an sell Master Writs and have no problems moving or finding them within my acceptable price range. Free markets are never sent and evolve over time either plus or minus, one must adapt to the changes.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't complain master writs currently go for about 350 -380 per voucher on PC EU, any more and they don't sell. If op is on PC EU he's pricing them too high at 500g per voucher.

Reality is there is very little to buy of any use with writ vouchers
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem getting tempers, and I don't really have a problem with different writs being worth different amounts due to the cost of making them. Seems like an unavoidable thing, tbh.

Jewelry mats are the only thing that I think could really use a closer look, and that's mainly because of how inconsistent they are mechanically with the other gear crafts.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Don't complain master writs currently go for about 350 -380 per voucher on PC EU, any more and they don't sell. If op is on PC EU he's pricing them too high at 500g per voucher.

Since when was 500g too high? Vouchers were 1k per voucher.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vouchers, yes. Uncompleted master writs have to factor in the cost to complete, if they cost 500g a voucher to complete, and 500g a voucher to buy, there is no profit. Also, most things with vouchers are in the 850-900g range per voucher, less then 1k a piece
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Vouchers, yes. Uncompleted master writs have to factor in the cost to complete, if they cost 500g a voucher to complete, and 500g a voucher to buy, there is no profit. Also, most things with vouchers are in the 850-900g range per voucher, less then 1k a piece

The profit is you get vouchers out of it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This

A great example is I purchased the storage chests with master vouchers. Some purchased them with crowns. I got mine without spending real world money on them.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when people stopped paying that much for them. If you do not analyze the moving market sales data for your platform, then you will get caught with listed items not moving.

Items are only worth what buyers are willing to pay.
    Edited by Grimm13 on October 17, 2018 10:42AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait until Murkmire drops next week, then all Mats will be around 50 % more expensive, at least on PC/NA, that said, Middle of November starts the next Double Nodes event, CWC
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Alloy i haven't farmed for in 1-2 years, and still got over 1k alloy from just doing writs on 12 chars and doing surveys.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would I spend more to buy a master writ, complete the master writ, than if I could just buy the stuff with in-game gold for cheaper?

(I understand the storage boxes, because those aren't transferable, but anything else, that's just poor finances)
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    do daily crafting writs on multiple characters and the problem will sort itself
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.