The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Researching still bugged

Miroi
Miroi
Soul Shriven
According to the patch notes (bottom, search for crafting) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4440672/#Comment_4440672
the problem with not being able to research was fixed. However, my clothier still has the problem. I have 1/3 researches in progress, and when I try to resarch a new one, I get the message "No research slots available".

Anyone else still experiencing this problem?
  • Drakhaon
    Drakhaon
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. If we wait again 1 week for a new patch, can we have Something to give us a 7 day reduc time for our next research ?
  • Miroi
    Miroi
    Soul Shriven
    Drakhaon wrote: »
    I have the same problem. If we wait again 1 week for a new patch, can we have Something to give us a 7 day reduc time for our next research ?

And for the past 3 days I've had this problem. So frustrating.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found on the one that I was trying to research on (woodworking table said 2/3 of in use, CraftStore said 2/3 of in use) that it seems she's actually researching something (3/3 in use according to Trait Buddy addon) -- so perhaps you actually are researching something but have forgotten what as it started so long ago and can't see what in the normal ways.

EDIT: Or maybe, when that 3rd research supposedly ended, the table interface knew it, the CraftStore addon knew it, and Trait Buddy will just let it go on forever as it shares the error with the server... hmm, ok, honestly I'm not sure... but there's a hint in there somewhere.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 21, 2017 5:15PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Drakhaon
    Drakhaon
    ✭✭✭
    It's maybe because I reload eso + during one of these search, and I havent the 10% bonus timer before.
  • Miroi
    Miroi
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone tried respec'ing to see if it fixes it? It shouldn't be necessary, it's still a bug, but if it worked I'd be willing to do it one time. But if it doesn't work, I really don't want to waste the money to pay for the respec.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miroi wrote: »
    Has anyone tried respec'ing to see if it fixes it? It shouldn't be necessary, it's still a bug, but if it worked I'd be willing to do it one time. But if it doesn't work, I really don't want to waste the money to pay for the respec.

I'll try that in a little bit here. The one it's broken on for me is only level 22 and only does top tier writs nothing else (bank character) so should be cheaply done.

EDIT with Results: Respeccing removed the previously completed or hidden Lightning Staff research that Trait Buddy claimed was going on and now all addons and the wood table agree I have 2/3 items researching, however it does not allow me to place the Nirnhoned Lightning Staff listing as "Researchable" to actually start research and still only shows a "Cancel Research" button with no ability to press "R" to Research an item, so I'm still stuck with 2/3 research active (or with training trait still researching but in a totally hidden way from everything now). So just a waste of gold.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 21, 2017 7:53PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please ensure the team knows that research is not truly fixed!

WoodworkingResearchFail.jpg

Still cannot start my 3rd research item... Ticket #170820-000646 over the weekend.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 21, 2017 7:55PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Miroi
    P.S. Maybe this should be under "Bugs" instead of "Crafting"? Would it get more attention there?
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 21, 2017 7:56PM
  • Miroi
    Miroi
    Soul Shriven
    I initially posted here to see if anyone else was experiencing it still. Now that I know others are, you're right there should probably be a thread in bugs. I also submitted a ticket this morning after the patch, when I was still experiencing the issue.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem. A person in zone chat said that the addon "Auto Research" would solve the problem. Downloaded and applied it. Voila! Problem solved. I need to pay attention to zone chat more.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In another thread, Gina said "Apologies everyone, I didn't read closely enough when looking at the research bug that was being fixed in yesterday's patch, and it clearly wasn't the one you all are still experiencing. We're still working on fixing this particular issue and will roll it out as soon as we can."
  • ThePurplePanther
    ThePurplePanther
    Soul Shriven
    I bought two staffs for research, but they can't be researched? "0 items available", and yes i took them from the mail and yes i have a free spot.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two staffs for research, but they can't be researched? "0 items available", and yes i took them from the mail and yes i have a free spot.

Did you "lock" them in your inventory to prevent them from accidentally being destroyed?
    - You have to unlock them before you can research them.

Are they actually on that character, or still sitting in the mail inbox?
    -Have to be in that character's inventory or unlocked in the bank to be able to research it.

Do you already know the trait for that item?
    -Each staff type is different. If you bought an infused inferno staff and already know the infused trait, you can't just use it to research infused for ice/lightning/restoration staves, even though they are all staves, they're different in the eyes of research.

Are you highlighting the correct item in the research UI?
    -It starts you, by default, on either bows or shields. You have to tab over to get to the staves. Make sure you're on the right item.

Go through that checklist and see if one of those items might be the reason.

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Carl_Bar
    Carl_Bar
    Feric51 wrote: »

Did you "lock" them in your inventory to prevent them from accidentally being destroyed?
    - You have to unlock them before you can research them.

Are they actually on that character, or still sitting in the mail inbox?
    -Have to be in that character's inventory or unlocked in the bank to be able to research it.

Do you already know the trait for that item?
    -Each staff type is different. If you bought an infused inferno staff and already know the infused trait, you can't just use it to research infused for ice/lightning/restoration staves, even though they are all staves, they're different in the eyes of research.

Are you highlighting the correct item in the research UI?
    -It starts you, by default, on either bows or shields. You have to tab over to get to the staves. Make sure you're on the right item.

Go through that checklist and see if one of those items might be the reason.

I've seen this behaviour too. I'm not sure what caused it and it's only happened once. So uh yeah.