The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What If Elswyer

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
If we ever go to Elsweyr would we might fight against a monster lion or a monster Khajiit in the zone, or faced off the Monsters in an DLC Dungeon Pack perhaps but no one really knows the answer right.

But would you guys go against a Hulkin Monster Lion like Khajiit & Monster Lion or both in a.....................

What If Elswyer 76 votes

Dungeon
7%
KanarApheriuskadochkaShawn_PTflamesingStrychnos 6 votes
Trial
14%
RuinhornRecremenTostieeInhuman003AlienatedGoatGotrim123HighKinladyJobooAGSPajorezio45Rake 11 votes
Public Dungeon
9%
Dracan_FontomSpiderKnightgeneralmyrickKajuratusStormChaser3000StarlockGreysson 7 votes
Mini Trial
6%
SheezabeastWolfkeksGeneral_ZeranthLarry78AntiisocialLev 5 votes
Zone of Elsweyr as an World Boss
39%
AlienSlofBrittany_Joyxenowarrior92eb17_ESOamithdarkstar2084TheShadowScoutAetherderiusBomblePantsFischblutsusmitdsRatzkifalIlCanis_LupuslIYamiKurukuXoelarasizererRunscheieso_nyaKitty_QuietlyDirkRavenclawPrayingSeraphEvilAutoTech 30 votes
Other
22%
SirAndymoonsugar66BerishStarrSoupDragonDanteYodaHvzedaAesthierAltaireCadburyFLuFFyxMuFFiNElectrone_MagnusnotyuuAndroconiumTensartheriftoxygen_thiefUrvoth 17 votes
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon
    Isn't that maw? But it'd be cool to see more khajit.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd rather go elsewhere ...
    shades.gif
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trial
    Trial for all who try to avoid skooma
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " If we ever go to Elsweyr".. at this point it is obvious Elsweyr is the next chapter.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    Need moar trials.
    PC-NA Goat
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said as a WB in a Zone as i hope, as ZOS has stated that the next Chapter is something completly new and we had Summerset for example in the very first ever TES ever, i hope the Elswyer will be the next Chapter
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    " If we ever go to Elsweyr".. at this point it is obvious Elsweyr is the next chapter.

The problem with making Elsweyr is that they would have to create all of the different types of Khajiit. In Murkmire, they can get way with only adding 1 new type of Argonian. Since they are region based, ZoS can just say that no others live in the Murkmire region. Since Khajiit appearances are based on the cycles of the moons, they will be all intermixed.

Even if ZoS did go through all of the trouble to make every form of Khajiit, they would get players angry at them because they want their character to be a Senche-raht or something. Not to mention raising the question of why we don't see these other forms of Khajiit anywhere else.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Public Dungeon
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    The problem with making Elsweyr is that they would have to create all of the different types of Khajiit. In Murkmire, they can get way with only adding 1 new type of Argonian. Since they are region based, ZoS can just say that no others live in the Murkmire region. Since Khajiit appearances are based on the cycles of the moons, they will be all intermixed.

Even if ZoS did go through all of the trouble to make every form of Khajiit, they would get players angry at them because they want their character to be a Senche-raht or something. Not to mention raising the question of why we don't see these other forms of Khajiit anywhere else.

Thats why I hope that Elsweyr is released as multiple different DLC zones, rather than a whole Chapter dedicated to it. I have a nasty feeling that if an Elsweyr chapter was announced, the different furstocks would all be retconned as bipeds, just different heights and slightly different markings on their faces. Oh wait, sorry, "unreliable narratored away", since nothing in TES lore is set in stone, so they can make lore more boring if its too difficult or not mainstream enough for them to realise in game.

But on the optimistic side, you could introduce the Alfiq (Raht) and the Pahmar (Raht) in the Anequina zone, the Dagi (Raht) and the Tojay (Raht) in the Tenmar Forest zone, and the Senche/Senche-Raht in Quin-rawl/Pelletine. The Alfiq and Pahmar models are already in game as cats and senche tigers, so there wouldn't be much work to do there. Not much information is known about the Dagi and Tojay apart from the fact that the Dagi are very magically inclined, and live in the trees of the Tenmar forest. We know the most about Senche and Senche-Raht though, so they would have to fully bring to life a new skeleton model for the Senche, since their front legs are 1.5 times longer than their back legs. Senche-Raht would pretty much just be a senche tiger increased in size.

As to the other different furstocks, I feel they should include them into DLC zones that aren't set in Elsweyr. Have a DLC in Skyrim, where theres a Cathay-Raht as the head of the local Fighters Guild. Or how about a small village of Ohmes Khajiit living in Hammerfell? That way, they could "avoid" the question of why theres barely any Khajiit breeds outside of the normal breed that we see in game.
    Edited by Kajuratus on October 16, 2018 8:26PM
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

Actually, you have seen some others. Lots of people are riding around on some. Plenty of Alfiq hanging around too that you probably just didn't pay any attention to. Which is exactly what those Alfiq want you to do. >:)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people have used the Baandari crate card as an indication that Elswyer is the next Chapter. However, the Chapter card has been Q2 (Dwarven, Psijic), and Baandari seems to be Q1 (Xanmeer being Q4 this year). Which puts it more in line with Scalecaller and possibly an indication of a Khajiit small zone or dungeon pack for Q1 2019.

So, no, not obvious.

signing off
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I always thought Elswyer was where you go during the loading screen since your not really anywhere or even somewhere. It also has one of the toughest and hardest world bosses as I never know when I will be released from the fight or if I will succumb to defeat and be disconnected.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love world bosses, it increases the influence to explore the world and people are more inclined to join your group simply because they don't have the pressure of smaller elite dungeons.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    The reason why I chose trials just imagine a Ferocious Beast just like a werewolf with no restraints more of the beasts unattainable by the way of nature, of Elsweyr jungles and deserts there habitat that makes them way more dangerous.
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Not here
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    The last place I want to visit is the desert homeland of the Khajiit, which we all know will be one giant kitty litter box. That nobody ever changes. So we all die of ammonia inhalation.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    Here are some examples of what I would like to see of both Hulkin Monster Lion like Khajiit & Monster Lion. Maybe this will give more details of the monsters for any scenario setting.
    b65f70ccbf8ac5384e6238daa45b6476.jpg
    080029e0de5cb44af6d1aa692532df3b--nemean-lion-disney-hercules.jpg
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    M'aiq the Liar as a trial boss would be awesome.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    therift wrote: »
    The last place I want to visit is the desert homeland of the Khajiit, which we all know will be one giant kitty litter box. That nobody ever changes. So we all die of ammonia inhalation.

lol good one (one giant kitty litter box) all the khajiit fans are going to have you a hard time mate. :D
    Edited by Inhuman003 on October 17, 2018 11:06AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Akavir.

^
    They have different cat people there as well.
    Edited by DanteYoda on October 17, 2018 12:15PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Some people have used the Baandari crate card as an indication that Elswyer is the next Chapter. However, the Chapter card has been Q2 (Dwarven, Psijic), and Baandari seems to be Q1 (Xanmeer being Q4 this year). Which puts it more in line with Scalecaller and possibly an indication of a Khajiit small zone or dungeon pack for Q1 2019.

So, no, not obvious.

Oh yes, you are right. I am disappointed now ;(. I doubt they will give us black marsh after murkmire...Hammerfell then... boring!!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on October 18, 2018 10:32AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Voting Zone because I'd prefer Elsweyr as a chapter as opposed to only a dungeon pack anytime soon.

Which means an interesting trial boss or public dungeon boss would be fine, too.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trial
    This not me thinking, how are we going to change Elsweyr's name to have the word nerf in it?

nerfweyr?

elsnerf?

just dont sound right :(
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    ezio45 wrote: »
    This not me thinking, how are we going to change Elsweyr's name to have the word nerf in it?

nerfweyr?

elsnerf?

just dont sound right :(

Don't threaten me with that Nerfweyr I'm really a Black Marsh Argonian Mage & Skyrim Nord Warrior. ;)
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Unlikely, since that would mean 2 AD chapters in a row.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I could care less where they go next as long as it isn't as cringey as the summerset storyline.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial
    Here's more variety of Cat Monsters that might be a good example of different types of Khajiit's, but might throw off some Lore to the Khajiit's or the Homeland.
    c8fa4c988eb5f985324045f4084a5c7d.jpg
    latest?cb=20150804123836
    9357c8a2683bb1f96044fc8baf340504--mythological-creatures-mythical-creatures.jpg
    homeless_kitty_by_yigitkoroglu-d6zgun0.jpg
    lion_by_yuchenghong-d65ri9c.jpg