The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Grinding Question

17Bishop
17Bishop
So with the Witch's Festival coming up soon, I've decided to grind out CP levels. I planned to do SR runs, but people are saying the XP is trash now. Anyone know of any theory crafters that have done the XP calculations comparing Dolmens to SR? I'm trying to maximize my CP gain.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many grind spots, find an empty one. Have not heard of any Skyreach nerfs, but I also never really ran that place, being at CP1175, there is no need. Dolmens can be good, but you have to tag as many mobs as you can, not just be there for the bosses. 2/3 the exp comes from the dolmen mobs.

I never parsed the ultimate end all be all of exp grinds. They are roughly the same in exp per hour. Sure you can find something that seems marginally better, but guess what, there will be a crowd there too. So, best advice, find some spot or series of activities that you can do over and over without going mental. That will be your best grind. The hardest grinds are the ones that are no fun.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are many grind spots, find an empty one. Have not heard of any Skyreach nerfs, but I also never really ran that place, being at CP1175, there is no need. Dolmens can be good, but you have to tag as many mobs as you can, not just be there for the bosses. 2/3 the exp comes from the dolmen mobs.

I never parsed the ultimate end all be all of exp grinds. They are roughly the same in exp per hour. Sure you can find something that seems marginally better, but guess what, there will be a crowd there too. So, best advice, find some spot or series of activities that you can do over and over without going mental. That will be your best grind. The hardest grinds are the ones that are no fun.

I'm uncertain if nMA and vMA have the same xp per kill (don't know why they wouldn't) but that is a decent place to grind some XP. Obviously, you need to be somewhat decent to get kills at a good rate. I like to pop an XP scroll before I go in vMA, and I usually end up with a CP+ by the time I'm done.

Like another poster said, Dolmens are a decent grind but you have to make sure you get a least one hit on every mob if possible, or group up with just 1 other person (don't do those big dolmen groups, they're worthless xp) and do them. You'll also get some gold from it and the chance at a purple jewelry piece.

Skyreach is probably still king, though. In about 5 minutes, you can get a good chunk of XP.

No matter what you decide to do, put on training gear if you really want to bump up the XP gains.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on October 16, 2018 7:32PM