The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Provisioning Question.

Wizhunter
Wizhunter
✭✭
Hi
My main is already levelled up on all the crafts except Provisioning which I decided to level since getting ESO+, I thought I would do the dailies on cooking than just level it up my own way. Anyway my first daily was to make some wine or something, do I have to buy the recipe to complete the daily or is there another way. Like I said I am not used to doing the crafting dailies.
Any advice appreciated

Wiz
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    You can find all the recipes for the dailies for sale from chef or brewer npcs
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the recipes you need for the crafting quests from cooks or brewers at most taverns traveller.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, what a *** I am for not thinking of that :(

Wiz
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They even make it easy for you, because the chef/brewer only sells those recipes that are needed for writs. They'll be selling several levels, so you may need to pick the right one.

And the tooltip should tell you if you already know the recipe. Since you get recipes back from the writ rewards, they may be the same ones, and you'll want to pass those to another alt, instead of them buying again.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    they only sell the recipes for the tier you're on and the one immediately below it, last I checked. But any brewer or chef will have them.

@Alassirana
    Sneakybo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I maybe mistaken, but aren't the basic recipe way cheaper in the guild stores than in chef's and brewer's shops?
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    it varies. usually the guild store ones are slightly higher. It depends on the level. Honestly, keeping a crafter at a lower level provisioning ability is a good idea in some cases, because the writs still give you the same gold (but no master writ chance), but do offer you lower level recipes which are more expensive (since you can only get those recipes when your provisioner is either lower level in the skill or at character level). The highest level ones are so cheap it's better to give them away/vendor them, but the low level ones can be quite expensive otherwise.

@Alassirana
    Sneakybo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    Hi
    My main is already levelled up on all the crafts except Provisioning which I decided to level since getting ESO+, I thought I would do the dailies on cooking than just level it up my own way. Anyway my first daily was to make some wine or something, do I have to buy the recipe to complete the daily or is there another way. Like I said I am not used to doing the crafting dailies.
    Any advice appreciated

Wiz

go to the vile manse dungeon in reapers march, or is it malabol tor ? --- there's a ton of food items there, collect them, cook everything you can at the fire in the kitchen, go down into the dungeon and come back up the ladder to reset the house. you can level up to 50 in about two hours.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    Hi
    Any advice appreciated

Wiz

One thing that everyone missed in your OP question is this bolded portion. Provisioning daily writs are the single exception in that another player can craft the requested item(s) (food/drink in provisioning's case) for you and you can still turn it in for credit. I do provisioning writs on all my alts, but very few of them have the passives maxed out to create 4 items at a time, so I just craft a stack of each required food/drink on my main and give it to them. My alts can then use this for their daily writs as needed and it saves a bunch of materials and, more importantly, time.

That said, it is obviously more convenient for you to know each writ recipe on at least one of your own characters so you don't have to ask around for someone else to craft for you, but once you've got them learned on one character, you won't have to find/buy them on every alt for them to do the writs. May save you some time and gold with that bit of knowledge.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs are a slow way to level provisioning. Fastest way is to make the highest level Green recipes you can. Blue and Purples give the same Inspiration so save those for your character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"