The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Queue Cooldown needs changing

EliteWarrior
EliteWarrior
✭✭✭
Last night I solo queued a BG to get my daily reward, I quite often play BGs, so I am used to this. I spawn into a team of 4, there is one other team of 4, and a team of 0. We've all been there, sat in the game waiting to start, and eventually had to leave because it's glitched. I'm not annoyed at this, ESO is an absolutely massive game and there are bound to be bugs here and there. But when I leave the BG even before the game has a countdown to start, I shouldn't get a 20 minute cool down until I can play again.

I remember one time, I had to quit because of the glitch, got a 20 min cool down, and when it was over I queued into the exact same game, same mode, map and team, with some people still being there, for 20 minutes! I had to leave for a second time, getting another 20 minute cool down.

The deserter effect has to be changed, ideally to only be given out after the game has started, or maybe just a 5 minute penalty for leaving before it's started, and 20 minute in-game.

Because getting a 20 minute penalty for a glitch that is no one's fault is pretty ridiculous.
PC | EU
Main: Stam DK
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    No penalty for leaving the BG before it starts. That's the gist for me too.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Agreed, you shouldn't get a penalty for leaving a match before it starts. You should also not get a penalty for crashing out of the game as well, which happens frequently for me.
    PC-NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has provided reason for Zos to tweak how BGs work to correct or end a BG that forms as OP presented.

However, that is not a reason to change the lockout penalty for quitting a BG. The issue OP experienced in the BG needs to be fixed.

Edit: And no offense, but it seems to make sense to ask Zos to fix the actual issue with BGs not forming correctly.
    Edited by idk on October 13, 2018 11:13PM
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    OP has provided reason for Zos to tweak how BGs work to correct or end a BG that forms as OP presented.

However, that is not a reason to change the lockout penalty for quitting a BG. The issue OP experienced in the BG needs to be fixed.

Edit: And no offense, but it seems to make sense to ask Zos to fix the actual issue with BGs not forming correctly.

Yeah I hope to see this fixed soon, super annoying!
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK