The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Enchant survey: at least add Mundane Rune

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
While other surveys are worth the effort because the materials are needed for daily writs and making potions, enchant surveys are just trash. Yeah sometime you get Kuta but I already have more Kuta than I need. The daily writ only require 1 cheap rune each type and the glyphs drop from mobs can easily cover that. Enchant survey should drop Prismatic Rune (rare like Kuta) or at least Mundane Rune for furniture crafting.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the opposite. The Oko runes in particular get used up quickly. They are both an ingredient of the glyph, and a direct acquisition part of two out of three writs at every level. The "random aspect rune" isn't: it rotates with the other half of the writ, so you'll always need an Oko, if the glyph is the Magicka one. Then the Stamina one requires Ta, and the Health one needs a Potency rune (which is levelled). Since Ta drops a lot more often, the fact that it's used in every writ never becomes a limiting factor.

And since armour glyphs are all Magicka/Health/Stamina, you need them for enchanting your own gear. Admittedly you only do that once, while potions have to be made repeatedly.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing mats should drop from all nodes.

I'd also like to see one enchanting node replaced with a psijic portal.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchant writs are just bag fillers. Most runes are worth very little and over the years I've amassed thousands of runes. When I get a writ now I just destroy it
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    mundane runes do, in fact, drop from enchanting surveys. I have seen it happen. It might not be a big chance, but it does. the reason that psijic portals do not, is because not everyone has access to the portals, and trying to code in the difference could cause problems, since there's an intended number of nodes to use.

@Alassirana
    SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mundane runes do, in fact, drop from enchanting surveys.

Absolutely false. No furniture mats drop from ANY surveys. You most likely stumbled across a normal enchanting node near the survey ones and got a mundane one from there. It happens. But what does not happen is getting furniture mats from any of the surveys.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While other surveys are worth the effort because the materials are needed for daily writs and making potions, enchant surveys are just trash. Yeah sometime you get Kuta but I already have more Kuta than I need.

Just because someone hoards kutas does not mean they are trash, which is essentially what OP is suggesting.

Beyond that Zos tends to be consistent with these things and being we do not get furniture crafting matts with the other surveys I do not see them making an exception here because someone does not need kutas.

I think it would be a better approach, one more likely to get attention. to ask Zos to review furniture crafting material drop rate in general. However, being this is happening during an obvious time of increased demand it would be best for Zos to look at the demand before the new house was launched. That would give Zos more valuable information so the material market is not ruined by overreaching and overreacting.