Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

>Bots Over running Nodes In Stros MKai

KennisMenace
KennisMenace
✭✭
Almost every Rubedite node in Stros Mkai is being farmed by bots and ruining the farming there, they have been there for a while and only getting worse, could you please get rid of them, they are ruining the gaming experience, farming is an integral part of this game and if Bots are taking over all the good farming spots, whats the us of playing any longer, its bad enough we have so many bugs that are not fixed, now we have Bots ruining the game.
  • Bigtoke
    Bigtoke
    Soul Shriven
    I second this notion whole heartily. Last night I got off work and decided to get in a hour or two of farming around Shada's Tear wayshrine in Craglorn.Unfortunately I was literally unable to get anything other than alchemy mats because there was FIVE level 10s with a jumble of letters for their character names and gamer tags all with under 10 gamerscore running spaced around the area picking up every all mining and clothing nodes as they appeared.

I would like to add though that these are likely real people being payed to gather these mats as their movements are not like any bot I've seen in game yet. Regardless something needs to be done about them. Farming for mats is my past time in this game but alas these individuals make it hard to enjoy it anymore.
  • KennisMenace
    KennisMenace
    ✭✭
    Bots are everywhere, looked around last night, they are in every starter zone, plus in other locations as well!
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen bots in Daggerfall farming the bears and Sentinel in Alik'r farming down near the boatswain. Very annoying and I wish ZOS would take care of them. I've also seen them in Craglorn doing a circle run picking up nodes around that area. It is annoying!
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I call them 'squatters'

They squat or stand over a node, and they AUTO HIT the ore EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME! But yet, they are not jumping around. How is THAT possible without hitting the "A" button repeatedly on while playing on an Xbox One?

Just HOW is that possible ZOS? Here is a great clue that there MUST be some sort of cheat controller being used: If you use the "Questionable Meat Sack" memento to put the meat in front of a squatter they auto pick it up and then barf EVERY LAST SINGLE TIME. No exceptions, full stop.

THAT is how you know. They are not jumping around, catch the ore as soon as it spawns and you can't beat them to it, and 100% of the time they will eat the questionable meat. Why? It's obvious: they are using some kind of cheat controller.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    They are still there all the damn time.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the irritation with bots, but effectively, how is it any different if you're collecting the node than if someone else (bot or otherwise) is collecting the node?

In either case, the node is gone and you missed it?

There are plenty of spots to farm. If you preferred is bot infested, simply pick another.

EDIT: I don't think you're upset because they're getting the mat. I think you're upset because you're not.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on October 4, 2018 5:28PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These bots are awful, ruining the immersion of the game and the fun. I ran across one in Grahtwood while doing some fishing, it took me an hour (mind you away from my fishing achievement), to get each nick of the bot and report it to ZOS. Got back on this morning, and the bots are still there farming tigers. It's bad enough resource nodes are sparse, but to have bots removing the already limited amount is just aggravating.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    I get the irritation with bots, but effectively, how is it any different if you're collecting the node than if someone else (bot or otherwise) is collecting the node?

There are plenty of spots to farm. If you preferred is bot infested, simply pick another.

EDIT: I don't think you're upset because they're getting the mat. I think you're upset because you're not.

When we forget history we are doomed to repeat it. FINE, I liked Stros M'Kai, I'll go to vvardenfell, I'll find a good lane, others will find that same lane. It'll become popular.. ZOS makes Vvardenfell free for everyone in some patch. BOOM, bots come in, it's free and no overhead..........GUESS I'll just find another spot.....REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    truth. I farm coldharbour cause well, you know.......
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They also sell those mats for cheaper prices, since its more efficient for them to farm (long term) than a player can. Its had devastating impact on some mat prices in the past (clean pelts and fleshfly larva when they first came out) and still has an impact on some mats now. That makes it harder for players who do farm to make money from mats - not a huge problem for me with my stockpiled gold, but a much bigger problem for new players who try to accumulate gold through farming mats.

So while I have no problem with competing with a fellow player for nodes/market value, I do actually have a problem competing with an AI not who isnt actually playing the game.

Also, its against the TOS to bot, so it actually doesnt matter why I dont like it. It's against the rules and ZOS ought to do a better job of enforcing the rules.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They also sell those mats for cheaper prices, since its more efficient for them to farm (long term) than a player can. Its had devastating impact on some mat prices in the past (clean pelts and fleshfly larva when they first came out) and still has an impact on some mats now. That makes it harder for players who do farm to make money from mats - not a huge problem for me with my stockpiled gold, but a much bigger problem for new players who try to accumulate gold through farming mats.

So while I have no problem with competing with a fellow player for nodes/market value, I do actually have a problem competing with an AI not who isnt actually playing the game.

Also, its against the TOS to bot, so it actually doesnt matter why I dont like it. It's against the rules and ZOS ought to do a better job of enforcing the rules.
    At one point, I'd agree, but almost five years in, I'd say the market has settled considerably and any single seller (bot or otherwise) has yet to tank the market like often predicted.

Bots are not nearly an issue to the level they once were.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every Rubedite node in Stros Mkai is being farmed by bots and ruining the farming there, they have been there for a while and only getting worse, could you please get rid of them, they are ruining the gaming experience, farming is an integral part of this game and if Bots are taking over all the good farming spots, whats the us of playing any longer, its bad enough we have so many bugs that are not fixed, now we have Bots ruining the game.

I swung by PC NA Stros M'Kai today and reported a couple that were farming.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell the difference between a person running around getting nodes to groups staying still (all Sorcs) pulling bears (Daggerfall); mudcrabs (Alik'r) or other places like Craglorn.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Just reported in kenarthis roost. They're everywhere, hidden behind rocks farming nodes.