The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most Desired Housing Improvements List

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Increased player caps in ALL houses
2. Increased item slot caps in ALL houses
3. Setting to allow Decorators ONLY to turn lights off and on
4. Day/Night toggle
5. Building components (walls, doorways, floors, stairs) in ALL racial styles
6. Place-able Bard
7. Version of mounts WITHOUT tack/riding gear on
8. Lighting to have variable settings from bright (much brighter than current setting) to dim (much dimmer than current settings)
9. Weather setting.
10. Music setting (ability to choose any of the music in the game to play in your house)

These are my top 10. What's yours?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    increased item slots

weather

music

NPC's

potential pathing system for NPC's/mounts/pets (imagine dog running to greet you, soldiers keeping lookout)

Idle settings for NPC's/mounts/pets (incorporate mementos)

import stolen knick-knacks as placeable items

improvement of snapping/placement of objects

more settings for light sources - dimming/shining through other objects or not/potential colour temperature range

terrain alterations
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1)Increased item slot caps in ALL houses(except inn rooms). Im ok with paid slot increases per home.
    2) Stop making limited time crown exclusive housing. I dont mind crown exclusive on some housing, but ditch that limited time nonsense. You are not Mc Donalds and housing isnt a Mc Rib.
    3) Furniture storage( like craft bag but not unlimited space could be bought storage slots like inventory/bank)
    4) Better lighting. #8 on OPs list is good.
    5) Building Components, even simple ones ( i dont need to be able to build a castle in my courtyard but some simple custom buildings would be nice.)
    6) More areas of some of the homes more accessible. Many of the larger homes have towers and such that are just their for visuals. If i have house with a castle wall and several towers i want to be able to use those towers not just look at them. I want to be able to walk on that wall.

That it for me.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 24, 2018 3:43PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to see Notable Homes in EVERY racial style and NOT just limited time things! I want them permanently on the store like the current original notable homes there.

And since every darn home is literally nothing but a copy of an existing building in the game (Yes, even Dawnlight Palace adn Linchal!) I'd like to see MORE of them and in the medium size and price range!!!!

• Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    10. Music playing from a Speaking Stone would be neat and lore friendly
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also thought a Dwemer "music box" would be really neat!

• Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭
    1) Wayshrine + Crafting Writs NPC (Quest+Delivery)
    2) Wayshrine + Crafting Writs NPC (Quest+Delivery)
    3) Wayshrine + Crafting Writs NPC (Quest+Delivery)
    100) Wayshrine + Crafting Writs NPC (Quest+Delivery)

No I am serious. Only way to make houses useful for crafting dailies or crafting in general atm is through fast travel options and loading screens which is far from optimal. Most houses in remote locations are currently (at least from a practical point of view) completely useless because they lack fast transit routes.
    ZOS take my money for crafting stations + Writ NPC + wayshrine asa its implemented!!!
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlock the build mode camera from the player model.

let me move around freely and at a good speed rather then steps.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Unlock the build mode camera from the player model.

let me move around freely and at a good speed rather then steps.

YES!
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it isnt already, storage chests should be a different cap.

if you have all storage chests, does it stop you from putting out a mount or something like that.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Increased item slots.
    2) Increased visitor/player caps.
    3) The ability to have our alts function as placeable NPCs in housing (similar to current banker/merchant/fence, but without the functionality, or even better, have the ability to place them in a selected emote such as "sit3" or "eat2", etc).
    4) Have mounts and non-combat pets not look so stupid and stiff when placed in housing. Would LOVE it if pets could wander a little.
    5) Placeable bodies of water, like small ponds.
    6) Increase trophy item limits in all houses. (Seriously, we've got more dungeons now - but these have stayed the same?)

I could go on...
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭

Yes! Maybe the speaking stone could have a name: "Gina, play Red Diamond for me"

I like droll stuff like that.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House wayshrines, respec altars, ability to access guild store and bank from Tythis, real fence that takes bounty payments.

Also water tiles and placable spouts of water so we can create our own fountains, sinks, bathtubs, etc.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Weather
    -more npcs: worker, guards, Vamps, ww’s, farm and ranch stock
    -Wooden, gated doors. Also archways we can add when making gardens
    -Fences and stone walls
    -Water tiles we can add water will
    -Raise item caps and remove separate item slots and allow all slots to be used the way we want.

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Itemslots.
    Little Leaf Banker/Bard NPC. Tells woodelf jokes when following u around in the outside world. (+ guildbank access)
    Barg(?) the Bargainhunter (Xilavi from coldharbour) Merchant/Repairguy. Makes snarky comments when following u.
    Lot more itemslots.
    Daily Crafting wirt boards and dropoff area.
    Did i mention itemslots yet (Maybe let me use the unused slots from different houses?)
    Wayshrine to port out. (to save two loadingscreens compared to qt to maras public house and going to for wayshrine for actual destination.)
    Horse trainer.
    Daily board (any quest any zone).
    Display alts. (would be to good to be true: have them work on crafting nodes and stuff while u r on a different alt, avg like an additional hireling mail)
    Stolen "trash" items as displayobjects. Esp the purps would be very nice.

Edit, forgot one:
    Ability to use any of the container furnishings as storage boxes. Just the style that is. So the fortified oaken chest, actually does look like a fortified oaken chest or a barrel.
    Edited by eso_nya on March 27, 2018 4:32PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of great ideas, and I agree with almost all of them.

The one I take issue with is not increasing the item cap in inn rooms. This is perfectly fine for Mara's Kiss, but Saint Delyn's is easily the size of the Barbed Hook apartment or even Sisters of the Sand, and yet I can place only 30 furnishings with ESO+.

Also, I would not be ok with buying more housing slots - well, if it were available with in-game gold, then ok, but absolutely not solely with Crowns.

Some other wishes:
    -I'm on console, so the ability to port to any players' house - not just their primary - would be welcome
    -Guild banker and Guild trader NPCs
    -Already mentioned, but I'll add it again for emphasis - writ pick-up/turn-in. This can be a courier NPC or just a writ board/drop-off container. We can have crafting stations in our homes, but unless they're attunable, they aren't much use outside of the consumable ones . What's the point of having the regular gear crafting stations in your home? Certainly not to craft gear for yourself - you're most likely going to want to craft set gear. You can do research, sure, but it would be great to be able to do writs. They can make it an achievement purchase from Rolis for completing x amount of regular writs AND MWs. Basically, you've kept Rolis in business, you're one of his premier crafters, so you've earned the right to have a courier come to you to deliver writs and pick them up, e.g.
    -Greater radius for lighting - if lights illuminated a larger area, I wouldn't need to use up as many housing slots for lighting.
    -Book storage/display - make the bookshelves be able to store and display books, like in Skyrim. Seriously, we have all these lore books we can purchase, but they are extremely hard to place on bookshelves and they take up way too many slots. Create additional storage types to store furnishings/items that can also be displayed/accessed. Mannequins for gear is another example of a storage type that would allow us to store, but also display, gear.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 27, 2018 4:32PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Configurable Environment
    Allow the owner to choose to either adhere to the standard Tamriel day/night/weather cycle or to override the Time of Day and/or Weather with fixed selections (i.e. Always Night time, Always Stormy weather).

Ability-supported Collision
    Update existing class/weapon/guild abilities to support collision detection for players' furnishings. The goal would be to eliminate plummeting to your death or becoming lodged in furniture when hit with a javelin or Dragon Leap in a player's arena.

Housing Editor "Browse Mode" Furniture Context Menu
    Add a right-click Context Menu to the furniture listed in the Furniture Browser portion of the Housing Editor. This context menu could present the player with the relevant options for the selected furnishing, such as:
    - Configurable settings for a Switch
    - Dimming for Lights
    - Roaming options for an NPC
    - Lock Conditions for a Door

Truly Interactive Furnishings
    The existing interactive furnishings are great; however, it would be amazing if we also had items that could interact with one another or take effect on the player that used the item (or even on a player targeted by the player using the item). For example:
    - Pressure Plates and Switches (like those added in Clockwork City) that can control other items (i.e. Door unlocks when Pressure Plate is activated).
    - Doors, Trap Doors and Gates that can be opened/closed and even possibly locked based on switches.
    - Linked Teleport Runes that jump the player between one another.
    - I would also defer to Fallout 4's Settlement system for additional examples (and, of course, adapted to Elder Scrolls lore).

Free-roaming NPCs
    Ideally, these could be tethered to a player-defined origin with a configurable radius.
    Ancillary options could include:
    - Aggressive/Non-Aggressive
    - Combat Role (Offensive/Support/etc)
    - Configurable Dialog or Greeting (written only, of course)
    - Configurable Outfits or Styles.

...oh, and the obvious (and very reasonable) request for an order of magnitude increase in furniture limits.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other thing I would like to see is a lock/unlock feature for furnishings. The code is already in place for chat windows, etc, so not difficult to implement. So frustrating to place a bunch of plates, food, candles and such and then accidentally grab the table out from underneath them!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • theblackeagle1994
    theblackeagle1994
    ✭✭✭✭
    We all need more slots but they make big houses
    And we need a roam to train trial bosses in guildhomes
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ability Collision on building block furniture so that AoE abilities and CC'd players stop going straight through them.
    2. Increase the furniture limit of housing or make a separate furnishing limit for small knick knacks.
    3. Precision movement and rotation tools as well as Snapping
    4. An entire eventing system with robust options for triggers (objects toggled in a specific sequence, all objects on, all objects off, objects toggled within a certain time limit, objects toggled at the same time, NPC's HP at 0, when a player entity reaches a location, when a player entity emotes, when a player entity says a specific word in zone chat, when an X number of player entities are detected at a specific location, when a player entity sits on a specific chair)
    5. Custom Animation Creation Tools (Basically just hire R_K and his team to make his mod an in-game feature, lol)
    6. Add a Pivot Orientation to Object option so the pivot isn't always oriented to the World.
    7. Guild Banker, Guild Store Manager, and Wayshrines
    8. A Free-Roam Builder's Entity for placing furniture so builders aren't limited to Player Character's movement restrictions. (Like precision placing a piece of furniture in the sky without having to build the Tower of Babel to get up there!)
    9. Custom Text Dialog NPCs or Signs complete with eventing hook up and custom player responses (pre-scripted by the owner of the NPC/Sign) as well as Custom Journal/Lore Book Furniture
    10. Locked Doors/Gates and Keys to unlock them as well as Psijic Aqua Teleport Pads
    Edited by SenorCrouch on October 13, 2018 2:23PM
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Ability-supported Collision
    Update existing class/weapon/guild abilities to support collision detection for players' furnishings. The goal would be to eliminate plummeting to your death or becoming lodged in furniture when hit with a javelin or Dragon Leap in a player's arena.

^^^^^^^^^ This right here. And here. vvvvvvv

tsrftzf3t2qh.png

"What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Foxpaw93_ESO
    Foxpaw93_ESO
    ✭✭
    This might be small, but the players custom name for their house displaying instead or over the houses default plot title on loading screens when you or another player enter the home.

Perhaps in addition, the ability to customize the flavor text or if possible, even choose what art is pulled up on the loading screen altogether.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Increased item slot caps
    - Day/Night toggle
    - Weather setting
    - Version of mounts WITHOUT tack/riding gear on
    - Building components (walls, doorways, floors, stairs) in ALL racial styles

mine:

- Guild-friendly housing system

The current system is not well-designed for guild headquarters.

=> We need a way for authorized guild members to enter any house, not only the primary home.
    (= implement PTFH addon into the base game).

=> We need a way to settle any estate we own as a "Guild House" of any authorized guild we're in.

=> We need a co-property system that allows the authorized guild ranks to SET their own furnishings into such Guild Houses.

=> This will work with a recognition/mortgage system for furnishing items, that will allow any member who SET furnishing into a Guild House to get back this furnishing as soon as they're kicked from the guild and as soon as they're no more allowed in the Guild House

(=> Nota: a member who contributes by sending the furnishing to the guildmaster as gift/sale will not get this mortgage system. Works only if he directly put the item into the Guild House.)

- Turn up the drop rate of furnishing materials!

For Auri-El's sake.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;