Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning after over a year

Ahk1lleez
Ahk1lleez
✭✭✭
Things have changed quite a bit I must say. So...I'm looking for a bit of advice. Before my hiatus I never really attempted trials. Now I will be as a tank. I'd like to know if my current build is endgame viable..or if I should seek out better tanking sets for trials.

5 piece Torugs pact 5 piece Werewolf hide (jewelry and weapons on both bars) 2 piece Bloodspawn. 3 pieces infused 5 pieces sturdy (4 small and both shields) with an additional 20% block cost reduction from CP's. I'm a Redguard Dk with the Lord Mundus (I know redguard is not ideal for tanking...but I already did a race change and do not wish to do another). I'm running 34k health, 20k mag and 22k stam. Infused weapon with crusher glyph on front bar with decisive weapon and shock enchant (for concussion procs) on back bar. 2x mag recovery and 1 reduced stam cost jewelry enchants. I'll go into my cp layout if asked to do so.

My basic idea was to get as much uptime on Warhorn as possible, hence Bloodspawn, WW hide and the decisive back bar. Basically I proc the crusher on cooldown (3.5 seconds I believe with Torugs infused) with Pierce Armor...buff with Hardened Armor, Bone Shield and GDB (I think GDB is a wasted slot due to no stam regen while blocking) then switch to back bar block casting Heroic Slash (with the decisive weapon) and Fragmented Shield for ulti gen.

I've read that Ebon and trial sets are better options because of the 5 piece on Ebon and the minor Aegis on trial sets. My question is...is this build acceptable for trials if I can keep Warhorn up on a more consistent basis because of my rapid ult gen or should I farm those sets?

Thank you for any help in advance.
Edited by Ahk1lleez on October 13, 2018 10:00PM
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention...my resists are 30k spell 27k physical with hardened, and beyond the cap when BS procs. Also...my stam recovery is low, but I invested in Tenacity to compensate...thinking that along with the Redguard passive would be sufficient for sustain.