Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best Guild Store for Low Level Mats?

Bladehawk
Bladehawk
✭✭
So, I'll preface this by saying I'm not sure I completely understand the Guild Store system quite yet, but as far as I know, I have to go to a vendor in a specific location to buy items put up for sale by a particular guild's members. If that's accurate, my question is which Guild Store has a lot of low level mats (mainly herbs, but also wood/metal/cloth) for sale, on average? Are there guild(s) known for a wide selection of goods, or do they more or less specialize in certain areas? I'm on PC NA.

If there's a way to find this info on my own, that would be appreciated as well. I downloaded AwesomeGuildStore and TTC just to make searching dozens of Guild Stores bearable (is there seriously no item name filter in the base game?!?!?!?!) and to get an idea of what's a fair price.
Edited by Bladehawk on October 12, 2018 5:32PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bladehawk wrote: »
    So, I'll preface this by saying I'm not sure I completely understand the Guild Store system quite yet, but as far as I know, I have to go to a vendor in a specific location to buy items put up for sale by a particular guild's members. If that's accurate, my question is which Guild Store has a lot of low level mats (mainly herbs, but also wood/metal/cloth) for sale, on average? Are there guild(s) known for a wide selection of goods, or do they more or less specialize in certain areas? I'm on PC NA.

If there's a way to find this info on my own, that would be appreciated as well. I downloaded AwesomeGuildStore and TTC just to make searching dozens of Guild Stores bearable (is there seriously no item name filter in the base game?!?!?!?!) and to get an idea of what's a fair price.

It all depends on what the guild members decide to put up for sale. The guilds bid on the trader locations, so it isn't always "set in stone" that guild "The Silk Road", as an example, will have a certain vendor/location. The guild do attempt to get the same vendor every week, but it isn't a given that they will. They can be outbid by another guild.

Now might not be the best time to buy low level mats or mats for making furnishings. There seems to be a high demand, and the prices are being set accordingly. If you are in a guild that has a kiosk, it might be a good thing to sell any furnishing mats while there is a demand.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Typically, the guild stores found in places like Rawl'kha, Wayrest, Mournhold, and (I think) Davon's Watch have the oldest and largest guild stores. Though, I've had luck in Alinor in Summerset
    Edited by El_Borracho on October 12, 2018 6:25PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the TTC website to find the deals and run around to the traders until you find one. The addon for TTC just shows the prices in game on the item card. And the software client just uploads price data as you find it. The software client is more useful if you’re a seller and have an actual account on TTC for your listings. Not required though. But for me, it’s advertising. This process works best for when you are looking for a specific rare thing for sale. Don’t bother with it for high volume items. They will be gone by the time you get to the store.

Be sure to set your awesome guild store filters as strictly as possible to minimize noise. Then start searching for what you need at all the guild traders. You won’t always get the best price. But as long as the price is within the range that the TTC addon suggests, you’re getting a decent deal.

Don’t confuse the difference between master merchant and TTC. They are vastly different in the data they provide and how it’s collected. Without getting into a big detailed post, consider that master merchant is only most useful if you’re in three to five large high volume trade guilds with a public trader in high traffic areas. And then you need to be collecting sales data for at least a week or two before the data is useful. Before you have that, rely on TTC price info.

Also for master merchant, set the option to exclude outlier sales. The ones that were excessively above or below the time-weighted average.

Focus on TTC for now and save master merchant for when you are actually selling competitively and have access to the sales data to make it useful. It’s also good for other addons that hook into the data (writworthy comes to mind, but there are many others). Again, only useful with membership in guilds that do a lot of sales. Because it pulls data from guild sales history you get access to when you join the guild. Versus TTC which is crowd sourced price listing data fed by people browsing stores and listing their items.