Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Become a Monster & Earn Unique Rewards during the Witches Festival"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Become a Monster & Earn Unique Rewards during the Witches Festival. The grim spectacle of the Witches Festival has once again returned to haunt the people of Tamriel. Take part in this chilling celebration to earn bonus XP and unique rewards. It’s also your first opportunity to earn Event Tickets and Indrik Feathers – don’t miss out! Check out the article for all the details.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Spoopy" event? :D

Anyway, do we get the Dremora skulls once per boss type per day per character or only once per boss type per day?
    Edited by Ratzkifal on October 11, 2018 2:27PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    clickbait title, was hoping for something other than the usual polymorth, "become a monster"? yeah right :(
  • DHalb91
    DHalb91
    ✭✭
    I'm excited about the Dremora motifs. However, the means to obtain them is not making them available for everyone. Forcing players to complete trials and do arenas is a fairly poor model, in my opinion. I'm not saying that I can't do that myself, but there are others out there that cannot do either one. Either due to bad computers/internet, or they just don't have time to do much in the ways of spending an hour or longer inside a trial just for a chance at getting one of two motifs along side with everything else they need to do in the day. For those that won't be able to get those two to four pages, now they're having to spend a ridiculous amount of gold just to buy from a Trader "because it's new."
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHalb91 wrote: »
    I'm excited about the Dremora motifs. However, the means to obtain them is not making them available for everyone. Forcing players to complete trials and do arenas is a fairly poor model, in my opinion. I'm not saying that I can't do that myself, but there are others out there that cannot do either one. Either due to bad computers/internet, or they just don't have time to do much in the ways of spending an hour or longer inside a trial just for a chance at getting one of two motifs along side with everything else they need to do in the day. For those that won't be able to get those two to four pages, now they're having to spend a ridiculous amount of gold just to buy from a Trader "because it's new."

Hey man we have a system, it's not perfect but what system ever is? We know what must be done and for those willing to put the time in there are rewards. for those that won't, or can't, tough noogies. This isn't real life where you can be born into a class and claw your entire life to attempt to leave it and never gain an inch. This is a video game where money and loot fall out of the asses of your slain foes. I think the equality for all energy is better spent on more tangible endeavors. No ones gonna miss a weeks worth of meals to get a pair of dremora panties for their digital barbie.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?
    PS5 EU.
  • Braddec
    Braddec
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno FYI, the link in the article that is supposed to lead to the October Crown Store showcase is redirecting to last year's witches festival article instead.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about the Dremora motifs. However, the means to obtain them is not making them available for everyone. Forcing players to complete trials and do arenas is a fairly poor model, in my opinion. I'm not saying that I can't do that myself, but there are others out there that cannot do either one. Either due to bad computers/internet, or they just don't have time to do much in the ways of spending an hour or longer inside a trial just for a chance at getting one of two motifs along side with everything else they need to do in the day. For those that won't be able to get those two to four pages, now they're having to spend a ridiculous amount of gold just to buy from a Trader "because it's new." trade motifs based on the content they do/don't like to do.
    Fixed it for you.

There will be an overabundance of whatever you need from whatever you do/don't like to do, just as there is every year. People that want to crank out X content will do so and vice versa. And, there won't be absurd prices on pages after about 3 days in, because people will be practically willing to give them away to make space.

It promotes content diversity. (People will group up for speed normals all day long to help others out) And if gives people some choices in what they complete, without requiring an unrealistic number of completions.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?

It's only from the final boss, but can be any difficulty.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're on NA PC, be on the look out late evenings in Craglorn during the event. I'm going to try run a normal trial at least once a day, on behalf of the Sidekick Order. I don't care if you've never done one before, or you don't have the "proper" gear. I've guided a bunch of first timers, including a lvl 8, to the final boss of HRC after losing a player to bad internet connection. I can (probably) get the rest of you through a trial.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Anyway, do we get the Dremora skulls once per boss type per day per character or only once per boss type per day?

As I think this is asking, is the “once per day” limitation per character or per account?
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is it 1 per boss type per character per day or once per boss type per account per day for the Dremora motif drops
    Thanks in advance
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks. Damn, thought I had a shortcut there.
    PS5 EU.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PerArdua wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is it 1 per boss type per character per day or once per boss type per account per day for the Dremora motif drops
    Thanks in advance

Seconded - I would like to know this as well.
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭

This is my concern as well. It is rather unfair to the newer players. Even if they manage to get in a Trial or Arena etc. to get their own drops they could be subject to some good ol' fashioned elitist harassment.

Maybe the content type should only influence drop percentage instead of determine them.

This only benefits the high level champions.

P.S. coming from one.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance of that in the future more furnishings and perhaps more furnishing recipes may be added to the plunder skulls/etc.?

I like what we have so far, but this holiday could have some really neat furnishing plans/drops related to the event. e.g. a mad scientist's workbench, or zombie pets.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on October 11, 2018 7:08PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "spoopy event" huh?

Would've guessed spooky myself...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    If you're on NA PC, be on the look out late evenings in Craglorn during the event. I'm going to try run a normal trial at least once a day, on behalf of the Sidekick Order. I don't care if you've never done one before, or you don't have the "proper" gear. I've guided a bunch of first timers, including a lvl 8, to the final boss of HRC after losing a player to bad internet connection. I can (probably) get the rest of you through a trial.

How late? I'm a late-night person myself. :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are Dremora Plunder Skulls going to be subject to the cooldown timer? So for example if I kill the second-to-last boss of a dungeon less than (IIRC) five minutes before killing the final boss, do I miss out on the Dremora skull? Am I going to need to encourage dance parties prior to fighting final bosses to ensure everyone gets their Dremora skull?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely everything about the update to this event is a dream come true! New memeno, new motif (!!), no need to turn into a nusty skellimunster to get the XP buff, the ability to get up to 7 Dremora Skulls every day by mixing up your content type... it's brilliant!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could we get that updated in the website article please? Thanks.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Around 7pm Pacific, so abount 10 pm Eastern
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "spoopy event" huh?

"Words are hard," "you guys".
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if typo or intentional meme, but I'm leaning towards the latter.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome! If I can get my connectivity improved between now and then, I'd love to do that. My best endgame characters in some order are:
    • Altmer sorcerer -- he's duoed 20+ different normal dungeons. It's been a long time since I've played him without pets.
    • Breton sorcerer -- he's healed WGT, of course with a pet.
    • Breton templar -- he's healed WGT in vet mode, and a bunch of non-DLC HMs. I'm not experienced officially DPSing with him, but I'd do fine.
    • Dunmer magblade -- I'm less experienced on her than the others.

I can parse 15K+ on any of these characters without trying very hard. I'd have to buckle down to parse 20K, and rarely do.

I don't have trial gear, but I could easily bring Worm Cult, Sanctuary or, perhaps only on healers, SPC and/or Earthgore.

Good enough?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Awesome! If I can get my connectivity improved between now and then, I'd love to do that. My best endgame characters in some order are:
    • Altmer sorcerer -- he's duoed 20+ different normal dungeons. It's been a long time since I've played him without pets.
    • Breton sorcerer -- he's healed WGT, of course with a pet.
    • Breton templar -- he's healed WGT in vet mode, and a bunch of non-DLC HMs. I'm not experienced officially DPSing with him, but I'd do fine.
    • Dunmer magblade -- I'm less experienced on her than the others.

I can parse 15K+ on any of these characters without trying very hard. I'd have to buckle down to parse 20K, and rarely do.

I don't have trial gear, but I could easily bring Worm Cult, Sanctuary or, perhaps only on healers, SPC and/or Earthgore.

Good enough?

That's perfectly fine. Your characters sound more than good enough for normal trials.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if typo or intentional meme, but I'm leaning towards the latter.
    Intentional meme:
    maaZkaN.jpg
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!

Is the daily cooldown per character, or per account? Is it a 20h timer, similar to the one for RFTW mail guaranteed geode or horse training, or does it reset at a certain hour each day?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Mini trials count as trials?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »
    Mini trials count as trials?
    @d8rmir if it takes 11 of your closest friends, it counts as a trial.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!

Is the daily cooldown per character, or per account? Is it a 20h timer, similar to the one for RFTW mail guaranteed geode or horse training, or does it reset at a certain hour each day?

I looked back at my posts when this was on PTS. I wrote...

"My experience is that there's a 20 hour cooldown on your account for each dremora plunder skull type."

So, it was one per account per day on a 20 hr reset timer.
    PC EU