The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Moving Steam files from one computer to another

Scute
Scute
Soul Shriven
Hello,

Firstly I have looked through the commonly asked questions and the support section and have not found an answer for this. If it is there, sorry - I missed it.

I have recently downloaded the steam version of ESO onto a friends laptop and then updated the game and started playing with no issues :).

I used an external hard drive to transfer all the files for ESO from steamapps\common\Zenimax Online to my desktop PC.Unfortunately, when I run the game through steam on the PC it comes up as only 29% installed. The game will not run if I try to run it without steam, however the launcher does not mention that any updates are needed.

I'd rather not try and install the game from the PC via steam download as I have a limit to the amount of downloading I can do.

I suspect the issue could be that some of the game files are stored elsewhere in the steam folder on the laptop and the issue may be fixed if I can move them across?

Any help would be fantastic as I'm really excited to play this game!

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow these steps.
    1) Copy all files from your friend's PC "steamapps\common\Zenimax Online" to your Steam Library's "steamapps\common\Zenimax Online".
    2) Copy appmanifest_306130.acf file from your friend's PC "steamapps\" to your Steam Library's "steamapps\".
    3) Enjoy.

It should work.

In case it fails, open all appmanifest files with Notepad. One of them will have "name" "The Elder Scrolls Online" in it. Copy that one.
    Edited by susmitds on October 11, 2018 2:48PM