The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game is no longer detected by Nvidia Geforce experience

• dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @dazza1033

If ESO is no longer being detected by GeForce Experience, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully updated. After updating, you may need to restart your PC.

That did not help
  • Digitaltrama
    Digitaltrama
    Soul Shriven
    Well thank god I found this too.. I was going crazy. Could not find anything relevant in normal searches.. Noticed N exp did not have ESO anymore as I was trying to troubleshoot. Searching that I found this.
    I run around 70-80fps forever.. All the sudden after returning from brake (both PCs same spec) we lost around 20fps and dip all the way into 30-40s.. Even to 20s sometimes.. Our new caps been around 50-60s.. I can live with that..but not dipping to mid-low range card performance..
    Reading that they changed min specs means they obviously messed with something and its effecting high end cards also..
    The recent Driver also still didn't fix anything (because obviously they need a patch from yall) nor fixed the experience showing issue.
    Please fix this..
    And stop telling people to update etc with generic replies.. It's your end.
    From here it seems its coming on a month and nothings been done..
    Pretty much the time we had took a brake.. Pre last DLC. (Seems this is the area yall changed something.)
    Edited by Digitaltrama on September 13, 2018 6:54AM
  • wolfys
    wolfys
    Soul Shriven
    i have the same problem here.
    i tried everything - reinstalling Nvidia, repair the game etc.. nothing worked.

BUT i've communicated with a technician support and he told me , after the last update of Windows, the Nvidia is not compatible with the version of Windows. And also after Zos changed minimum requirements for the game, Nvidia must update the version to allow it.

So we have to wait for Nvidia to update the driver and the windows update to allow Nvidia driver.

just be patient and lets wait for the update :)
  • Mykelorcrist
    Mykelorcrist
    Soul Shriven
    wolfys wrote: »

BUT i've communicated with a technician support and he told me , after the last update of Windows, the Nvidia is not compatible with the version of Windows. And also after Zos changed minimum requirements for the game, Nvidia must update the version to allow it.

So we have to wait for Nvidia to update the driver and the windows update to allow Nvidia driver.

I just updated to the Sept 10th game ready driver and still no ESO in games detected by GEForce Experience. So issue has still not been addressed.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just updated to the Sept 10th game ready driver and still no ESO in games detected by GEForce Experience. So issue has still not been addressed.

Can confirm
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• wolfys
    wolfys
    Soul Shriven
    yea my game is still crushing every couple of minutes :/

i was doing a dungeon vIC last night and i crushed 3 times and i was tanking :/ it was so hard

also when i was doing battlegrounds and because of the crush , it thew me out of the group when i logged in back and i had a penalty. but really that was unfair.

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

same
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• NeuromancerAlm
    NeuromancerAlm
    Soul Shriven
    Same problems.After update of eso geforce experience not detect eso. And fps sometimes down to 15. I have 980 gtx X 2 SLI and before update eso works fine.
    I reinstall latest nvidia driver and reinstall geforce experience. Its not help.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a 1080 ti with the latest drivers & GForce experience and still not being detected. Pretty sad for a premium MMO like ESO not to work properly with the Nvidia software.
  • djl1tr
    djl1tr
    I have a gtx 1070. And I have a 40 fps :# GE not detect eso. Support said the game was fine. My low fps is problem Nvidia (gtx 1070) or AMD (Ryzen 5 1600). I should write them :D
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Geforce 980M with last Geforce drivers and geforce Experience and have no problem with that. I really think your problem comes from NVidia !
    。◕‿◕。
  • djl1tr
    djl1tr
    40 fps on a gtx 1070 is also problem with NVIDIA?
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    I worked it out.

The recent eso patch removed the 32bit game client. So now we only have eso64.exe and GeForce experience searches for eso.exe

So I created a text file in the folder /game/client and named it eso.exe and Geforce experience detected the game. Not only that but it detected the video settings from the 64bit client.
    After optimising the settings in GeForce experience and loading ESO the optimised settings were present.

But I doubt this will fix any nvidia fps issues.

• jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dazza1033 wrote: »
    I worked it out.

The recent eso patch removed the 32bit game client. So now we only have eso64.exe and GeForce experience searches for eso.exe

So I created a text file in the folder /game/client and named it eso.exe and Geforce experience detected the game. Not only that but it detected the video settings from the 64bit client.
    After optimising the settings in GeForce experience and loading ESO the optimised settings were present.

Great find! I created a file in the working directory called eso.exe and game was instantly found in Gforce Experience and recognizing settings.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked it out.

@ZOS_BillE

This is the case. Zos made this change and probably did not communicate it with Nvidia. Please make sure Nvidia is made aware so they may update Experience accordingly. Thx
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worked it out.

Thanks so much for this! Worked like a charm and ESO is back in Nvidia Experience.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeForce probably plays magsorc, so...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Submitted to Nvidia
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geforce Experience is horrible anyway. Uninstalled it a while ago and ESO performance got better right after.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    OMG! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    GeForce probably plays magsorc, so...

Hey!! I play magsorc!!
  • alefry93
    alefry93
    ✭✭
    I've copy-pasted the eso64 file and simply renamed it eso, it seems to work with GeForce Experience but I have no idea if it could be a problem in the future.
  • evildemoncat
    evildemoncat
    ✭✭
    I just got a new gaming rig, due to a currently unknown issue with my old MSI Dominator. Both are MSI machines.

On both, ESO is not seen in the GeForce Experience, no biggie. All drivers are current. However....

On the Dominator, old machine, 870m card, ESO runs 45-50+ FPS. SOLID.

On the Apache, NEW machine, 1070 card, ESO runs, currently, LESS than 40 FPS.

My brother's machine also runs an older video card, so I think we can FOR SURE say it is an issue with the 10-series Nvidia cards that is causing the frame rate drop. My new rig SHOULD NOT be sitting that low of a frame rate. Even taking the in game setting to MINIMUM got me to 45 FPS. It's ridiculous. Now, when I say new, I mean just about a week old. I JUST got ESO on it. I think I had it right before this last little patch and it was running at a much higher frame rate. Whatever y'all did y'all screwed up.

--EDC
    Stalks-With-Cats: Argonian crafter
    Howls-At-Moons: Argonian Templar Healer
    Mysthet Shadowdancer: Khajiit Warden DPS WIP
    Dro'jhan Zaohim: Khajiit DragonKnight Tank WIP
    Packed-With-Junk: Argonian inventory mule

Hail to the Dark Lord!
    Hail to the Void!
    Hail to the Night Mother!
    Hail to SITHIS!
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a new gaming rig, due to a currently unknown issue with my old MSI Dominator. Both are MSI machines.

On both, ESO is not seen in the GeForce Experience, no biggie. All drivers are current. However....

On the Dominator, old machine, 870m card, ESO runs 45-50+ FPS. SOLID.

On the Apache, NEW machine, 1070 card, ESO runs, currently, LESS than 40 FPS.

My brother's machine also runs an older video card, so I think we can FOR SURE say it is an issue with the 10-series Nvidia cards that is causing the frame rate drop. My new rig SHOULD NOT be sitting that low of a frame rate. Even taking the in game setting to MINIMUM got me to 45 FPS. It's ridiculous. Now, when I say new, I mean just about a week old. I JUST got ESO on it. I think I had it right before this last little patch and it was running at a much higher frame rate. Whatever y'all did y'all screwed up.

--EDC

You can only compare an old card with a new card if all settings are identical. You should get better with a 1070 card but the game will default to higher settings. Also, ESO also has FPS problems related to the CPU. Some CPU's have better single core performance which helps in ESO. (more cores and, to some extend, faster ghz doesn't always help)

I have a gtx 1070 and I do sometimes drop below 40 FPS but I am normally 60-80 FPS. However, it is worse than it was before Wolfhunter. Something that patch did really messed up game performance. I've also noticed that the game loads wrong sometimes and starts out with (or eventually drops to) low FPS and if I exit the game completely and go back in it is usually fine again.
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    Any solution for this yet? A friend of mine also has the same problem.
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    Create a FOLDER called eso.exe in the same folder of the eso64.exe
    ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
    http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
    Youtube: Aedra's Channel
    Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nijey wrote: »
    Create a FOLDER called eso.exe in the same folder of the eso64.exe

Thank you so much, i never had ESO in my Geforce Folder, that did the Trick
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much thanks. Creating the folder works!
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Trensharo
    Trensharo
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a fix for the problem. It makes the game show up, but it still cannot optimize. Clicking the button does nothing. Usually this happens automatically when GeForce Experience finds a game, provided it has been run once on the machine already (so the Configuration file is there). On my machine, it shows up, but clicking the button does nothing at all.

I just uninstalled the game, instead, cause I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle. Guess I gotta buy that Destiny 2 expansion...

Also, the B.S. upthread from the Customer Service person about laptops not being supported is complete hogwash. Or the developers are completely clueless about what notebooks are shipping with these days.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trensharo wrote: »
    That's not a fix for the problem. It makes the game show up, but it still cannot optimize. Clicking the button does nothing. Usually this happens automatically when GeForce Experience finds a game, provided it has been run once on the machine already (so the Configuration file is there). On my machine, it shows up, but clicking the button does nothing at all.

I just uninstalled the game, instead, cause I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle. Guess I gotta buy that Destiny 2 expansion...

Also, the B.S. upthread from the Customer Service person about laptops not being supported is complete hogwash. Or the developers are completely clueless about what notebooks are shipping with these days.

You uninstalled because Geforce experience can't change a few settings for you? You can literally just change them yourself based on what Geforce shows you it thinks it should be.

Geforce Experience doesn't make any magical changes to any of the games in it's lists. Just basic settings based on your rig.