The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Lilmothiit

KefkaGestahl
KefkaGestahl
✭✭✭
I know Murkmire isn't out yet, but from my understanding, there won't be any references to them in Murkmire. This is despite the fact that Lilmoth, the main hub, was their home city, and that Blackrose was originally founded by them as well. Now, I'm no lore expert, but didn't they die out in the Knahaten Flu, which occurred shortly before the events of ESO? Shouldn't Murkmire have had some architectural evidence of their civilization? It seems crazy that they can make use of the city of Lilmoth but not even throw a bone to the people it's named after.

I suppose it could be argued that the Imperials and the Argonians took over Lilmoth long ago, and that's why there won't be any remnants of their civilization, but certainly there should have been something that survived.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KefkaGestahl

Do you know this from PTS or is it just a guess? I think there should be some information - quests, or maybe even delve/dungeon that will concern Lilmothiit. Just because it's now or never. It is the right time to learn about them, or... when else? Definitely not in TES VI... I hope ZOS took the opportunity to gift us a knowledge on one of the Tamriel's mystery, the Lilmothiit. But still... I hope we'll not see "the last Lilmothiit". I never liked those last Ayleids, Kotringi and others. Too sad to see them die...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on October 10, 2018 11:31PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anything on the PTS.

I will acknowledge that I only got about a week of testing in before my PC decided it was going to start losing races to fossilized tortoises and trying to fix that swallowed most of my free time, so it's not impossible.

That said, given that the Imga got erased from Valenwood and they aren't even extinct...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit were a nomadic tribal group, and left few enduring signs of their existence.. Given the transient nature of the swamp, indeed this is the prevailing type of idea since the Duskfall, I don't find it weird that signs of their activities are scant. The mythohistory of Black Marsh focuses on the main players of the region and favourites of the Hist; Argonians, who are largely ignored, unfortunately, in the rest of Tamriel history
    Edited by LMar on October 11, 2018 6:11AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe we'll not see any word about them. I hope there will be some little story
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESO Live they said that most city of Lilmoth was their architecture so... There IS "architectural evidence of their civilization"
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    On ESO Live they said that most city of Lilmoth was their architecture so... There IS "architectural evidence of their civilization"

I think that was referring to Imperials or the old Xanmeers
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Noooooope. They were reffering to" houses on stilts". And said "It was city of Lilmothiit before they became extinct"
    Edited by jeedrzej on October 11, 2018 4:58PM

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noooooope. They were reffering to" houses on stilts". And said "It was city of Lilmothiit before they became extinct"

The houses on stilts are Argonian construction though
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now yes, becouse Lilmothiit become extinct. Argonias uses their houses. But they were Lilmothiit who build them.

Argonians architecture is rather mud huts and that stone "pyramid" like buildings

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now yes, becouse Lilmothiit become extinct. Argonias uses their houses. But they were Lilmothiit who build them.

Argonians architecture is rather mud huts and that stone "pyramid" like buildings

Not quite no. Check out the ESO Live talking about this. They mention Lilmoth here on 26 min 13 seconds

They say that what happened to the Lilmothiit is a mystery. Some of their artifacts are still around if I heard correctly in the video. it also says Imperials tried to conquer it, didn't manage a lot and left some remnants behind.

At 28 mins and 40 seconds they show the wooden houses on stilts and say "here we are going to see some Argonian structures" and they mention specifically that these are not the mud huts we saw before and these wooden ones are also made to be temporary as befits Argonian attitudes about such things and they might fall down after a season

At 32 mins and 44 seeconds they mention again the old imperial ruins and then show the leftover old Argonian xanmeer ruins from millenia ago and say it has 3 types of architecture (Imperial, new argonian, old argonian).

If there are Lilmothiit civilisation ruins then we don't see them I am afraid
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lilmothiit were a nomadic people, never or very rarely setting up more permanent dwellings. With a people leaving behind such temporary housing after the plague in such tumultuous terrain like Murkmire, its a given there'd be little to no evidence left after, what has it been, 30 years?

What upsets me though is 30 years is still a relatively short time period, and yet NONE of the plague survivors ever mention the Fox people, not even the Argonians, their practical neighbors.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what if Hist changed then from fox like mammals to argonians in attempt save them from Knahaten Flu? We know that's flu was created by Barsaebic Ayleids as weapon of doom against slave rebels, but argonians was protected from it.

What if Lilmothiit was changed into argonian subspecies similar how all of those strange hybrids born?
    aw_crwn_mounts_bearlizard_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_mounts_wolflizardsteed_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_mounts_senchelizardsteed_1x1.jpg
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Konstant_Tel_Necris,
    These mounts are explained by a new in-game book. I can find it if you want (don't want it to be a spoiler). They are not Lilmothiit.

So, no traces of Lilmothiit found so far? I did quite little exploration of Murkmire by now, nothing yet...
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    @Konstant_Tel_Necris,
    These mounts are explained by a new in-game book. I can find it if you want (don't want it to be a spoiler). They are not Lilmothiit.

So, no traces of Lilmothiit found so far? I did quite little exploration of Murkmire by now, nothing yet...
    @myskyrim26
    I know they are not Lilmothiit, they are bear, senche and wolf, but how they changed from mammals to lizards? Perhaps in same way how last lilmothiit was transformed into another form of argonians?

Sure I'd like read that book, you can hide text under spoiler in post or PM me that text.

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    @Konstant_Tel_Necris,

@myskyrim26
    I know they are not Lilmothiit, they are bear, senche and wolf, but how they changed from mammals to lizards? Perhaps in same way how last lilmothiit was transformed into another form of argonians?

Sure I'd like read that book, you can hide text under spoiler in post or PM me that text.

Sorry my friend but you have to accept that the limothiit are dead :(
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the latest Q A hinted that they may still be alive near the city of Black Rose