The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Social Ban Or.....???

jlynn1976
jlynn1976
So I just spent the last hour trying to figure out what happened to my account. Was it hacked? Is there some freak bug only impacting my xbox? Does ESO know I have an addiction and they are trying to make me do something in RL and not lose myself in my game? Looked all over the internet, checked with guildmates and no one seemed to know. Finally after a lot of variations of searching the issues I am currently experiencing, it appears this is a social ban of sorts. So now, I am digging to find out what activity I did that may have caused. Spam zone chat - nope, do not do that, maybe a recruiting message here and there but so far and in-between to result in this. Mass emails to people that can be considered spam - nope do not do that either. Use a third party software or bots - Nope and nope......So here I am missing an awesome guild event wondering why this occurred. I have tried to locate things that could cause this ban in support and coming up blank. This is so frustrating and disappointing. I work long hours and this is my break but I still do not know exactly what is going on since apparently you get banned and nothing is communicated to you - you just need to figure it out. So I have attempted opening a ticket - something I have never done before and logged out for the evening in the hopes this will get resolved. The ONLY thing I have been guilty of lately is reporting bots - and well if that gets me a ban, the system itself is broken. If this is not this social ban I have read about and could be something else - outside of clearing the cache - is there anything else I can do to resolve this?

I am posting this to technical support in hopes it helps to generate a notification for future players that encounter this. A heads up would be nice, so we know exactly what is going on and what steps we need to assist in resolving it....

I have never posted in forum and am hoping this subject matter does not cause another ban and if I broke a rule doing this please close the thread - not trying to cause any additional issues. All I want to do is craft, do guild events, restock my trader and level up. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
GT: EveeLution13
Server: Xbox NA
  • Ekatrina Rosezski - AD
  • Dra Tsanjii - AD
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a social ban by ZOS you *should* have gotten an email notification. Double check your SPAM folder.
    idea.gif
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had something similar happen but it depends can you talk in Xbox party and access other xbox games if not its a ban from Xbox and is a Microsoft problem but they should email you none the less

If you can't log in or talk in ingame chat or type in zone chat BUT can talk in party chat and access other games then this is a Zenimax issue but you should get an email if you were banned either way ESO is the most bug riddled non indie game on Xbox One I don't even know why they allow the game to still be sold on the marketplace.
    Edited by RebornV3x on October 10, 2018 1:59AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • jlynn1976
    jlynn1976
    Thank you both so much! I really was confused to as being banned but not notified. Sounds like this could be bug issue, I cannot locate any email in spam and I also checked trash just in case I trashed it by accident. Hopefully they can figure out what it then and get my access back. If anything I learned what NOT to do for the future.
    GT: EveeLution13
    Server: Xbox NA
    • Ekatrina Rosezski - AD
    • Dra Tsanjii - AD
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, since this issue is related to the thread creator's personal account, we've decided to close this thread. In the future, please direct all questions related to your personal account to our support team. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.