Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Transmutation Stones

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like incentivizing anyone to waste my time with additional grinds. Adding transmute crystals in the crown store would likely be followed by reducing the number earned in game, or increasing the number needed to transmute one piece.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol i have 200 stones, and uncracked sitting on all my characters. wish i could sell them......
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort.

It is a huge effort when your typical gaming sessions involves questing, world bosses, exploration, and crafting.

A lot of players (including myself) will counter your argument by indicating transmute stones aren’t really needed for these types of content.

It really isn't the place of other people to tell me what I do and don't need. Having particular gear and particular traits is needed for my "types of content." I focus on character design/concept and role playing. A significant part of that is having gear that matches the character concept. I couldn't care less about "best in slot" from a competitive standpoint. I want my gear to reflect my characters and what they would use or what makes sense for them.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort.

It is a huge effort when your typical gaming sessions involves questing, world bosses, exploration, and crafting.

A lot of players (including myself) will counter your argument by indicating transmute stones aren’t really needed for these types of content.

It really isn't the place of other people to tell me what I do and don't need. Having particular gear and particular traits is needed for my "types of content." I focus on character design/concept and role playing. A significant part of that is having gear that matches the character concept. I couldn't care less about "best in slot" from a competitive standpoint. I want my gear to reflect my characters and what they would use or what makes sense for them.

Fair point ... I didn’t think about it from an RP perspective.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort. Damn how much gear changing you doin?

I’m testing out the weapon traits doing a comparison between sharpened, nirn, infused, and charged. I’m also testing status effects to see what is bis. I also want to test divine vs impen on armor. In order to get a good test I need to use for a period of performance in cyrodil. I only play 1 character because I’m really trying hard to hit GO with my limited amount of time to play. I’m not one of these people that’s on 12-15 hours a day swimming in everything.
    Maryal wrote: »
    Pvp for the best source of transmutation stones. Do Cyrodiil dailies. Engage in pvp ... rack up those alliance points. ROTW will include a transmutation crystal (or whatever it's called) ... when you crack it open it usually gives you 5-20 or more transmutation stones (per day). The more RWOTW you get in a day the more likely it is that one of them will contain a second transmutation crystal for you to crack open. At the end of the campaign you usually get another 50 transmutation stones.

If you are on pc then go to the pts server and make a new toon. Your new toon's inventory will include an unlimited supply of transmutation stones (good if you just want to theory craft).

PTS is a good idea

The RNG gods haven’t favored me recently. I’m going through a stone drought with my RWOTW. I opened 20 recently and only received 4 stones. I ran 2 pledges and received 3 stones. Battlegrounds doesn’t even offer stones as a reward.

I don’t know. I thought the community would appreciate if stones were easier to get for everyone. So everyone could “play the way they want” at least if not in crown stores make them better for pledges and add to BGs

Nope. Anytime a game has a competitive component to it you will always have someone wanting to either gain an advantage over another player or keep the advantage over another player. Nowadays competitors don't just care about winning or challenge, they want dominance. 1st thing they say is p2w.

They don't even want mount training to be accountwide for the very same reason!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a huge effort when your typical gaming sessions involves questing, world bosses, exploration, and crafting. In other words, it's a huge effort if you only play solo content. Crystals only drop from group content - and specific ways of doing group content, at that. It needs to be looked at.

But like anything, you have to out in effort in other areas to get stuff. Honnestly 25k AP in PvP takes very little effort. Heck if solo is your gig you can repair a keep or two and ur there. But zerg heals and take a keep or two and its done rapid.

PvPers have to do a ton of PvE to get the stuff they need. A bit of balance is fine.

I'm a theory crafter too, but honnestly i have a ton of stones
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort. Damn how much gear changing you doin?

I’m testing out the weapon traits doing a comparison between sharpened, nirn, infused, and charged. I’m also testing status effects to see what is bis. I also want to test divine vs impen on armor. In order to get a good test I need to use for a period of performance in cyrodil. I only play 1 character because I’m really trying hard to hit GO with my limited amount of time to play. I’m not one of these people that’s on 12-15 hours a day swimming in everything.
    Maryal wrote: »
    Pvp for the best source of transmutation stones. Do Cyrodiil dailies. Engage in pvp ... rack up those alliance points. ROTW will include a transmutation crystal (or whatever it's called) ... when you crack it open it usually gives you 5-20 or more transmutation stones (per day). The more RWOTW you get in a day the more likely it is that one of them will contain a second transmutation crystal for you to crack open. At the end of the campaign you usually get another 50 transmutation stones.

If you are on pc then go to the pts server and make a new toon. Your new toon's inventory will include an unlimited supply of transmutation stones (good if you just want to theory craft).

PTS is a good idea

The RNG gods haven’t favored me recently. I’m going through a stone drought with my RWOTW. I opened 20 recently and only received 4 stones. I ran 2 pledges and received 3 stones. Battlegrounds doesn’t even offer stones as a reward.

I don’t know. I thought the community would appreciate if stones were easier to get for everyone. So everyone could “play the way they want” at least if not in crown stores make them better for pledges and add to BGs

I'm lucky to get 3-4hrs a week at present. But each month i flick through a few of my toons to hit 25k AP. If it takes an hour to do that its a bad run. Zerg heal prime time or repair wars if that's your gig, but it doesn't take much - one nights play rattle through all your toons, 30 days later (max) and you have a full set changes worth.

But aye if you keen to test things to death, go PTS.

I get folks don't like other content etc and want stuff easy i just fear longevity if we keep shortcutting stuff is all. I'm sure they would sell well on a crown store. , if that's a gd thing or not i dunno!!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don’t need to add the to the crown store, they need to add a chance of transmute crystals to non-PvP, non-group content so it can actually be obtained by those of us who do neither of those with any regularity. Or, they need to get rid of how traits were implemented in jewelry and let all sets drop in all traits.

^^
    this
    so this.
    just one more reason I stopped eso+
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol i have 200 stones, and uncracked sitting on all my characters. wish i could sell them......

i wish i could buy them.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is a good idea

Don’t waste your hard-earned resources on Live theorycrafting. Do it on PTS where these resources are free. ;)

This is the answer. It really does not make sense to use live game resources by any means.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    PTS is a good idea

Don’t waste your hard-earned resources on Live theorycrafting. Do it on PTS where these resources are free. ;)

This is the answer. It really does not make sense to use live game resources by any means.

I agree. But it's helpful to test in real world cyrodil conditions to get a good feel for what works best. In all types of situations. Rather than a contrived situation in a duel testing on friends.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South