The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructing jewelry should at least give one improvement grain

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I just deconstructen about 20 pieces of jewelry on my crafter that has all jewelry skills to the max and I only got 1 terne grain from it (even though all 20 pieces where at least green, with several green, several blue and two purple). Seeing how difficult getting grains and platen are, I believe that deconstruction of jewelry should at least give you one improvement grain garantueed and a chance for more.
Edited by msetten on October 7, 2018 2:45PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I put in a feedback ticket last night for this myself, mainly because the JC Master Crafting writs we get now are totally worthless because the expense to make the items in the writs far outweigh what you get in return. They need to increase the grain drop for refining, deconstructing, and increase the amount of jewelry that open world mobs drop. Otherwise my dozens of Jewelry master crafting writs just stay on my mule collecting dust.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I put in a feedback ticket last night for this myself, mainly because the JC Master Crafting writs we get now are totally worthless because the expense to make the items in the writs far outweigh what you get in return. They need to increase the grain drop for refining, deconstructing, and increase the amount of jewelry that open world mobs drop. Otherwise my dozens of Jewelry master crafting writs just stay on my mule collecting dust.

I recently gathered up and sold all of my JC writs. Made maybe 10k for ~1000 vouchers worth of writs. Worth it, because they were just taking up space.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JC is a lost cause. They got way too cute with this 10:1 extra grind and they think they actually did something worthwhile when they made it 5:1. It's an annoying gear craft compared to all the other ones simply because we never had it at release.

Had it been implemented together with the other ones we wouldn't have this nonsense.

I mean just exactly what is so OP about making jewelry golden when doing so for weapons is 1/5th the effort for a much bigger combat impact?