The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting Research Assistant & Craftstore to play nice together?

Carl_Bar
Carl_Bar
As the title says, any way to get these two addons to play nice? I prefer research assistant for actually keeping track of what i have and have not researched, but Craftstore lets me track several things, (Particularly research progress, so i know when to switch over for a second to set new ones going), from any character.

Unfortunately i get a nasty UI error on loading a character with both installed and have to do a reload UI to fix it, afterwhich everything works just fine.
  • Carl_Bar
    Carl_Bar
    Well nevermind, turns out the issue is somwhere in craft store itself. Research assistant at the same time seems to trigger it readily but it happens even with research assistant off.

No idea what's wrong with it alas.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl_Bar wrote: »
    Well nevermind, turns out the issue is somwhere in craft store itself. Research assistant at the same time seems to trigger it readily but it happens even with research assistant off.

No idea what's wrong with it alas.

Can you link a screenshot of the error here? And if you are sure it's related to craftstore, linking it on the ESOUI comments would also be nice.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Carl_Bar
    Carl_Bar
    CgFJgeu.jpg

It only happens with craft store loaded so i'm nearly certain it's the culprit, that said i cannot rule out a conflict, i just kinda doubt it as the only other mods i have that mess with the inventory are Master Merchant, Research Assistant, and Advanced Filters. Given it has an allow Master Merchant option that i've enabled i doubt it's that. And Advanced Filters doesn't strike me as a likly culprit and i've now had it happen with Research Assistant Disabled.

I can upload my entire Addons folder to m Google Drive if that would help.

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same error (I think) when I load my game periodically. I never bothered to track it down the real culprit, but the really interesting part is that it only occurs for me on the initial game login, and the stack trace in the error window does not include any loaded addons.

I'll have to pop open craftstore to see whether it sets some function hooks through ZOS library calls. (completely rewriting the function would make it show up in the craftstore directory).
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter