Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When will the game be playable again?

• slymerub17_ESO
    Confirming that it is indeed playable.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    My patcher has been fine. Tiny bit of lag tonight here and there but outside of that, my biggest problem is that the clock keeps moving waaaay too fast for my liking! :p
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    They've had patches pretty much every day of the workweek since prelaunch started. Some people's dc's have been fixed, some peoples issues are fixed, others are not.

You have to understand forums are not a representative sample of a population. Yeah there are people having problems but many more are in game. Some have experienced roll-backs but many have not. It's all just launch time in any mmo issues.

If you don't want to risk dealing with any issue, don't play for 30 days or so, and also don't play for 30 days or so after any major content patch. There will always be bugs in any mmo during these times. It's something gamers with experience with mmo's know and have had to accept even though we'd obviously prefer that the game was flawless.

Overall this has been a fairly smooth launch, and the game is playable by what seems to be the majority of the population. If reading about possible bugs concerns you so much, the only other piece of advice I can give is to stay away from any games forums as you you will always find things that can concern you and cause you needless stress in that case.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Kadigan wrote: »
    As for everyone else, you're clearly not reading these posts properly. If you're not experiencing these problems, great, there's no need for your input. Most of these problems are not with the game itself at all. The game itself I found to be perfectly playable, enjoyable, and downright excellent for a starting MMO. The problem is that a lot of people cannot even get into the game at the moment due to problems with the launcher, etc etc. Read the topic and comments thoroughly, then post.

Ah but they posted in the forum for players answering players questions. So if they didn't want other people weighing in that it's fine for them perhaps they should be posting in the bug forum not this one eh?
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Completely misleading title, you post some issues that an unkown number of people are having and say the game is "unplayable" :|
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    is a proxy required to play TESO???
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    is a proxy required to play TESO???
    I'm not using one.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware it wasn't playable. In fact, I was under the impression I'd just spent the evening playing it.

Oh my god, I'm having delusions.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has run flawless since 1st day of 5 day early release. Im still surprised that I havent had a single disconnect, crash or lagspike in all those hours I have played. Ive been playing TSW, ESO is a huge improvement to say the least. But that doesnt mean alot of people experience trouble and are genuinely concerned for their ESO gaming.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC