The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Plus Hiatus

lecarcajou_ESO
lecarcajou_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I am currently subscribed to ESO Plus but thinking about taking a break... just to be sure, if I unsub now, and resubscribe later, I'll still have all the progress, goodies, titles, and achievements from my DLC, as well as my crafting bag, right? Thanks!
"Morally Decentralized."
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting bag won't disappear while you're not subscribing, either. It will just stop taking in new items, which is its main purpose, and it will empty as you use them. But the stuff that's in there that you never use (like the CP10-140 mats) will remain in the bag and not clutter your inventory.

Many of the other benefits are faster rates of research, XP gain etc. that will turn off right away, but you won't have any of that research or XP undone. If you furnished a home beyond the lower limit, you won't be able to place more, but the excess won't be removed, and so on. Essentially, nothing is undone, you just get a freeze on the extras, and it thaws when you return.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enjoy your vacation!
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The crafting bag won't disappear while you're not subscribing, either. It will just stop taking in new items, which is its main purpose, and it will empty as you use them. But the stuff that's in there that you never use (like the CP10-140 mats) will remain in the bag and not clutter your inventory.

Many of the other benefits are faster rates of research, XP gain etc. that will turn off right away, but you won't have any of that research or XP undone. If you furnished a home beyond the lower limit, you won't be able to place more, but the excess won't be removed, and so on. Essentially, nothing is undone, you just get a freeze on the extras, and it thaws when you return.

agree.gif
    Options
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! Excellent info!

One more thing... about the Summerfall Event rewards... I'll still get those, also, right? I mean, I own Summerset and that's the only requirement, yes?
    "Morally Decentralized."
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! Excellent info!
    One more thing... about the Summerfall Event rewards... I'll still get those, also, right? I mean, I own Summerset and that's the only requirement, yes?

Sort of, you need to own it AND log in at least once before October 7th. Rewards will be handed out by October 10th.

If you miss the login deadline, you're out of luck, even if you own Summerset.
    shades.gif
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Summerset rewards are important to you, i suggest you don't ditch ESO+ until you made sure you got your rewards.
    popcorn.gif
    Options
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ESO Plus membership is set to renew on October 11... so I'll be able to make the login deadline!

It's not that I'm tired of ESO... I love it! But I do want to have a go at Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, and there's only so much time I can/should allot to games... :#
    "Morally Decentralized."
    Options
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean... maybe I just won't let my membership lapse... heck, it's less than many people pay for Starbuck's Coffee and muffins every day, right? :p
    "Morally Decentralized."
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean... maybe I just won't let my membership lapse... heck, it's less than many people pay for Starbuck's Coffee and muffins every day, right? :p

Man americans must pay a lot for coffee and a muffin.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't lose anything by stopping ESO+. You'll still have all the progress you've made in DLC, all the items and achievements etc. you just won't be able to make any further progress. Oh and any characters in DLC maps you don't have permanently unlocked will be moved to a non-DLC map.

Same with the craft bag and items in your bank and house over the non-ESO+ limit. They'll stay there, you just won't be able to add more.

If you intend to keep playing while you don't have ESO+ I definitely recommend you make sure your bank is no more than 1/2 full, otherwise you won't be able to put anything in until you clear it out. Other than that and considering where you store crafting materials you pick up while not subscribed (if you want to keep them) I don't think you need to worry about anything.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Danikat, excellent info!

And DanteYoda... yup, they do... and it's not even very good. Well, the muffins are. Sometimes. But the coffee's got nothing on, say, Tchibo, Eduscho, Jacobs, or Dallmayr Prodomo. See where I'm coming from? ;)
    "Morally Decentralized."
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And DanteYoda... yup, they do... and it's not even very good. Well, the muffins are. Sometimes. But the coffee's got nothing on, say, Tchibo, Eduscho, Jacobs, or Dallmayr Prodomo. See where I'm coming from? ;)

Not really because we don't have any of those named coffees here in Aus.
    Options
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

Not really because we don't have any of those named coffees here in Aus.

They're all German brands... and not really available in the US, where I live, either—I get them from our friendly neighbourhood transnational retail giant, Amazon.
    "Morally Decentralized."
    Options
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭

Plus you'll have extra crowns when you get back :grin:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I go on hiatus all the time. In fact, I spend more months not subbed than subbed. Though I own most DLC from pre-crafting bag days when ESO+ was a poor money decision compared to getting crowns on sale and buying DLC, I only got DB when it was 75% off and don't own CwC. When I am not subbed, I retain all my progress and achievements. In fact, you retain any quests. You just can't complete them.

The crafting bag works as follows when not subbed:
    1. You can't add things to it
    2. When you craft, mats will always be pulled from the bag before using the ones in inventory. That means that you have to use up all of a mat in the bag before you can use the ones in inventory for crafting.

When I don't have a crafting bag, I open hireling emails on mule alts and I sell a lot of the mats I find so they don't take over my inventory.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on October 8, 2018 5:30PM
    Options