Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Piercing Spear and Prodigy

baseface
baseface
So I just found out that prodigy crit bonus doesn't stack with the piercing spear... In fact prodigy overwrites piercing spear... so my spell crit dropped to 5 from 10 and weapon crit dropped to 0 from 10. So I'm pretty much forced to waste money on a respec. I think there should be a tooltip on stuff that doesn't stack...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it would be nice if it was clearer when things stack and when they don't.
  • baseface
    baseface
    So I found a weapon with spell and weapon crit... was using it and noticed it didn't stack with piercing spear... unequipped it and my crit chance is now 0% with both... FML.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of this stacking certain stats is very unclear and i think broken or hopefully just display problems.

I tried doing something similar with the Thief Mundus Stone.. and my crit dropped to 0%

It also felt like i did less damage to mobs, i couldn't crit at all unless i used the 2handed crit charge.
  • omnomolyub17_ESO
    Probably just a bug, as I doubt it's intended to drop to 0. Did you /bug it?