Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

That moment when...

N3CR01
N3CR01
✭✭✭✭
... you refine 1,500 rubedite ore and get 0 tempering alloys.

Sod you RNG! Sod you!
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    RIP
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can feel your pain, you are not alone.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    man, you forgot main rule - your first attempt refine should produce at least blue mat. If not - exit and start again. If you do - in 200 mats you will have from one to four yellow mats. Works like charm since beta :)

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    you also have to stir the rubedite counterclockwise at moonlight
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    man, you forgot main rule - your first attempt refine should produce at least blue mat. If not - exit and start again. If you do - in 200 mats you will have from one to four yellow mats. Works like charm since beta :)

-vovus

Awesome
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »

-vovus

That's a new one to add to the book Refining: A Collection of Urban Legends.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    N3CR01 wrote: »
    ... you refine 1,500 rubedite ore and get 0 tempering alloys.

I never refine stacks of 200. Well, unless it is fish.

For wood/metal/cloth/jewelry I refine every day up to 21 units and stop there; or before if I get a gold temper.

Works well for me.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I presume you actually needed one. The RNG AI detects your need and scrupulously avoids anything you don't already have.

The only way to get gold tempers is to have your inventory filled with them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have refined hundreds of thousands of each of the raw materials at this point, probably in the low millions total, and have found absolutely no correlation between what happens in the "first 10" of refining and the rest of it.

More than likely any difference that you see in it is bias. You remember the times you had good luck and try and make a pattern to fit that (which is what you human mind wants to do)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I presume you actually needed one. The RNG AI detects your need and scrupulously avoids anything you don't already have.

The only way to get gold tempers is to have your inventory filled with them.

I sell them, its how I make money on this game so need as many as I can get.
    Outta 1,500, I usually get around 5 tempers.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got 8 tempers from a stack of 1,000.
    Guess the RNG figured it owed me one, haha.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 Alloy from 500

My luck seems to be with "Perfect Roe"
    Got 18 from 1500 fish