Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What Khajiit form would you be?

Robo_Hobo
Robo_Hobo
✭✭✭✭✭
We may never know the true, exact, lunar cycle map of Masser and Secunda, but I quite liked this fan-made created one a reddit user posted on one of my threads there, and out of curiosity, I checked to see what form I would be based on my birthday and the day of the year that is compared to this chart. It turns out I would be a Tojay-raht.

So what about you? What form would you be, according to this chart?

https://airtable.com/shrWMu02QpPorZQHY/tbluD14TxQtr2T9c9

Some of the forms have still yet to be described in lore, but here are some different interpretations from fans based on what they might look like, along with all of the other known forms.

The Skyrim modded one is my own interpretation that seems to differ from others with the tojay and tojay-raht in particular.

tumblr_inline_ovlpk61G6C1rey9sk_1280.jpg

bipedal_and_quadruped_khajiit_form_interpretations_by_aedricdaedra-d91a5gm.png

And, besides checking the chart and comparing it to your birthday, what form would you want to be, in-game or in real life? :P

Or, perhaps you have another idea of what the lunar cycle may be, or know of other interpretations laid out?

Edited by Robo_Hobo on October 4, 2018 1:06AM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love an Alfiq or Alfiq-raht for a pet!

In-game wise, I'd like to play as an Ohmes. I know they were playable in Arena, but I haven't played Arena.
    Edited by Froil on October 4, 2018 1:14AM
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suthay-Raht.

If you wanna go cat person, go full bore Anthropomorphic, digitigrade legs and all.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Suthay-Raht.

If you wanna go cat person, go full bore Anthropomorphic, digitigrade legs and all.

If I were to choose, rather than just going by my birthday, I'd probably go with either a Dagi or Suthay. If Dagi really are monkey-like cats that can climb trees with ease and are good at casting magic, that sounds like a lot of fun. Suthay being short, and as you put it, full bore anthromorphic, sounds interesting too. :smile:
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    That kind :
    C5HPHcE.png
    。◕‿◕。
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    I’d be an Alfiq lol. Makes sense, I’m happiest sleeping all day
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathay for sure :smile:
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    According to the chart you've provided, I'd be a Cathay.

And yeah, that sounds about right. Pahmar, Alfiq and the like are a bit too feral for me. As for what form I'd like to be...

In-game, I'm absolutely fine with the form currently available (I think it's Cathay). When it comes to real life, however, I'd like to remain human, because being a Khajiit would likely result in unwanted attention of all sorts.
    Edited by Saphayla on October 7, 2018 9:37AM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting but fully fanon ^^
    I like to imagine my sorcerer as Tojay or Dagi since it seems to fit with her origin from Pellitine and the smell of magics and mystery around these furstocks.

In actual current lore, the forms may be relevant from a khajiit perspective but can't be distinguished from a human or mer eye. I like to imagine it's a way to describe features like the heroic/soft/angular options of character faces. (e.g. Pahmar are tiger-like faces)

Remeber, these forms were invented to retcon smartly the fact that Arena's Khajiit were mere "oriental humans with a cat cult" before they became a more literal cat-folk in the universe.

I can't wait for the chapter about Elsweyr, to get the ultimate lore about this! but if I were you I wouldn't put too much expectations on the weird mind-breaking fanlore about furstocks. We haven't got Alinor city made of pure glass, so.....
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel

Yeah, I worry that when the Khajiit forms actually get shown in-game, that they might go down the route of them all being very similar bipedal forms. That will be a very sad day for me, the crazy variation of Khajiit furstocks with Alfiq being housecats and Senche-raht being giant battlecats is what got me interested in TES lore in the first place, and inspired me to write a (currently ongoing) 170k+ word fanfic novel exploring Khajiit society in Elsweyr, with all of the different forms working together in society - and about what happened to all of that during the Void Nights, when it takes place.

There's no doubt, it would be a ton of work to make all of the different models needed to represent the Khajiit furstocks in all of their glory as described in the lore thus far, and it would be so much easier for them to just find a way to retcon it out, and there are already a few pieces of post-ESO development lore that seems to suggest they're considering going down that route, in some shape or form, but I still have some hope. The day that Elsweyr is announced as a future ESO zone, and without the different crazy forms, will be the day that is the truest test to decide whether I stick around with Elder Scrolls, or go write my own fantasy novels where I do make use of all of the wonderful ideas that could have been done with the concept of the Khajiit having so many wild and interesting forms, except not as Khajiit for copyright reasons. :P

But, even then, there's always Beyond Skyrim: Elsweyr even if that happens.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to that chart I'd be a cathy-raht, which is interesting because that's what I wanted my khajiit characters to be after learning in Morrowind that they were often called 'jaguar men' by the other races.

(The Morrowind descriptions and the limits of the in-game models actually confused me for a long time. It mentioned 4 furstocks - the housecat like alfiq, the cathy-raht jaguar men, the elf like ohmes and the great senche tiger. And of course in Morowind you had 4 faces to choose for your khajiit - one like a house cat with a tortoiseshell pattern, one plain, one like a tiger and one like a jaguar. So for the longest time I thought the only difference was the fur pattern and didn't realise it affected their size and whether they were bipedal or quadrupedal too.)

And actually the tojay-raht would be a better fit for my character, since she's from the Tenmar forest and I always make her shorter and skinnier than a human. Although I did pick the jaguar fur pattern in ESO, and in Oblivion and Syrim I tried to make her look like a jaguar.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be Alfiq. They seem cute and not dangerous, but they are strong mages. What can be better?
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    @Ajaxandriel

Yeah, I worry that when the Khajiit forms actually get shown in-game, that they might go down the route of them all being very similar bipedal forms. That will be a very sad day for me, the crazy variation of Khajiit furstocks with Alfiq being housecats and Senche-raht being giant battlecats is what got me interested in TES lore in the first place, and inspired me to write a (currently ongoing) 170k+ word fanfic novel exploring Khajiit society in Elsweyr, with all of the different forms working together in society - and about what happened to all of that during the Void Nights, when it takes place.

There's no doubt, it would be a ton of work to make all of the different models needed to represent the Khajiit furstocks in all of their glory as described in the lore thus far, and it would be so much easier for them to just find a way to retcon it out, and there are already a few pieces of post-ESO development lore that seems to suggest they're considering going down that route, in some shape or form, but I still have some hope. The day that Elsweyr is announced as a future ESO zone, and without the different crazy forms, will be the day that is the truest test to decide whether I stick around with Elder Scrolls, or go write my own fantasy novels where I do make use of all of the wonderful ideas that could have been done with the concept of the Khajiit having so many wild and interesting forms, except not as Khajiit for copyright reasons. :P

But, even then, there's always Beyond Skyrim: Elsweyr even if that happens.

Unfortunately, TES Legends has shown what the Pahmar-Raht may look like if we ever see them in game:

LG-cardart-Pahmar-raht_Renegade.png

This is far more in line with what I imagined a Cathay-Raht to look like. So much for the Pahmar being "similar in appearance and size to a tiger", and Pahmar-Raht were "similar to a Pahmar, but larger and possessed of a fiercer disposition." Whats so baffling here is that they've done the opposite of what you would assume the description implies. They've given this character a tiger like pattern on its fur, but made him bipedal. You would have thought that the phases of the moons wouldn't have made a difference to the pattern of a Khajiits fur, since all Khajiit that we've seen in game have all have wildly varying fur patterns, but are all the same furstock. Its similar with the Cathay-Raht Legends card:

LG-cardart-Cathay-Raht_Veteran.png

Now the term "Jaguar men" is definitely up for interpretation, but instead of giving the character a jaguar like appearance like the fan art above, all they've done is give her jaguar like markings on her fur. Admittedly its kind of difficult to tell whether or not she's bigger than the people in the background or if its the steps that are making her look considerably taller, but you can see how the fan art makes these furstocks far more different to each other than the developers seem to do.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be a Senche-Raht, something about going primal is just so alluring. Sometimes I just don't want to be bothered by complex emotions instead I would prefer to be one with nature.