Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pre level 50 BG are barely able to fill, need opinions

Dunhildas
Dunhildas
Soul Shriven
I have enjoyed the low level BGs, however I can't help notice something, if the low level BG can't fill, how many players are there?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you running into the same players?
    Are matches not filling up completely?
    Are matches taking a long time to queue up?

For the first one, it has to do with your ranking for matchmaking. Nobody knows what the formula is; some think it's purely matches played, others think wins are involved.

As for the second, this is a matchmaking bug. Players exist but the system doesn't fill them in like it is supposed to. So it may appear as if there are not enough people playing.

The final one again comes back to ranking. If you have a higher ranking for matchmaking, the system seems to have trouble finding suitable opponents and teammates. But when it does, it ends up being the ones you expect anyways (premades).
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 4, 2018 10:47PM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first one, it has to do with your ranking for matchmaking. Nobody knows what the formula is; some think it's purely matches played, others think wins are involved.

As for the second, this is a matchmaking bug. Players exist but the system doesn't fill them in like it is supposed to. So it may appear as if there are not enough people playing.

The final one again comes back to ranking. If you have a higher ranking for matchmaking, the system seems to have trouble finding suitable opponents and teammates. But when it does, it ends up being the ones you expect anyways (premades).

I dont think they implemented the Ranking system in below 50 BGs since there would not be any games then.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhildas wrote: »
    I have enjoyed the low level BGs, however I can't help notice something, if the low level BG can't fill, how many players are there?

Which region ? Platform

I'm leveling a toon on NA and they pop fast
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

I dont think they implemented the Ranking system in below 50 BGs since there would not be any games then.

Really? Never done pre 50 BGs myself, just kind of assumed there was some sort of matchmaking ranking but I guess it makes sense if there isn't.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    They pop faster for me than lvl 50 BGs. Strange!
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Level up?