Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning Question

trueprestige
trueprestige
✭✭
Hey guys,

So i usually go ahead and eat food over drinks, When would one ever prefer increase in recovery speed. I'm trying to find a situation when i would drink something over eating.

Thanks
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found in PTS testing I never preferred drinks. I'm a bit rusty, but I believe the jewelry enchants (i may be mixing them up with armor) add to recovery and don't offer much of a selection, so I added to recovery with enchants (glyphs) rather the drinks.

Also at some point recovery will become over charged anyway, so having the drinks just makes that happen faster.
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    I'm playing an Orc as my main, and IIRC they have a boost to health regen anyway - certainly my health regens pretty quickly. I guess sometimes a magicka boost might be nice as I'm starting to use it a bit more, but so far I'll always take a boost to health or maybe magicka total pool. If orcs do regen faster, I'll be interested to see if I prefer drinks sometimes on other characters.

I suppose when you get to higher levels a boost of 42 isn't going to be so much, although I guess there may be better recipes as you get better at provisioning, or the quality of existing ones might get better? But if they stay around the same level it *might* be better to have a boost to regen *if* it applies during combat as well as out of it?

Generally speaking, though, my crafter just makes drinks to sell.
    Edited by Metella on April 6, 2014 1:07AM
  • tarvokb14a_ESO
    tarvokb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite thing is a capacity increase, particularly to magic. My strategy (PvE) is to simply unload as much damage as possible over the smallest period of time. If I'm waiting for something to regen, I did something wrong.