The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Idea: rare crafting materials added to daily login rewards

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I’d like to see some rare crafting materials to be added to the daily login rewards. Things such as chromium plating (or grains if plating is considered too much), gold tempers, perfect roe, potent nirncrux, Kuta etc. That way the daily login rewards are also interesting for crafters. And those that don’t need them can sell them. What do you think of this idea?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice...if only!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could just do the Daily Writs for crafters...

I got 8-15 of each type of gold improvement mat last month on my one maxed crafter who does daily writs, so that's a pretty regular source.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could just do the Daily Writs for crafters...

Oh, I am doing those with four characters. Just thought another source would be nice.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketeers would disagree due to this adding extreme volatility to the markets of those mats that were given out. It would only make sense if we could short sell, and no one is “lending out” their mats. So we can’t short sell mat markets.

If my primary source of enjoyment wasn’t from making virtual currency, I’d agree. I won’t really mind either way. Volatility is fun! Plenty of other stuff to play in while markets settle. Love watching calula liquor spike in price right now.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about my last post, a proper banking and lending system would be nice. Probably not popular though. To lend crafting mats and gold at interest with enforcement would open many possibilities in the economy.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like furniture mats in stacks!!
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    Marketeers would disagree due to this adding extreme volatility to the markets of those mats that were given out. It would only make sense if we could short sell, and no one is “lending out” their mats. So we can’t short sell mat markets.

If my primary source of enjoyment wasn’t from making virtual currency, I’d agree. I won’t really mind either way. Volatility is fun! Plenty of other stuff to play in while markets settle. Love watching calula liquor spike in price right now.

Outside of the actual gold, every other daily reward is account bound upon acceptance. I'm sure they could implement a "Crown Chromium Plating" that would be BoP to not affect the free trade markets.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think they're too rare, the proper solution is to make them less rare directly, by increasing the chance that they drop. Adding new sources just makes the processing more complex, as you then have to consider more variables when setting the drop rates. Ok, the log-in rewards aren't random, but the other sources are.

And several of those rare items are "you must go here, and do these activities to collect" ones, where the rarity reflects the unwillingness of traders to go farm them, rather than the drop rates per se. Having Nirncrux drop in other zones, for example, wouldn't be an appropriate change, because the purpose is to get players to go to Craglorn.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Outside of the actual gold, every other daily reward is account bound upon acceptance. I'm sure they could implement a "Crown Chromium Plating" that would be BoP to not affect the free trade markets.

Well, that would still affect demand, right?

Because players are getting gold improvement items through the daily rewards means they don't have to get it through another avenue ... including buying through the guild stores.

Regardless, I still support this idea I think. As long as the rewards aren't overboard. A chromium plating would be overboard but a chromium dust would not be.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 5, 2018 1:13AM
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

Because players are getting gold improvement items through the daily rewards means they don't have to get it through another avenue ... including buying through the guild stores.

Do you really think that getting for example one chromium plating per month would really affect demand that much?
    I mainly thought about this idea as it would help crafters a bit and it would also bring some more variety to the daily rewards.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I’d like to see some rare crafting materials to be added to the daily login rewards. Things such as chromium plating (or grains if plating is considered too much), gold tempers, perfect roe, potent nirncrux, Kuta etc. That way the daily login rewards are also interesting for crafters. And those that don’t need them can sell them. What do you think of this idea?

Only if rng based.
    For example, you get one crate that contain 2 random gold upgrades. Maybe its jackpot and you got 2 gold platings, maybe its only 2 kutas. That way economy of the game would be intact, and ppl will want to log to get such box cause there might be high reward.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you really think that getting for example one chromium plating per month would really affect demand that much?
    I mainly thought about this idea as it would help crafters a bit and it would also bring some more variety to the daily rewards.

Considering that it took me a month of doing daily crafting writs to get enough grains to make a plating?

Considering that if RNG is with you, it takes refining roughly 2000+ raw jewelry dust to get enough grains to make a plating?

Considering that one plating is worth 70-80k gold on PC/NA, thus worth closer to the end of the month good reward than a regular reward (and the other gold improvement mats are worth more than the 500 gold ZOS likes to give)?

Yeah, actually, I do think that regularly giving everyone one chromium plating a month through the daily log in rewards would have a big impact on the market.

The gold improvement mats are worth more than ZOS' normal rewards, and they are already obtained through doing daily crafting writs.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if rng based.
    For example, you get one crate that contain 2 random gold upgrades. Maybe its jackpot and you got 2 gold platings, maybe its only 2 kutas. That way economy of the game would be intact, and ppl will want to log to get such box cause there might be high reward.

This is actually a nice addition to my original idea.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if the rare crafting materials were replacing some of the more boring daily rewards like telvar or AP.

Not if it was replacing the core rewards like unique pets, outfits or crown crates.

Or if they made a single month of it, like a crafting month, kinda like the 100k g month they just did, that would be cool.

My fear of this idea is that the rare crafting materials would become the main prize, seeing how rare crafting materials are worth so much gold, and I wouldn't want that seeing how I value the unique prizes we're already getting far more. The idea of random "crafting crates" suggest above would be a good medium, as they wouldn't be worth as much and would be a fitting replacement for some of the boring telvar or AP rewards already being given.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.