Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Did It - Another I beat VMA thread

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Watching a video where I saw someone follow a step by step of that first section is what got me through, dodging the skull, interrupting the boss, dropping the ult - it became so second nature. I got to a point that I could even get past it without the ult sometimes......sometimes!
    You have a link to that video?

This is the guide that got me through, especially that last round. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafavdcH7po&t=49s
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I duplicated those few basic moves at the beginning to get past the guard and chase the boss upstairs. You'll have to ff quote a ways.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Just a friendly suggestion, but instead of grinding out more CP (which will make a small, yet tangible difference), give soloing a few dungeons a try! Learning to handle things with no help is of more use than the ~2% extra stats you'll get from CP, imo.

As a bonus, while you're soloing your way through dungeons, you'll also be earning that CP anyway, so...
    Thx for the advice, but are group dungeons rly soloable as something else than pet sorc? I was under the impression that group dungeons were way harder than vMA because the bosses were hitting harder since they are designed to hit tanks.

On the other hand, I've been doing quests in Crag for the first time since last week and I can manage group delves pretty well. Are group dungeons difficulty comparable to group delves in Crag?

@Swomp23

Confession: I hate the combat pets in this game. All of them. They're ugly, stupid, and annoying. They ruin good mob stacking, and make things generally complicated where they don't need to be. And they STILL block interacting with objects
    (WHY, ZOS?!?!) Yes, you absolutely can solo (many of) the game's dungeons as other specs than a pet Sorc. (BUT, even non-pet magSorc is generally easier, if you struggle with survivability. I often solo dungeons on other classes, both stam and mag specs. It's doable, no doubt.)

On normal, yeah, I'd say most dungeons that can be completed solo (meaning, no mechanics that flat out prevent it) are closer to Group Delve difficulty than to vMA difficulty. Heck, some of those Group Delves are really hard solo (depending on how you pull mobs, or how hard the boss hits).

For vets, you're usually looking at a similar difficulty level to vMA, but with the same overall premise: do the mechanics, or die. They can be taken fast or slow, but learning what you can and can't handle is a big part of the reason I suggest soloing dungeons to people. That, and you learn what kind of setup you need to run to be totally self-sufficient.

As far as group dungeons being designed with a tanky tank in mind, that is definitely a thing. Especially many of the DLC dungeons, you aren't going to solo those even if there weren't mechanics that prevented it. But most often, it's simply a matter of knowing when/what to block, dodge, or otherwise avoid more than needing to be a tank. Veteran Spindleclutch 1 is a pretty good starting point for trying to figure out how well you can get through harder stuff solo. Up to the last boss, things are more or less a breeze; but that jerkass spider wench at the end will mess you up IF you don't avoid her difficult mechanics. Which you definitely can learn to avoid. Highly recommend starting, or working your way up to, vSpindle1 as a litmus test for dungeon soloing. I'd estimate it's on par with a vMA round, give or take.
    Edited by GreenHere on October 5, 2018 3:00AM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Confession: I hate the combat pets in this game. All of them. They're ugly, stupid, and annoying. They ruin good mob stacking, and make things generally complicated where they don't need to be. And they STILL block interacting with objects
    (WHY, ZOS?!?!) Yes, you absolutely can solo (many of) the game's dungeons as other specs than a pet Sorc. (BUT, even non-pet magSorc is generally easier, if you struggle with survivability. I often solo dungeons on other classes, both stam and mag specs. It's doable, no doubt.)

On normal, yeah, I'd say most dungeons that can be completed solo (meaning, no mechanics that flat out prevent it) are closer to Group Delve difficulty than to vMA difficulty. Heck, some of those Group Delves are really hard solo (depending on how you pull mobs, or how hard the boss hits).

For vets, you're usually looking at a similar difficulty level to vMA, but with the same overall premise: do the mechanics, or die. They can be taken fast or slow, but learning what you can and can't handle is a big part of the reason I suggest soloing dungeons to people. That, and you learn what kind of setup you need to run to be totally self-sufficient.

As far as group dungeons being designed with a tanky tank in mind, that is definitely a thing. Especially many of the DLC dungeons, you aren't going to solo those even if there weren't mechanics that prevented it. But most often, it's simply a matter of knowing when/what to block, dodge, or otherwise avoid more than needing to be a tank. Veteran Spindleclutch 1 is a pretty good starting point for trying to figure out how well you can get through harder stuff solo. Up to the last boss, things are more or less a breeze; but that jerkass spider wench at the end will mess you up IF you don't avoid her difficult mechanics. Which you definitely can learn to avoid. Highly recommend starting, or working your way up to, vSpindle1 as a litmus test for dungeon soloing. I'd estimate it's on par with a vMA round, give or take.
    Hey, thanks for the detailed answer. I guess I really overestimaed norm dungeons difficulty in solo. Of course, I can breeze through it with an ok group, but I always thought it was because everyone was doing their job. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 5, 2018 3:38PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    I was stuck on 6th round for about an year on and off on my pet sorc with julianos and necropotence. Then one day by mistake i equipped my pvp julianos lightening staff with prismatic enchant. I just breezed through that round! Trust me, that extra damage, albeit small, can sometimes work in your favor if you are not running BSW
    Edited by Eclipse0990 on October 5, 2018 4:35PM
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck on 6th round for about an year on and off on my pet sorc with julianos and necropotence. Then one day by mistake i equipped my pvp julianos lightening staff with prismatic enchant. I just breezed through that round! Trust me, that extra damage, albeit small, can sometimes work in your favor if you are not running BSW

I eeked out every little bit of extra damage I could get which is why I golded the weapons. And stage 6 is a pain in the A$$! On my second run through I was more than amazed I had ever done it the first time. Easily my least favourite part on my second run.