Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Elder Scrolls Online & Asherons Call

commandline
This game sure does remind me of my Asherons Call days.

I really am enjoying this game and cant wait to get into the veteran content.

I wished they allowed you to become a Player Killer(PK), like in Asherons Call and roam around everywhere having to watch your back from other hostile Player Killers(PK).
  • Nicolyne
    Nicolyne
    ✭✭
    I played AC! Morningthaw server I think it was called.
  • Dread_Takhisis
    HG 4 L
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    Finding the instrument emotes took me right back to my time in Asheron's Call 2, my first MMORPG.
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    Played on DT....AC1 was my first MMO...loved that game
  • commandline
    Looks like we have some old school REAL MMO players here ;)

I played on Thistledown and Darktide.
  • mithrendiel
    mithrendiel
    ✭✭
    I played both AC1 and AC2, and I have to agree. There's something about this game that reminds me of Asheron's Call. Both worlds completely captivated me. I have high hopes for this game. It could be my next holy grail MMO. <3
  • Corndart
    Corndart
    AC / Morningthaw here. I have yet to play an MMO that recaptures the initial wonderment and challenges that AC represented but ESO is certainly the closest. Remember having to learn spells by trying combinations of tapers and comps? I probably have a spreadsheet on a backup CD-R somewhere with my taper combination, before they sold the scrolls from the mage supply vendor.

• commandline
    Tapers and Comps! LOL. Those were the days. They were heavy though, really added to your burden.

Any of you guys rock Shadow Armor or an Atlan weapon? :)
  • Nicolyne
    Nicolyne
    ✭✭
    Oh I remember tapers and comps and standing in the mana pools trying to learn spells and fizzling! haha

• Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    AC Morningthaw & Darktide

Empyrean Shadowguard... if anyone remembers...

Lets see... shout out to Miki Kayama, Holdren, Glaucon, Sorin, Siff, Cidd/Deimos and many more! Good times.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • oxcraig
    oxcraig
    Soul Shriven
    I played AC1 & AC2 but EQ was my first MMO back in 1999. Not sure but I think I was on the Highkeep server before it merged with another server. I could not play AC without the use of Decal back in the day. I remember the tapers being based off your login id. I also remember scarabs and comps as well and notes instead of coin as well as corpse recovery.
  • oxcraig
    oxcraig
    Soul Shriven
    Tapers and Comps! LOL. Those were the days. They were heavy though, really added to your burden.

Any of you guys rock Shadow Armor or an Atlan weapon? :)

I had to gather motes for each weapon I created for each of my alts for every type of creature to fight.

• krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine tried to get me to play Ashron's Call. I saw him play it, when he logged on it looked like he was being transported trough a wormhole or something.

But Tibia was my first real MMO experience, so long ago...
  • Vhalkyrie
    Vhalkyrie
    ✭✭✭
    Also former AC1/Morningthaw here! I agree it has a very AC-likeness to it with the exploration and ability to dodge (most) ranged attacks.
    Edited by Vhalkyrie on April 4, 2014 2:58PM
  • commandline
    Would it be alright if I added you folks to my friends list in game? I am looking for more AC and EQ like minded players to play with for the long haul.