Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds character voices

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
Ultimately this is a fairly minor thing, but after realizing that the voices we hear in BGs ("we captured the point!", "they have the ball!", etc) are the voices of our teammates, I'm wondering why can't/doesn't ZOS include our own character calling out and such in along with the voices of our teammates?

So like, if I'm teamed up with a male Dunmer, a male Altmer, and a female Breton, those would be the voices I hear when we get a chaosball, capture a point, or score enough kills, etc. how hard would it be to add a 4th voice (the race/sex of your character) to the pool?

It's ultimately a very minor thing, but it'd be a nice little change to hear your own character getting involved with their team, especially since it's not like it's any complex roleplaying dialogue or anything.

ZOS... any way to make that happen? or am I the only one who thinks this should happen?
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "By Auri-el's light the point is ours."
    "Glory of Almalexia, we captured the point!"
    "Vivec smiles on us, we captured the relict!"

Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've played a million BG's and never even thought that those voices were the voices of your teem mates lol... always figured it was people in the stands watching. :D

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think so too, until I heard an Altmer voice exclaim "we captured the point!" and saw the mouth of my Altmer teammate move as the voice played.
    I dunno. I just think it'd be nice to hear your character make remarks too.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those voices need to be nerfed.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those are voices of our team mates. I like them. Especially because good voice actors are there, one from Skyrim as well. :) I'm not sure if we (our own chars) speak too, just we don't know it because we can't see them talking?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Yes, those are voices of our team mates. I like them. Especially because good voice actors are there, one from Skyrim as well. :) I'm not sure if we (our own chars) speak too, just we don't know it because we can't see them talking?

well, one of my main battlegrounds players is a female Dunmer, and I very rarely ever hear one of those in a match; to the tune of only hearing it whenever there's another female Dunmer on my team.

I just want our characters to "participate" with their teammates. haha