Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone else think Gutsripper is disappointingly easy?

Melian
Melian
✭✭✭✭
After the beta, when it was a challenging, exciting fight, now he seems like any other Clannfear. It doesn't feel like fighting a boss at all. :(
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Shhh. They'll hear you and change it back. I still remember the angry masses howling about how Gutsripper was impossible. I remember cause I was one of them. XDDD

I can't comment on how easy he is now, because I ended up doing him at level 12... just never got around to it at level 8. And yes, at that level he goes down in like five hits.

What was funnier to me was the second Mages Guild quest... I was all chills because I was going to fight a Dragon Priest - holy cow, I was going to die!

Annnnnd he died in under twenty seconds. To a character I had to respec because they sucked.

That was a bit weird. XDDD
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I guess I'm the only one who likes games that require some effort. Sad.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was tricky for me. I'm playing a pure Dark Magic sorceress with no summons. Took a fine balance of frost staff and CC to manage the fight.

I imagine how easy a boss is depends entirely on your build.

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the nerf, I did that fight on a nightblade, a sorcerer and a DK, all at level; for all three, he went down in seconds. It was an epic fight in beta, and helped sell me on the game.

I did complain in /feedback because I couldn't leave the room without dropping the quest, and now I'm wishing I hadn't, because the same minds that could misinterpret "let us leave the starting island" as "start us in the city" could have thought "let us leave Cheesemonger's Hollow to repair our gear" meant 'nerf Gutsripper". Now people are working on Doshia. Soon there will be nothing left.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed the same, I hope this isn't the direction the game is going
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    this game is already far too easy, we need mini challenges like this to prove our skill or re-question how we are using the skills we have. sadly Zen seems to be listening to all these people who scream "nerf" but blindly avoid important things like bag space, farming, gold spammer filters (it says everything when someone can make a mod that is more successful than what the devs are doing) .

Love this game but it needs to be more challenging,