The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unknown Error

akballa
akballa
Ridiculous... been able to play 1/10 of the time. I just dropped 80$ on a game I can't even play. Where do I go about getting a refund on my digital copy? This is beyond infuriating, if you're going to release a game you should make it somewhat playable. Me and my friend both get the same error making it impossible for us to login.

Tried getting support but I was just met with some stock answer that fixed absolutely nothing and could have came up with myself.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    akballa wrote: »
    Ridiculous... been able to play 1/10 of the time. I just dropped 80$ on a game I can't even play. Where do I go about getting a refund on my digital copy? This is beyond infuriating, if you're going to release a game you should make it somewhat playable. Me and my friend both get the same error making it impossible for us to login.

Tried getting support but I was just met with some stock answer that fixed absolutely nothing and could have came up with myself.
    Hi. Can you check out and post if needed to the existing thread for this 'Unknown Error' problem.

There is some detail there for this error which is wide spread across all platforms. It's worth checking the Customer Service and PC Tech Support forums also for any suggested fix.

If you and your friend are in the same place then it could well be a network issue. Try shutting down the computer, rebooting the rooter and ensuring that all firewalls on your Mac and router are disabled while you test to see if that is an issue.
  • akballa
    akballa
    I use a shared router and therefor it is not available for my discretion. I've checked high and low and found no good fix, just some things to "try" that all failed.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a shared router and therefor it is not available for my discretion. I've checked high and low and found no good fix, just some things to "try" that all failed.
    If you don't have access to the router or network and can get it checked then unfortunately you will need
    to continue to post a support ticket and reply to their email responses to make sure it is not forgotten in the busy times right now.

Without being able to check this and you have tried the other options I'm afraid it can;t really help on this.
  • akballa
    akballa
    So... I have been sold a product that doesn't work. Can I get a refund? Who do I talk to about getting a refund?
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    @akballa depends on where you bought it but I believe your problems are on your end with your network. If you give us more information about what your network situation is we may be able to provide more things to try. Also, and maybe you did this in another thread so forgive if you did - explain the exact time and what is happening when you get the error.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... I have been sold a product that doesn't work. Can I get a refund? Who do I talk to about getting a refund?
    Make a Ticket via Support page and explain the situation and ask them what to do. It may be that it is still something that can be fixed. If not they should be able to give you the best advice.
  • akballa
    akballa
    @akballa depends on where you bought it but I believe your problems are on your end with your network. If you give us more information about what your network situation is we may be able to provide more things to try. Also, and maybe you did this in another thread so forgive if you did - explain the exact time and what is happening when you get the error.

Your trying to put the blame where it doesn't belong. Please look around there are tons of threads about the constant "Unknown Error". You really think it's all their fault? Like I mentioned above, I'm in college and my router is shared by many people, therefor I am not able to access and change things. I get the error 9 times out of 10 logging on, and when I am able to log on, I am kicked out whenever I switch maps.

Moonraker wrote: »
    Make a Ticket via Support page and explain the situation and ask them what to do. It may be that it is still something that can be fixed. If not they should be able to give you the best advice.

Oh I did, and was met with advice almost identical to yours; my little brother could have came up with similar things. Maybe instead of dodging my question and referring me to some other forum, you could answer my question.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

Your trying to put the blame where it doesn't belong. Please look around there are tons of threads about the constant "Unknown Error". You really think it's all their fault? Like I mentioned above, I'm in college and my router is shared by many people, therefor I am not able to access and change things. I get the error 9 times out of 10 logging on, and when I am able to log on, I am kicked out whenever I switch maps.

Moonraker wrote: »

Oh I did, and was met with advice almost identical to yours; my little brother could have came up with similar things. Maybe instead of dodging my question and referring me to some other forum, you could answer my question.
    @akballa We have offered advice for that issue. I would suggest to contact you college network Tech Support with the ports to open which may work as it has for others. Or, put the question to Zenimax direct for an official reply. You wont get one directly here in a public forum.