Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NA PC] Why do people choose to play in horrendous lag over playing in Shor?

• Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Just spent a couple of hours in Shor tonight (my home campaign) and while i agree that there generally isn't much lag i had trouble with abilities not firing all night.

At one point i was up on a keep wall trying to attack 3 enemy players that had setup siege outside and all my char did was wiggle spastically as the attack animation interrupted itself constantly.
    They were right in front of me and of course *their* attacks landed just fine, but i couldn't even get my ultimate to fire.

It was like that all night, just horrible, but hey, at least there wasn't any lag ...
    headbang.gif

The latency has been much worse for the past 3weeks. I don't know what they did exactly but they made a drastic change that impacted performances badly. Last Saturday, without even exagerating, I could spend 10-12 seconds spamming one skill and I would see my character doing half of the animation and failing over and over and over again.

And this is why a hotfix (something pushed on the server without a maintenance) should be mentioned in the patch notes no matter what so players providing feedback could make the relation with a recent change.

With almost no Zenimax employee actively pvping, it makes such things much harder to comprehend and the longer it stays unfixed, the harder it is to associate what the problem was originally.

ZOS has a tendancy to neglect live server maintenance during PTS cycles. For the last year, it seems that while the PTS is active, the lag on the live server just gets worse without really getting any better.

Some of this is anecdotal, sure, but remember back when we had weekly maintenance? It was at least more bearable then.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there maintenance yesterday?

@LeifErickson I never said they completely disregard it. But instead of weekly maintenance, we end up with maintenance once one 5-6 weeks.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Those 20+ man groups that always claim it's not fun to chase random players will still chase you all over the map in Vivec, too, spamming CCs until you get stunlocked. But at least you have a chance of running into a friendly group coming the other way. :cold_sweat:

Sure. Gotta make sure you arent running away to set up a camp :)

OH NO THEY ARE GOING TO SET UP A CAMP FOR THEIR ONE (maybe two, the could be popular) FRIEND

Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Those 20+ man groups that always claim it's not fun to chase random players will still chase you all over the map in Vivec, too, spamming CCs until you get stunlocked. But at least you have a chance of running into a friendly group coming the other way. :cold_sweat:

Sure. Gotta make sure you arent running away to set up a camp :)

OH NO THEY ARE GOING TO SET UP A CAMP FOR THEIR ONE (maybe two, the could be popular) FRIEND

Heh. Usually if I'm chasing one player, its because they are running away from a keep we defended - hence the camp bit - or they tried to gank somebody in our group.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

I know, there's crazy stuff like that in sports too. Like, I'm trying to score a goal and the opposition ACTUALLY TRIES TO STOP ME!!! WTF.
    Edited by zyk on October 2, 2018 8:52PM
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    enzoisadog wrote: »
    They care about the campaign. Thats the only reason.

That's why I don't go to shor, I want to win in vivec. It lags in prime time of course. But I play early mornings and late nights mostly. So I don't lag much in vivec, unless it's a weekend. But enzo for the win. I wanna win my home campaign.