Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transmutation Stones

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't know where else to put this post but @ZOS_GinaBruno you guys really need to add transmutation stones to the crown store. It is extremely painful running the daily pledges and or waiting on the 30 day campaigns to end. Yesterday, I ran the daily pledge and received 1 stone from normal and 2 stones from the vet reward on hard mode. Running the pledges was even more painful now that you can only allow 1 role to be selected. Previously, I could perform all three roles and normally find a group instantaneously. Now, that you can only select 1 role I sat in a que for 10 minutes. Maybe even longer, I think I fell asleep at my keyboard until I heard the ding.That's ridiculous. Even more so, I only received a total of 3 stones for my effort. So either up the number of stones rewarded from pledges or add it into the crown store. I don't see it as p2w. Actually, if given quick access to stones, if anything, it enhances our ability to theory craft. I want to test out a nirnhoned setup vice charged but I have to wait 15 days for the campaign to be over? or slog my way through pledge content that gives 3 stones a day? People would buy this stuff making you money.
Edited by LegacyDM on September 29, 2018 6:49PM
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I just don't theory craft enough, because I PVP regularly enough that I'm swimming in transmute stones from Rewards for the Worthy and the end of campaign rewards.

ZOS intends for transmutation to be a fairly rare thing we do as an alternative to grinding endless times for the set piece we need.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 29, 2018 7:04PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this would be considered as a pay to win situation by many so is very unlikely to happen
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this would be considered as a pay to win situation by many so is very unlikely to happen

I don't think so and here is why. If ZOS stands behind their balancing decisions for all weapon and jewelry traits how is it paid to win? In PvP, Sharpened, Infused, and Nirnhoned are all within the margin of error for putting out similar damage and it really comes down to build design on what you want to run. There is no one trait that is far superior to others. Everyone has access to the same traits, but some sooner than others if they want to pay for it. I'm currently running a very niche charged shock enchant. However, I want to try something else, but am resigned to have to wait 15 days for the campaign to end or slog it out in the dailies which I have no desire to run anymore. It's not fun for me. Been there done that. I would pay ZOS $ to buy transmutation stones to try out a new infused build i'm excited about in pvp. But alas my excitement has worn off and thinking of playing another game and coming back in 15 days.
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 29, 2018 11:01PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're regularly playing PvP why are you conveniently leaving out the Rewards of the Worthy transmute stones from your discussion?

It's a guaranteed 4 stones per day ... with the chance of more geodes depending on how many RoTW coffers you obtain during the PvP session.

Today, I opened a non-daily RoTW geode that had 25 stones.

If you're regularly playing PvP, you should not have any issues accumulating stones on top of PvE and end of campaign rewards.

Quit trying to pull a fast one on everyone.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

I don't think so and here is why. If ZOS stands behind their balancing decisions for all weapon and jewelry traits how is it paid to win? In PvP, Sharpened, Infused, and Nirnhoned are all within the margin of error for putting out similar damage and it really comes down to build design on what you want to run. There is no one trait that is far superior to others. Everyone has access to the same traits, but some sooner than others if they want to pay for it. I'm currently running a very niche charged shock enchant. However, I want to try something else, but am resigned to have to wait 15 days for the campaign to end or slog it out in the dailies which I have no desire to run anymore. It's not fun for me. Been there done that. I would pay ZOS $ to buy transmutation stones to try out a new infused build i'm excited about in pvp. But alas my excitement has worn off and thinking of playing another game and coming back in 15 days.

HAHAHA this is a great argument... I love it and agree completely!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're regularly playing PvP why are you conveniently leaving out the Rewards of the Worthy transmute stones from your discussion?

It's a guaranteed 4 stones per day ... with the chance of more geodes depending on how many RoTW coffers you obtain during the PvP session.

If you're regularly playing PvP, you should not have any issues accumulating stones on top of PvE and end of campaign rewards.

Like I said above, I'm swimming in transmute stones thanks to Rewards of the Worthy. I opened 40 of them today (stacked up from about two weeks of PVP) and got 48 stones from them all.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow we found the 1 guy that can dps, tank and heal properly all the vet DLC Dngns... The change is fine because every time we got some templar or other class as a replacement claiming to be a tank, well it was a huge fail. All max CP and all had to say wait let me change my armor and bars lol . its a great change!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let’s see I will play devils advocate on this one.
    ZOS is trying for balance, but there not there yet.
    For armor you want devines, infused and impenetrable for most dps or healing builds.
    So putting the stones for sale in the crown store would allow someone to have there armor upgraded to the meta without playing the game for the ability to do this
    For weapon trait nirncrux is now one of the top traits and trans is the only way to get there so same problem, upgrade to meta without game play
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They added stones as an alternative method to get the trait you want and there are plenty of ways to get them easy enough if you put in the time. Its not meant as a replacement to grinding for gear just a supplement.

Just be glad they are easily available because many of us had to grind for months even years before trans stones to get the traits we wanted.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, hold on guy. No i was including ROTW. It was implied. You don't need to go all out forum warrior on me and accusing me of pulling a fast one. What ever that even means. I legitimately am advocating for this feature. All I do now is pvp. I mastered PvE a long time ago and don't want to deal with the new group forming mechanics which is now just as bad as BGs.

I can only play an hour a day during the week and a few hours on weekends. I am currently low on stones and based on how much I pvp its going to be a few weeks before getting 50 stones.

Like I said above, I'm swimming in transmute stones thanks to Rewards of the Worthy. I opened 40 of them today (stacked up from about two weeks of PVP) and got 48 stones from them all.

That's cool. However, I don't want to wait 2 weeks to theorcraft my build idea and test it out in PvP.
    Ramber wrote: »
    Wow we found the 1 guy that can dps, tank and heal properly all the vet DLC Dngns... The change is fine because every time we got some templar or other class as a replacement claiming to be a tank, well it was a huge fail. All max CP and all had to say wait let me change my armor and bars lol . its a great change!

Sarcasm noted. It's not hard. In fact I've never been in a pug where I've ever experienced the issues people complain about in the forum. You know why? Because I learned the mechanics and made builds that can carry most inept teams in all of the base game vet pledges (white gold tower, ICP, and DLCs) excluded. I'm glad you like the change. But the way I see it is either fix your build or join a guild to complete the content hassle free. Regardless, it's neither here nor there because ZOS catered to the inept pugs and the result is waiting 10-30 min for a simple pledge. Resulting in spending 10-30 minutes running a dungeon for a reward of 2 stones.
    Let’s see I will play devils advocate on this one.
    ZOS is trying for balance, but there not there yet.
    For armor you want devines, infused and impenetrable for most dps or healing builds.
    So putting the stones for sale in the crown store would allow someone to have there armor upgraded to the meta without playing the game for the ability to do this
    For weapon trait nirncrux is now one of the top traits and trans is the only way to get there so same problem, upgrade to meta without game play

This may be true, but then if it is true than ZOS doesn't have confidence in their balance. I can live with that as a reason. as @Emma_Overload indicated while choking on her coffee when reading my argument :)

Maybe then as a compromise. Instead of crown store up the number of stones in pledges? 2 or so seems very weak.
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 30, 2018 1:08AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can agree with a jump in the number for pledges,you get as a minimum 4 with a ROTW from PvP
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know where else to put this post but @ZOS_GinaBruno you guys really need to add transmutation stones to the crown store. It is extremely painful running the daily pledges and or waiting on the 30 day campaigns to end. Yesterday, I ran the daily pledge and received 1 stone from normal and 2 stones from the vet reward on hard mode. Running the pledges was even more painful now that you can only allow 1 role to be selected. Previously, I could perform all three roles and normally find a group instantaneously. Now, that you can only select 1 role I sat in a que for 10 minutes. Maybe even longer, I think I fell asleep at my keyboard until I heard the ding.That's ridiculous. Even more so, I only received a total of 3 stones for my effort. So either up the number of stones rewarded from pledges or add it into the crown store. I don't see it as p2w. Actually, if given quick access to stones, if anything, it enhances our ability to theory craft. I want to test out a nirnhoned setup vice charged but I have to wait 15 days for the campaign to be over? or slog my way through pledge content that gives 3 stones a day? People would buy this stuff making you money.

Pay to win
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don’t need to add the to the crown store, they need to add a chance of transmute crystals to non-PvP, non-group content so it can actually be obtained by those of us who do neither of those with any regularity. Or, they need to get rid of how traits were implemented in jewelry and let all sets drop in all traits.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Or, they need to get rid of how traits were implemented in jewelry and let all sets drop in all traits.

This won’t be an option until June 2019 ... assuming jewelry crafting becomes part of the base game at that time. No guarantees on that.

Because you have to own Summerset to do jewelry crafting currently ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 1, 2018 11:31PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For starters there is opening a daily reward for the worthy. That is probably best daily action that can be taken. You already collected a bunch of them while working on the 30 PVP campaign reward.

On a weekly basis there is the Trial leaderboards and if that is not your speed just do the normal trials for the weekly coffers. 5 stones each.

Alcast has a good list on his site linked below.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-transmutation-system-guide/
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    Get all 15 characters to tier 1 in cyrodiil. That way you can get 750 stones per month.That's average 1 transmute per 2 days.
    Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
    Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, they need to get rid of how traits were implemented in jewelry and let all sets drop in all traits.

This won’t be an option until June 2019 ... assuming jewelry crafting becomes part of the base game at that time. No guarantees on that.

Because you have to own Summerset to do jewelry crafting currently ...

I don't think they'll change it even if jewelry crafting goes base game. They made most of the traits deliberately difficult to get to encourage players to do a wider variety of content, I wager. Not sure how well that worked out in practice. Mostly, I just find it annoying. Jewelry crafting has basically been one big disappointment for me. I bought Summerset because I love questing/story content, but if I had been looking for a legitimate crafting expansion? Yeah, nope.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    This might or might not help in your situation, so just take it as free advice. If you are looking to see if a set will work in theory without having to spend the time on resource gathering/getting the set pieces/transmutes, try hopping on the PTS. Every 2 weeks, your toon will load into the pts (every two weeks it will be loaded from the other server, but you can load a template which will give you anything you could possibly want) and you can test it there. You can get free transmute tokens, dummies, really whatever you could want to test it. You can get the gear items you want for free and use the dummies to test if the gear functions as you wanted, check the sustain, proc rate, dps, hps, etc etc. In my experience you are limited in most group content due to not easily finding other players, but if you just want to see if nirnhoned will do more damage than sharpened or precise, you can pretty easily check that without having to go through the slog of changing triats back and forth on a hard to get item.

One issue is that the pts will load with proposed changes to gear sets. So, for example, if you are testing a sorc out right now its shields would be much lower than live.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can get more then enough Transmutation stones in game by just playing the game, so many players are so lazy these days...
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many players are so lazy these days...

Been playing since launch in 2014. Have 183 days played. Ran two characters to VR15 when levels required millions of XP. I never cheated when everyone else was taking advantage of the craglorn xp glitches running back and forth between spawn points. Ran cyrodil quests over and over to make gold. Completed all dungeons on hard vet mode minus trials. Completed most of the DLC content and all of the base game. Completed one Tamriel on 2 characters just to get the achievement. Currently, Level 46 in Cyrodil almost 47.

I served in the military immediately after 911, work 2 jobs, have single family income and support a wife with 2 kids and a mortgage.

All i suggested was a way to earn more stones in a reasonable amount of time for theory crafting. Shouldn't even be an issue if ZOS believes all traits are fairly balanced within an acceptable margin of error. I even came to the conclusion that a good compromise would be to increase the reward from pledges.

Thank you for your kind words... I maybe a lot of things, but lazy I am not.
    Edited by LegacyDM on October 4, 2018 5:01AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get more then enough Transmutation stones in game by just playing the game...

No, you can’t - you have to play very specific pieces of content to get any. That’s the problem.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get more then enough Transmutation stones in game by just playing the game, so many players are so lazy these days...

Lazy has nothing to do with it. Some of us are happy to grind for our loot. Transmute crystals, however, are locked behind activities that can only be done once per day. It's not possible to grind a lot of these in a hurry, you're forced to wait for days or even weeks no matter how hard you are willing to work.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort. Damn how much gear changing you doin?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort. Damn how much gear changing you doin?

Decided to try out Trainee set recently. Boom, that's 250 right there, because that set only comes in Training trait. It's easy to go through Transmute crystals if you're always experimenting with new builds.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp for the best source of transmutation stones. Do Cyrodiil dailies. Engage in pvp ... rack up those alliance points. ROTW will include a transmutation crystal (or whatever it's called) ... when you crack it open it usually gives you 5-20 or more transmutation stones (per day). The more RWOTW you get in a day the more likely it is that one of them will contain a second transmutation crystal for you to crack open. At the end of the campaign you usually get another 50 transmutation stones.

If you are on pc then go to the pts server and make a new toon. Your new toon's inventory will include an unlimited supply of transmutation stones (good if you just want to theory craft).
    Edited by Maryal on October 8, 2018 9:22AM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy extra character slot.
    Buy horsetraining lessons: backpack.
    Buy Backpackupgrades for gold.
    Now u have a storage char for uncracked geodes from pvp mails.

Not a great workaround for the cap, but allows u to stack up stones in advance. (max 10k/storage alt if u only save the 30day end of campaign ones)
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort.

It is a huge effort when your typical gaming sessions involves questing, world bosses, exploration, and crafting. In other words, it's a huge effort if you only play solo content. Crystals only drop from group content - and specific ways of doing group content, at that. It needs to be looked at.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m testing out the weapon traits doing a comparison between sharpened, nirn, infused, and charged. I’m also testing status effects to see what is bis. I also want to test divine vs impen on armor. In order to get a good test I need to use for a period of performance in cyrodil. I only play 1 character because I’m really trying hard to hit GO with my limited amount of time to play. I’m not one of these people that’s on 12-15 hours a day swimming in everything.
    Maryal wrote: »
    Pvp for the best source of transmutation stones. Do Cyrodiil dailies. Engage in pvp ... rack up those alliance points. ROTW will include a transmutation crystal (or whatever it's called) ... when you crack it open it usually gives you 5-20 or more transmutation stones (per day). The more RWOTW you get in a day the more likely it is that one of them will contain a second transmutation crystal for you to crack open. At the end of the campaign you usually get another 50 transmutation stones.

If you are on pc then go to the pts server and make a new toon. Your new toon's inventory will include an unlimited supply of transmutation stones (good if you just want to theory craft).

PTS is a good idea

The RNG gods haven’t favored me recently. I’m going through a stone drought with my RWOTW. I opened 20 recently and only received 4 stones. I ran 2 pledges and received 3 stones. Battlegrounds doesn’t even offer stones as a reward.

I don’t know. I thought the community would appreciate if stones were easier to get for everyone. So everyone could “play the way they want” at least if not in crown stores make them better for pledges and add to BGs
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not swimming in stones by now? It's easy enough to get 500 a month without huge effort.

It is a huge effort when your typical gaming sessions involves questing, world bosses, exploration, and crafting.

A lot of players (including myself) will counter your argument by indicating transmute stones aren’t really needed for these types of content. Solo content is much more forgiving in terms of the gear you can run ... with one exception being vMA. In other words, random traits on gear works in solo content without much difficulty.

That said, skipping content that offers the best transmute stone rewards isn’t anyone else’s problem ... especially not ZOS’s.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is a good idea

Don’t waste your hard-earned resources on Live theorycrafting. Do it on PTS where these resources are free. ;)