Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Did It - Another I beat VMA thread

Acharnor
Acharnor
✭✭✭✭
Apologies but I had to shout it from the rooftops that I finally beat VMA. It was a long journey for me filled with many what I thought to be insurmountable walls where I would abandon the place literally for months. I had sat at the last round for probably 4 without returning. Then I heard about the changes to Sorc shields and I got scared that I would never finish it. It lit a fire - I watched more videos, analyzed Joy's guide, changed some gear, golded it out and screwed up my courage. I found I could make it through the intro rounds so much easier and once I committed the steps to memory I beat that ***. I was elated for the whole day. my son was sitting beside me - nice knuckle bump moment.

So, there is hope for the rest of you for truly if I have finally completed it you can too.

And as they say it is easier the next time. I made it back to the final round same day. Had forgotten how much I hated the Champion of Atrocity level!!! Honestly she was the hardest thing.

One small piece of advice about the last round. Once you smoke the Creamatorial guard and chase the boss up top stick to the inner part of the ring. When you get nailed and knocked backwards you have a better chance of not falling back down below and you can keep DPSing the crystals.

Good luck all!!
Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! It always feels easier the next times.

I think I spend a good hour doing long sighs after I beat it the first time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I got a Lightning staff drop too - Just what I wanted. Not sure about using it but I am sure some new up and coming toon will love it.
    Edited by Acharnor on September 24, 2018 12:45PM
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH!! CONGRATS!!!!
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtg
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Apologies but I had to shout it from the rooftops that I finally beat VMA. It was a long journey for me filled with many what I thought to be insurmountable walls where I would abandon the place literally for months. I had sat at the last round for probably 4 without returning. Then I heard about the changes to Sorc shields and I got scared that I would never finish it. It lit a fire - I watched more videos, analyzed Joy's guide, changed some gear, golded it out and screwed up my courage. I found I could make it through the intro rounds so much easier and once I committed the steps to memory I beat that ***. I was elated for the whole day. my son was sitting beside me - nice knuckle bump moment.

So, there is hope for the rest of you for truly if I have finally completed it you can too.

And as they say it is easier the next time. I made it back to the final round same day. Had forgotten how much I hated the Champion of Atrocity level!!! Honestly she was the hardest thing.

One small piece of advice about the last round. Once you smoke the Creamatorial guard and chase the boss up top stick to the inner part of the ring. When you get nailed and knocked backwards you have a better chance of not falling back down below and you can keep DPSing the crystals.

Good luck all!!

As long as you make sure you're behind a pillar when she does that (It's very telegraphed) you won't get knocked at all!

Grats on the clear.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭

As long as you make sure you're behind a pillar when she does that (It's very telegraphed) you won't get knocked at all!

Grats on the clear.

You can also just block the skull and you won't get knocked. Or if you have lots of stamina you can dodge it. Just remember the boss will do the first skull after the first meteor and then summon the first wall for the explosion you have to hide behind. Afterwards the boss will summon 2 skulls before he summons the wall for the explosion.

EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I did it again. Got a bow. It wasn't a fluke.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats!!!
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I remember the first time I finished vmsa on my stamblade I opened a bottle of Jägermeister and drank half of it :lol:
    After 2 stacks of soul gems, about 7h and 600 potions and a awful headache I did it at that time, 2 years ago(est don't pin me down here)
    So now it's time to aim 4 flawless conquered? ;-)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats !
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! So now it's time to aim 4 flawless conquered? ;-)

I used to think it was impossible for me to beat VMA. I really really really believe that it would be impossible for me to do that one. The pain, the suffering, the poison plants! OMG.

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gratz! I did it too this w/e myself. Did stages 1-7 on friday night, then 8 and 9 until last boss on saturday. Died countless times on that ***. Had to quit. Crafted a gold heavy chest to go 5-2 instead of 6-1 and finally beat him in sunday pm after other countless deaths. My gf had to take out my daughter cuz she didnt like me swearing next to her :p .

I got a sword and an axe :/

Did it on a magblade and I think I'll grind another 50-100 cp before I try again.
    XBox One - NA
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is wonderful! Grats!! <3 Also, grats for getting the drop you wanted! B)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Gratz! I did it too this w/e myself. Did stages 1-7 on friday night, then 8 and 9 until last boss on saturday. Died countless times on that ***. Had to quit. Crafted a gold heavy chest to go 5-2 instead of 6-1 and finally beat him in sunday pm after other countless deaths. My gf had to take out my daughter cuz she didnt like me swearing next to her :p .

Did it on a magblade and I think I'll grind another 50-100 cp before I try again.

I have maxed CP and I needed everyone of them. I don't have the twitchy fingers and reflexes of some. My initial forays into MA saw me swearing much more and wanting to crush my controller. Once I came back at it and could get past the Creamatorial Guard in the opening round with the boss I knew I was so close and was able to stay chill. Till I had him under a 100k health then I started losing it.

• md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    So whats your build? I'm trying on a PetSorc CP 480ish and I can't put enough DPS on the boss/crystals. I end up spending all my resourses to stay alive. I'm running Valkyn Skoria, Necropetence, and Infallible Mage.
    vFG1 HM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    So whats your build? I'm trying on a PetSorc CP 480ish and I can't put enough DPS on the boss/crystals. I end up spending all my resourses to stay alive. I'm running Valkyn Skoria, Necropetence, and Infallible Mage.

I ran Necropotence and Spinners along with Grothdar monster set, though Illabris could be really good for that stage. For me the key was to put down an AOE on the crystal and then heavy attack with my lightning staff and keep moving so I did not get knocked off with the skull (pets will also attack it). The longer you can stay up top without getting knocked down the more likely you will do it. I stuck to the inner part of the circle so even if I got hit I was more often than not still on the upper ring. And as you gain the awareness of when/where the walls that form and circle for you to hide behind when he tries to blast you off with the explosion the better it will go.

I am not a high dps player. Slow and steady won the race for me up top. Once you make it back down you should be able to do it.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and keep that shield up! with only laying down the aoe and heavy attacking you should have magicka to get you through. But if there are too many Holy *** moments requiring burst heals and new shields you can drain it quickly.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just a friendly suggestion, but instead of grinding out more CP (which will make a small, yet tangible difference), give soloing a few dungeons a try! Learning to handle things with no help is of more use than the ~2% extra stats you'll get from CP, imo.

As a bonus, while you're soloing your way through dungeons, you'll also be earning that CP anyway, so...
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Just a friendly suggestion, but instead of grinding out more CP (which will make a small, yet tangible difference), give soloing a few dungeons a try! Learning to handle things with no help is of more use than the ~2% extra stats you'll get from CP, imo.

As a bonus, while you're soloing your way through dungeons, you'll also be earning that CP anyway, so...

And it can be good to take a break from that place.

• md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    After reading your post I jumped back in and gave it a shot. I finished round 9 without a death and only using two sigils at the end. Once I finished the crystals, I grabbed defense and power, interuppted the bosses attack and dropped everything I had on him. Completely ignored every add and only grabbed gold ghosts. Ended up grabbing the final gold ghost when he was about 10%. Was able to finish him off uncontested.

I used what I had in the bank.

wC6uVcq.jpg
    vFG1 HM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    SWEEEEET - Gratz. Could you hardly believe it?
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those ghosts are key at the end!
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Thx for the advice, but are group dungeons rly soloable as something else than pet sorc? I was under the impression that group dungeons were way harder than vMA because the bosses were hitting harder since they are designed to hit tanks.

On the other hand, I've been doing quests in Crag for the first time since last week and I can manage group delves pretty well. Are group dungeons difficulty comparable to group delves in Crag?
    XBox One - NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

I have maxed CP and I needed everyone of them. I don't have the twitchy fingers and reflexes of some. My initial forays into MA saw me swearing much more and wanting to crush my controller. Once I came back at it and could get past the Creamatorial Guard in the opening round with the boss I knew I was so close and was able to stay chill. Till I had him under a 100k health then I started losing it.
    The Crem Guard with the boss and the healer was by far the hardest part for me. There was so much *** going on at the same time I could never remember to dodge the damn skull. Or I was hugging the boss too close and died from standing in stupid. Or ran into 2 white ghosts while circling that damn Crem Guard.
    I only saw the crystals about 10 times before I cleared it, but died before at least 100 times.
    XBox One - NA
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    congratz.

I remember when i first beat vMA. it was after WEEKS of trying, over many different characters. i had to take so many breaks on the final round to go take out my frustrations on the poor pugs in cyrodiil. When i finally beat it I spent almost 2 hours relaxing at the wayshrine going "did that just happen? im not dreaming?"

not gonna lie, i got so salty when i tried it the next time and beat it inside of 2 hours. "i spent weeks on this?!"
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭

The Crem Guard with the boss and the healer was by far the hardest part for me. There was so much *** going on at the same time I could never remember to dodge the damn skull. Or I was hugging the boss too close and died from standing in stupid. Or ran into 2 white ghosts while circling that damn Crem Guard.
    I only saw the crystals about 10 times before I cleared it, but died before at least 100 times.

Watching a video where I saw someone follow a step by step of that first section is what got me through, dodging the skull, interrupting the boss, dropping the ult - it became so second nature. I got to a point that I could even get past it without the ult sometimes......sometimes!

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watching a video where I saw someone follow a step by step of that first section is what got me through, dodging the skull, interrupting the boss, dropping the ult - it became so second nature. I got to a point that I could even get past it without the ult sometimes......sometimes!
    You have a link to that video?
    XBox One - NA
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good job! :grin:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.