Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addon for combat cues?

Tizerak
Tizerak
✭✭✭
I have the hardest time seeing the cue colors from enemy "heavy attacks" the yellow just blends in with everything and it makes it hard for my eyes to recognize. Same with ground AoEs the red works but when other things are on the floor (I have friendly AoE turned off) plus on certain floors it makes it hard to see. Is there an addon that lets you change the colors &/or make them more vibrant?
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    There are in-game settings for combat cues under the gameplay menu. You can change the hue and brightness there, just set custom colours to on.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    If you're still struggling at recognizing incoming events - you could also try LUI Extended's Combat Text component - I'm working on (and I should mention its heavily WIP - all manual data entry) a notification system for incoming abilities. It's similar to the "Dodge/Block/Interrupt" etc warnings you get by the default UI but I've expanded it to show the ability name, icon, support for source, etc...

I find changing your "red circle" telegraph color to something more obnoxious definitely helps seeing area of effect danger - but a lot of the actual animation cues or visual effects on the character model are pretty hard to follow sometimes (especially with a lot going on).

To actually address your initial question -too addon developer's don't have a way to modify the visual models in the world (including the particle effects for combat cues and effects on NPC's).
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't Tamriel Tactical Foundry give you the "Block NOW!" text?
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Doesn't Tamriel Tactical Foundry give you the "Block NOW!" text?

Some addons had this feature but I would have thought it would no longer work after last update? Or did they just disable that in pvp?
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Combat tips like block/dodge/exploit etc are an unrelated event triggered by certain abilities. But no player abilities trigger the event as far as I know
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like some adding have a problem with 'block now' but are OK with the other effects. The only way you can reliably see 'block now' is the built in combat tips, unfortunately.

Bit annoying as I can't turn off the combat effects enough to see the heavy attack all the time. vs 1 mob, it's fine. vs multiple, it's not.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the red aoe effect, turn the brightness to maximum under gameplay settings. It makes a huge difference.