The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about decorating the outdoors with trees

Banegrivm
Banegrivm
✭✭
My guild and I were looking at getting the Daggerfall Overlook as a guild hall. I noticed that there were some rather colorful trees outside. Is there a way to change those trees at all? Can they be removed or can you change them or decorate over top of them? I've been researching this and couldn't find an answer or suggestions anywhere, so here I am.
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the trees can be removed or shifted if you wish, I personally moved them all up onto the hill behind the stable and barn and created myself a ‘hidden’ shrine to hircine within the trees
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on October 1, 2018 2:37AM
  • Banegrivm
    Banegrivm
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I really appreciate you giving me the 411. This is all new to me as I'm a returning player from 2014.
    Edited by Banegrivm on October 1, 2018 2:47AM
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome :smile: just be careful with some houses, I think some houses may have some immoveable features. Always better to ask here about these things before committing to a purchase :smile:

Also word of warning about the overlook’s water area, there’s a Slaughterfish boundary before the large rock that sticks out so maybe advise people not to go swimming... or at least not to swim too far.... personally I built a wall around the safe area (yes I made the slaughterfish pay for it :smiley: ) it’s a small area of water but it’s still nice and large enough for some creative ideas
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on October 1, 2018 3:04AM
  • Banegrivm
    Banegrivm
    ✭✭
    Strange my first reply to you didn't show up. We're planning on RPing our guild as a bunch of inquisitors. We don't do anything without meaning so maybe we can use the slaughterfish to despose off those we interrogate... or maybe use them as a means of execution hahaha. We were looking at the Overlook but just didn't want to have it being too bright and shiny being a an army of inquisitors.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea I suppose the fish boundary could be used for that.... I personally tend to leave corpses of my enemies hanging from the walls... I mean uh nothing there’s no hanging corpses in my castle.... definitely no torture room on the upper floor.... *closes the curtains on the upper floor* :smiley:

But yea fear not, you can move/remove pretty much every thing that’s not part of one of the buildings in the overlook (except for the fountain, can’t do anything to the fountain except maybe cover it or put a statue in the centre or something) :smile:
  • Banegrivm
    Banegrivm
    ✭✭
    What good are the bodies? We're a little old school. We prefer our enemies heads on pikes. ;) Hahaha.

We just wanted things a little gothy for what we were doing for our RP. The bright trees when you walk in are a little much for that.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight