The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kill 40 players quest -almost undoable for healers

Alamakot
Alamakot
✭✭✭
As it seems, that only killing blow matters. One can do every other daily Gladiator quest doing no damage at all, just supporting other players.
I'm trying to do as much damage as possible -but this is not my main task as pvp healer. For example, today I got only 3/40 during almost 2 hours at campaign. So it seems I must play about 2 weeks to complete just one DAILY quest.

Zeni, think about it, please
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the big scores against enemy players are made during sieges,so grap some oils for above doors
    and then catapults for the inside keep part
    guarantee, you make it within the hour
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just drop an ult like Nova or Destro at a breach during a siege. You'll have the quest complete before the siege ends.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    the big scores against enemy players are made during sieges,so grap some oils for above doors
    and then catapults for the inside keep part
    guarantee, you make it within the hour

TBF that is rather limiting.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killing blows dont matter. If you play in group, give up on this quest or play alone.

It is bugged and just someone gets the kill credited (even if they just touched the enemy). Unless that someone (or anyone else that is getting credit over you) stops touching enemies you wont ever get credit.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 26, 2018 9:39PM
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest has been bugged as long as it's been around. It's easy to do solo, and fills up the same as 20 players. In groups, it doesn't go up at all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its doable on my healer, as long as I'm solo or in a small group.

Playing Solo, I get credit for any enemy killed that I damaged. Even just light attacks.
    Small group, I get credit randomly.
    Large group, I get almost no credit.

This is exactly the same on my stam warden DD as well. Solo, I get all the credit for enemies I damage. In a large group I dont get credit even for killing blows.

In short, the quest is bugged for larger groups, which is a shame when Cyrodiil is supposed to be for groups of 2 to 24 players.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be heal 40 players, anyway...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Well, when I play dd, can (sometimes) do all this quest within 20 minutes of intensive fight.

I usually play within my Guild group, most often not large. Today we were 8 ppl when I logged to Cyro, later on 3-4. And I got only those 3 kills.
    Now I'm solo, so I moved counter to 16/40, with some more offensive skills slotted.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be a pure Healer as I heal alot (but also mix in a fair deal of DPS during group play) and fill this quest up very rapidly...

Make sure to mix in at least Purifying Light on as many enemies as possible (and an AoE you can sneak in would do wonders) and you should be fine...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 27, 2018 1:00AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be heal 40 players, anyway...

They should have some like "Do X amount of healing/damage done/damage taken" quests.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao play a dps? :smile:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesnt help if I'm playing in a large group.

I can get killing blows and not get credit for it if I'm in a large group. Solo, I can get credit for it if I hit the player with a light attack and they die to someone else.

Its not playing a DD or a healer. Its just messed up for larger groups.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭

I can get killing blows and not get credit for it if I'm in a large group. Solo, I can get credit for it if I hit the player with a light attack and they die to someone else.

The less ppl you play w the more of a chance to get the killing blow. So play in a smaller group?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm I don’t know what you’re doing wrong but tonight I took my level 12 stamblade with 1.3k weapon damage in white training gear into Vicec and every player that I tagged with a siege or light attack I got credit towards the kill 40 players quest. I didn’t get a single KB the entire time I was playing. In less than an hour I completed the quest and unlocked vigor.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least you can get the quest try not having them at all -.-
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To all above... its not related to damn killing blows.

The game picks who gets the credit and there is no way you go around it as long as that person has any claim on the credit (by doing damage). Saying you are getting credit easily, often, randomly, sometimes in small group or big group or alone has absolutely no meaning.

If game prefers (by unknown metrics) someone else over you that someone will get the credit (if they deal at least some damage) no matter how many people are in the group or how many damage you dealt or even if they have the quest or not.
    You have NO control other than avoiding people that get credit over you.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 27, 2018 10:00AM
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Quest is bugged/poorly implemented with how it determines credit in groups. Best advice to finish it easily is to go solo, find a fight and start tossing AOEs around (with siege or with skills)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The less ppl you play w the more of a chance to get the killing blow. So play in a smaller group?

Are you failing to read what I wrote? I can get the killing blow in a large group and still not get any credit! On my own, I merely have to damage a player to get credit, no killing blow required.

Maybe you just dont play with add-ons. I do, and so I know when I get a killing blow even in a large group and I know when I dont get any credit for it.

Killing blows have nothing to do with it. This quest is not giving credit correctly in large groups.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you failing to read what I wrote? I can get the killing blow in a large group and still not get any credit! On my own, I merely have to damage a player to get credit, no killing blow required.

Maybe you just dont play with add-ons. I do, and so I know when I get a killing blow even in a large group and I know when I dont get any credit for it.

Killing blows have nothing to do with it. This quest is not giving credit correctly in large groups.

Yeah I am with Varanis - it's gotta be bugged. I was with my guildies and was down to one last player. We stealthed at a resource we just took and they let me run out to kill the lone enemy trying to take it back and I still did not get credit. It's gotta be bugged if you are in a large group.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what it take for that quest, Its taking me several days to complete it. Sometimes im not getting any credit for kills that I know I got the final blow and did plenty of damage.
    Edited by CompM4s on September 28, 2018 3:25AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's glitched. Sometimes kills just don't count toward the quest. Only sometimes.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on September 28, 2018 3:01AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    wait what? it only counts with a killing blow? i used to get kills with just one light attack.
    Edited by OFFL1MIT on September 28, 2018 3:12AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just slot soul assault and radiant. lol
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the easiest one to do. Just make sure you aren't in a group while defending a keep from a siege. It takes like 5 minutes because if you aren't in a group, you get credit for every dead player that you touched at some point. In a group you won't get credit unless you are the killing blow.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    OFFL1MIT wrote: »
    wait what? it only counts with a killing blow? i used to get kills with just one light attack.

No, it has nothing to do with killing blows
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the easiest one to do. Just make sure you aren't in a group while defending a keep from a siege. It takes like 5 minutes because if you aren't in a group, you get credit for every dead player that you touched at some point. In a group you won't get credit unless you are the killing blow.

In a group, theres no guarantee you'll get any credit at all, even if you get the killing blow. If you are solo, all you have to do is damage a player that later dies.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a personal problem...

Simple solution; Player DD :)
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The kill counter for this is very much bugged, so you're not crazy. That being said, if you just want to circumvent that and pound out the quest, dump some oils on people while they're on a ram sieging the door of a keep. There's always some medium armor idiot digging through their purse in front of the door while everyone else sieges, so you'll rack up those kills insanely fast. Also, make sure you're using the heck out of Mutagen and Purifying Light. I know those two also tend to bring about the Templar-no-mount bug, but they'll help you with your kill count and AP. Part of being a Templar healer in PvP is always being the slow, fat kid at the end of the line, huffing and puffing to keep up with your friends anyway. You learn to love and accept it after a while.
    Edited by p00tx on September 28, 2018 5:23PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, it seems to like crediting you with progression on this quest mostly from ground DoT's. This is too such an extent that I actually slot caltrops on a magblade for that purpose. It does not seem to like to credit you for enemies damaged with direct damage skills even to the point of not getting credit for killing blows or kills where you did the majority of the damage.

Very screwed up. but your best bet is ground dots like caltrops and scattershot catapults. I can do this quest very well on my magsorc with lightning flood or on stam toons with arrow barrage. Not so good on mag toons with no range ground AOE's and that can only throw one caltrops every once in a long while and at the cost of a useful bar slot..
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on September 30, 2018 4:57AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.