The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pvp kills in public dungeons?

TyroneShoelaces
Today I was casually fighting some ghosts in forgotten crypts public dungeons, suddenly died to five ticks of a suppression field that I didn't see or notice, as well as an arrow spray from another player.

I've seen some weird glitches over the years, but this one is definitely the strangest. Hopefully just a one time glitch and not some weird exploit someone found. :-)
Edited by TyroneShoelaces on September 29, 2018 9:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you accidentally accept a duel? That's the only thing I can think of that isn't a bizarre glitch.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    No, don't think you can duel in there anyway.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might help to show your death recap and map of where you died since mage skeletons can cast negate and bow skeletons have a form of arrow spray
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Hehe, ok.
    eycy6qqmvvit.png
    459snykh7yfb.png

• Neonisys
    Neonisys
    ✭✭✭
    When I was inthere a player was complaining about being PVP killed, I just assumed he lost a duel or was unlucky with some AOE or something. I didn't think anything of it untiul I saw this post.

Could it be a pvp map instance overlaps with this dungeon instance in some way? [Note, not a programmer, just a very wild stabv in the dark]
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    That particular location has archers very near it, so it is likely the archers that hit you, normal skeletal thingies. Less certain about the suppression, but I am well aware of the archers..that's a nasty place with regard to them.

@Alassirana
    Sneakybo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    In your picture, looks like he was saying that was weird, and asking if you were in a dungeon at the moment. Therefor he was in PvP and all of a sudden he saw you in front of him with a suppression field on top of you and he finished you off... I think it's more Daedric Trickery...
    Ever since summer set the game is broken, you can't attack guards at the resources well, all attacks hit at once after what seems like time is being altered. I think there is something crazy going on in the Daedric fields and the time rips x_x
    Edited by bpmachete on October 1, 2018 1:12PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »
    In your picture, looks like he was saying that was weird, and asking if you were in a dungeon at the moment.
    You're misunderstanding the screenshot. Look again.

OP, my best guess is that you died to an NPC's reflect ability. If A casts an ability on B, B has a reflect ability of some kind, and the reflection of A's attack hits C, the death recap will say that C died to A's damage. Were there any enemies in the dungeon that have a reflect skill of any kind?

7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Heh, mass confusion. After that death, I messaged that player who's name is in my death recap if he was in a public dungeon, he replied that he was. I don't slot suppression field, or acid spray. Nor have I ever seen anything reflected back at me in that dungeon.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    So, we were both in forgotten crypts at the time, but somehow his skills managed to hit and kill me.
    So the overlapping with pvp area is out the window, although I don't know which part of that dungeon he was in at the time. I'll login with a second account and slot those two skills and try them in different areas of the dungeon and see if I can hit myself on the first account.
    Edited by TyroneShoelaces on October 1, 2018 4:03PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, something is broken in the dungeon. Or is that an understatement.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    that is weeeird..
    \did you send a bug report ingame?!
    Edited by lientier on October 1, 2018 4:38PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the other guy sent duel invite inadvertently and OP accepted duel unknowingly and then all this mess happened
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    but the duel flag is quite hard to miss..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The acid spray dmg doesnt look like it was cut in half by battlespirit.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Yes I bug reported it in game.
    I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to duel inside public dungeons.