The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Floors I want to have available

Grimm13
Grimm13
✭✭✭✭✭
71yvvonbq9jl.png
Give us this floor as a large section like the time worn ballroom floor. CS & craft-able.

qxppqfpyroyj.png
Also this floor as well. The rich colors of the wood and the stone is these would make for nice additions as a building material.
https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

We desperately need many more building components, as so many people are custom-building their own houses .

Different styles of wooden floors, plain rustic plank floors as well as smart patterned types like the herringbone one above....and SMOOTH LEVEL please, or we can't lay carpets on them without clipping through. And if you lay the carpet slightly raised so that the floor doesn't clip through the carpet, then your feet get cut off at the ankle! I can't stress the level bit enough.

Also walls please. The Alinor ones are great, but we need wood and brick walls too. And walls for interior rooms, which should be much thinner than the exterior walls.

Roofs. At the moment there are no roofs. I have improvised with the Alinor steps, but it only works with a certain style of house. So different styles and sizes of roofs please!

Stairs of varying styles and widths/lengths. At the moment we only have the two Alinor ones which are too wide for normal interior stairs, and the very rustic stone stairs which are more suited for outside in the garden.

Windows and doors of different styles and sizes.

All these are just basic requirements for building a house, and are everywhere in the game. So please @ZOS be nice to us :)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Yes!

We desperately need many more building components, as so many people are custom-building their own houses .

Different styles of wooden floors, plain rustic plank floors as well as smart patterned types like the herringbone one above....and SMOOTH LEVEL please, or we can't lay carpets on them without clipping through. And if you lay the carpet slightly raised so that the floor doesn't clip through the carpet, then your feet get cut off at the ankle! I can't stress the level bit enough.

Yes! Even the built in floors are mostly janky so you get this clipping/sinking feet. I'mlooking at you, upstairs balcony of Mistveil Manor.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, these floors would be amazing. All the Alinor pieces were a great start, but hopefully they keep them coming!
  • kaldrihjarta
    kaldrihjarta
    ✭✭
    This is my number one wish for future updates. We need more structural items so badly!
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    I am all down for more floors and structural items, but before they do I really hope ZoS will address the lack of ability collision on these structural items.

One of the most functional things we can do with structural pieces is to craft really cool arenas for people to duel. But presently, it is impossible to get the most out of arenas or target dummy combat areas created out of these structural items because things like Volley, Wall of Elements, Elemental Rage, Caltrops all fall straight through these pieces due to lack of ability collision. These pieces all have player collision, cause we can stand on them....why couldn't they adapt that collision but for abilities?
    Edited by SenorCrouch on September 16, 2018 2:27AM
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with murkmire coming, I think we can expect the exact opposite of what folks are asking for.
    Uneven planks, wobbly woven reeds, and items that don't tile well or are too thin.

I have nothing against the style of argonian buildings, but they're not really suggesting themselves well as a source of versatile basic building blocks.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Well with murkmire coming, I think we can expect the exact opposite of what folks are asking for.
    Uneven planks, wobbly woven reeds, and items that don't tile well or are too thin.

I have nothing against the style of argonian buildings, but they're not really suggesting themselves well as a source of versatile basic building blocks.

It looks like there will also be a lot of Colovian (or maybe its Nibeneese) architecture in this DLC also. So hopefully they might give us some more stone walls and floor pieces.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need smaller stairs, walls and floors.. Was trying to do something in Alinor house upstairs, but those stairs were on floor below, they are too big :(
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PLEASE ZOS, I needs this floor piece. It would be amazing to have a proper interior floor.
    6isrgachume7.png
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree. You can achieve the same look with Orc Platform, Block.....but it's a heck of a fiddle and takes up too many slots.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could resize objects, that would be helpful as well.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we could resize objects, that would be helpful as well.

Yes!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the new Murkmire structure pieces but I am also Argonian.

Reed ramp, walkway, floor and they aren't really uneven although they do have a raised reed edge on the walkway.

There is a Xanmeer stone wall item that could be quite versatile if you don't mind a dark stone with a bit of moss look.

The bamboo type fencing/walls/gate is fun but probably not as applicable to most people's buildings.