The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Raise the drop rate of Dwemer frames!

karrie7
karrie7
✭✭✭
Or distribute more weapons with that style globally!Having to pay 13000 gold just for the mats for a single dwemer furniture is unreal..
Edited by karrie7 on November 12, 2017 2:00AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could just grind dwemer dungeons and refine the dwemer scraps to get the frames ya know
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been collecting scrap to make frames since dwemer dropped 2 or more years ago. I have collected less than 50 frames worth.

What needs to change is the insane amount of frames that are needed.
    Edited by Nestor on November 12, 2017 5:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a run you can go through in razak's wheel (bangkorai public dungeon south west) that you can farm for the dwemer scraps needed to make the dwemer frames. Best place I know of so far, just fight a lot of trash mobs and have at it.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    There is a run you can go through in razak's wheel (bangkorai public dungeon south west) that you can farm for the dwemer scraps needed to make the dwemer frames. Best place I know of so far, just fight a lot of trash mobs and have at it.

I got a life you know too..It is insane low drop rate otherwise they would be more affordable and abundant in market..
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »

I got a life you know too..It is insane low drop rate otherwise they would be more affordable and abundant in market..
    You need like 20-30 to craft each so 300 scraps for each one.You need to kill therefore around 500 monsters or more as they even drop each time
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need like 20-30 to craft each so 300 scraps for each one.You need to kill therefore around 500 monsters or more as they even drop each time

you are being very generous with the drop rates. I have gone through entire dwemmer dungeon before and have gotten maybe 2-3 scraps out of it. the drop rates for fragments are abysmal. they are only slightly higher than droprates for vvardenfel purple furnishing blueprints.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs put the huge restriction on the furniture on purpose. The fix is not to raise the drop rates, but to ask them to ease up on the huge requirements on the recipe. However, since they did it on purpose, they likely want players to have a hard time getting the required materials by design.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs put the huge restriction on the furniture on purpose. The fix is not to raise the drop rates, but to ask them to ease up on the huge requirements on the recipe. However, since they did it on purpose, they likely want players to have a hard time getting the required materials by design.

the problem is - dwemmer requirements are disproportionately harder than basically everything else. high elf is easier to farm, daedra hearts are easier to farm, most vvardenfel recipes use dark elf stones and even CWC recipes are not as painful. its just dwemmer that is utterly awful
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

the problem is - dwemmer requirements are disproportionately harder than basically everything else. high elf is easier to farm, daedra hearts are easier to farm, most vvardenfel recipes use dark elf stones and even CWC recipes are not as painful. its just dwemmer that is utterly awful

The drop rate was fine until it was required for furnishings. Therefore the problem lies in the furnishings.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The drop rate was fine until it was required for furnishings. Therefore the problem lies in the furnishings.

I don't know if I would say it was fine. I think the problem is with both the requirements AND drop rates. because dwemmer furniture is the only furniture that is disproportionately more expensive to craft. with possible exception of mage apparatus that requires 20 malachite per item, but even then, we are talking about a single legendary recipe vs entire line of recipes and I swear, even malachite is easier for me to farm then dwemmer frames...

in any case, to reiterate. dwemmer furniture is disproportionately more difficult to craft than any. other. type of furniture. in the game. THAT is the core of the problem, and whether we solve it with increased drop rates or reduced requirements, or both - the problem is that dwemmer furniture is expensive to craft. disproportionately so.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 12, 2017 11:10PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to change the number of Frames per item to just 1 Frame - like how the new CWC items need just 1 tempered brass. That would make it in line with other furniture. Farming the frames is horrible (1 per hour if lucky!)
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it easier to just farm dungeons that drop dwemer style gear and decon it? Darkshade 1 drops automaton, its an easy dungeon and people will often run it to get netch. you can just nab all the off-trait automaton pieces for decon.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the drop rate is too low and the mats required too high
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So that you will break down and buy their sit through the crown store.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just do vMA. You'll hace plenty from all them powered bows and charged restos :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Just do vMA. You'll hace plenty from all them powered bows and charged restos :D

yeah, i know you are being funny and all, but for most of us assuming we can even finish VMA in a first place - it will actualy take less time to just grind dwemmer ruins.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah, i know you are being funny and all, but for most of us assuming we can even finish VMA in a first place - it will actualy take less time to just grind dwemmer ruins.

I'm actually not joking. In my case about 30% of the frames in craft bag come from broken down vMA weapons, and another 20% from sets crafted in the Dwemer style, like Strength of the Automaton, found in Darkshade Caverns 1/2. I think farming normal Darkshade 2, especially if you have a stamina Templar or Sorcerer, that make good use of that set since most of their damage is physical, and deconstructing the bad items would yield quite a few frames. The drop rate of the unrefined material is very small, but 2 has mostly Dwemer robots which occasionally drop them.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually not joking. In my case about 30% of the frames in craft bag come from broken down vMA weapons, and another 20% from sets crafted in the Dwemer style, like Strength of the Automaton, found in Darkshade Caverns 1/2. I think farming normal Darkshade 2, especially if you have a stamina Templar or Sorcerer, that make good use of that set since most of their damage is physical, and deconstructing the bad items would yield quite a few frames. The drop rate of the unrefined material is very small, but 2 has mostly Dwemer robots which occasionally drop them.

that's very nice for you. but you are assuming that this is actualy doable for most of us. for me for example.. I can solo public dungeons. I can solo most I normal dungeons. now. slowly. I can solo NMA. that is the extent of non solo content that I can solo. slowly. which does nothing to solve the farming of the frames issue. especially when you compare it to all the other style materials used in other styles of furniture.

I mean the fact that 30% of the frames you have comes from breaking down VMA weapons is an indicator of how obscenely rare they are. this has GOT to change
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread, but rather than re-create a thread on this same topic, I'm going to bump it instead.

The developers made changes to recipes that required culanda laquer - considerably easier to obtain. It's time to fix the recipes that require dwemer frames, or increase the drop rate of scrap enormously.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I have a friend who wants Dwemer furniture for her housing vision and even with both of us farming, the Dwemer group dungeon in Vvardenfell (you know, the one with the unpronounceable name), it is going painfully slowly to get what she needs. We've already farmed several of the pets from there. I swear, the pieces of the pet are easier to farm than the stupid frames!!!
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I have a friend who wants Dwemer furniture for her housing vision and even with both of us farming, the Dwemer group dungeon in Vvardenfell (you know, the one with the unpronounceable name), it is going painfully slowly to get what she needs. We've already farmed several of the pets from there. I swear, the pieces of the pet are easier to farm than the stupid frames!!!

They really are. It would help if there was some overland set that deconned to frames, but there isn’t. Repeatedly farming Darkshade Caverns is the best method, but no less tedious. The folks who complain about culanda clearly have never tried to furnish a house in dwemer style... there’d be a riot.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ZOS this motif has been out literally for years now. Increasing the drop rates of the materials needed to make the frames would not be such a bad idea :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Dwemer Frames isn't the problem here, I have more than 2k of them myself, and they're all over guild traders for like 200 gold each. That's very cheap.

The problem is the recipes, there's like 6 purple Dwemer recipes that are so rare that barely anyone has them, perhaps a handful of players tops in the entire PC EU server, and sold for more than 1M+ gold the very few times they do surface.

Compared to that grind, Dwemer Frames is nothing.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find both the rare recipe problem AND the frames to be annoying.

ZoS could add Dwemer Furniture Documents that contain all the purple plans at the same drop rate.

ZoS could reduce the amount of Dwemer Frames to make crafting the Dwemer furniture less painful.

Dwarven Lantern, Oil
    Dwarven Pew, Refined
    Dwarven Platform, Steps
    Dwarven Sconce, Barred (this one isn't as rare, but I refuse to pay a lot for it since there are other sconces!)
    Dwarven Table, Assembly
    Dwarven Table, Refined

I am only missing 18 furniture plans now. 6 are Dwarven and as @Carbonised said when you do see them on stores they are often ridiculously overpriced and I know the demand for crafting these items is low due to the cost of the Frames.