Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Don't Try to Catch Your Friends Up?

tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
I got into the game a couple of days before my best friend. My best friend got in a couple of days later and around level 9, me and my other friends decided to let him run a duengeon with us. He was level 9 (or maybe even 10) and we were either 16 or 17. Whenever my friend was in a party with us, his xp got destroyed. So not only could we not help him catch up, but even being in a party with us, practically negated his xp gains. ESO is not friend-friendly and that makes me sad because I love just about everything else about the game (aside from bag management but that's a gripe for another time).

So my question is: How many levels ahead can you be from other party members, before joining a party with a lower level person nerfs their xp?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed XP sharing in the .18 patch to avoid powerleveling other people. IIRC, they haven't released the exact spread of XP reduction for level difference yet.
  • koldmiser
    koldmiser
    Soul Shriven
    That's the way it should be.
  • slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    I think staying within about +/-3 levels is a good rule of thumb. After a 5 level difference with mobs you stop getting drops, so it's a safe assumption that's where the major hit to XP would be as well. Remember you could always help them out by practicing your healing as well :wink:
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also be a pack mule. Just carry their stuff, threaten to not give it back unless you get a share of the loot.