The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dw or 2handed on a magplar

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
Since two-handed count as a 2 set pieces, will a Sharpend greatsword give more damage than a nirn and sharpend 1 handed swords? Considering the passives on two handed is more beneficial than a dual wield
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice much difference really. One benefit of DW is using two weapon enchants with infused.(until it gets nerferd) 2H its nice as well with a bit more stamina regen after kills, and a littlebit of splash damage on light attacks.

No expert, but I would probably go with what looks cool! :tongue:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp, use it for the forward momentum, SD increase, stam recovery on kills, and 2h ultimate after a heavy attack.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »
    Since two-handed count as a 2 set pieces, will a Sharpend greatsword give more damage than a nirn and sharpend 1 handed swords? Considering the passives on two handed is more beneficial than a dual wield

From a PVP perspective, I feel 2H is superior to 1H. As a melee magplar you are often able to really light attack weave consistently, which is where DW shines. By themselves, 2H's Battlerush passive gives you 20% extra stam regen that DW does, while the spell damage bonus is the same for swords and greatsword. 2H also lets you run forward momentum if you want.

If you don't run jabs and are a good light attack weaver, DW may be the way to go.

Either is viable, IMO, for this patch.