Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Water Stained Psijic recipe location?

HJSmith24
HJSmith24
✭✭
Where do you get it? Is it either fishing or spending a fortune?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing in Artaeum. Its a BOP recipe found as an RNG reward in the Psijic Parcels.
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    So just fishing? Well that sucks :/, anyone know how best to maximise my chances of getting it?
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like fishing, but the RNG is not too bad, I think 1-2 hours of fishing did it.
    You can buy the unopened satchels at guild vendors which might - or might not - contain the receipt.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    If its drop chances are like catching rare fish, going in a group and using hismir food will increase your chances. Couldn't tell you for sure that will do anything, though.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    You can get the recipe in artaeum for certain, possibly also in the pyandonian bottles. Or you could buy the psijic satchels unopened to get them in a guild store or guild auction. Fishing is the best way, on your own, and Artaeum has only ocean spots, which makes it easy to pick bait (only worms). Furthermore, there's a purple recipe, also bind on pickup, in some of the satchels. Note, once you've gotten both recipes, it's probably better to sell your satchels unopened, because once you peek in there, the recipe, at least, is bound to your account.

@Alassirana
    SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings

(note, several guilds auction off satchels and bottles in their weekly auctions. I know for a fact that SneakyBo does, and imagine it's true of a lot of them).
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    You can get the recipe in artaeum for certain, possibly also in the pyandonian bottles. Or you could buy the psijic satchels unopened to get them in a guild store or guild auction. Fishing is the best way, on your own, and Artaeum has only ocean spots, which makes it easy to pick bait (only worms). Furthermore, there's a purple recipe, also bind on pickup, in some of the satchels. Note, once you've gotten both recipes, it's probably better to sell your satchels unopened, because once you peek in there, the recipe, at least, is bound to your account.

@Alassirana

(note, several guilds auction off satchels and bottles in their weekly auctions. I know for a fact that SneakyBo does, and imagine it's true of a lot of them).

Great reply, thank you!

Thanks to everyone else too :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot get the recipe from Pynadonean bottles, which only drop from Summerset. Those have a chance to drop pages from the Pynadonean motif instead.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Wasn't certain on that, but listed it because someone had said it a while back and I hadn't tested it to find out.

@Alassirana
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only took me about 30 minutes to get both recipes one afternoon. Just fished in an area that had several fishing spots and went back and forth until I got them both.

As you're heading from Cephora Tower to the vault, if you keep to the shore on your right, you will come to a path down to the ocean - that's where I fished.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying to get it on my main accounts since Summerset dropped and nothing. 1st time fishing on my PS4 eu account and I get both right away.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to fish on Artaeum.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    I don't like fishing, but the RNG is not too bad, I think 1-2 hours of fishing did it.
    You can buy the unopened satchels at guild vendors which might - or might not - contain the receipt.

Can't you view the contents without binding?
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Haenk wrote: »

Can't you view the contents without binding?

Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com