Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why can't I mail items from one of my characters to another of my characters?

julie.keymerb16_ESO
In WoW I often use the mailbox to send items between my characters. It is useful and saves visiting a bank. Mailboxes are outside every inn and are in all towns and villages. It would be really useful to have this in ESO.

Best Answers

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the bank to do that.
    The reason that mailing between characters isn't available is because it's a really easy way of hording items.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
    Answer ✓
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean, but I'm guessing if everyone hoarded tons of stuff it would amount to more strain on the system.
    Answer ✓
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Just park a alt next to the bank. Put items in bank , take out with alt. Bam 60 more free slots.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
    Answer ✓
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    You have the bank to do that.
    The reason that mailing between characters isn't available is because it's a really easy way of hording items.
    While that is true, a couple of friends can easily trade goods and mail them back to each other.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

Answer ✓
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    Just park a alt next to the bank. Put items in bank , take out with alt. Bam 60 more free slots.
    I do something similar. However, I feel a lot less... dirty, if I park the character in the local Tavern. It cheapens the experience for me if I merely exploit their bag capacity.

Each one is specialized in their associated craft. They maintain all of the items for that trade. I alternately play each one of them and they develop at roughly the same rate.

This helps me bind with the individual character's in retrospect to their uniqueness and personality profile. It lessens the need to label them as storage units. Three of the six I have as this core structure may become somewhat of a main in their own right.

This is a concept I tried during the last few beta events. The bank remains empty, for the most part. A given character will place all of their crafting supplies in the bank as they are adventuring. When their bag is full, they find a bank and change out all of the extras they picked up for the others.

It's a never ending cycle.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on April 5, 2014 5:05PM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

Answer ✓
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    That's a shame, because I am a bit of a hoarder. :'(

Me, too. You should see most of my Skyrim characters' storage... and the modded horses with an inventory... and usually their followers' knapsack, too... Mind you, this is forcing me to actually craft regularly rather than saving up and doing a bunch all at once, so it's not all bad :)
    Answer ✓
  • julie.keymerb16_ESO
    That's a shame, because I am a bit of a hoarder. :'(
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to go to a mailbox to send mail either.

• cycle35
    cycle35
    Oh great, already starting to see the WoW mentality in this game. :(